Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to CATASTROPHICALLY EXPLOIT ETHEREUM MINING  (Read 1810 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:12:17 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 09:26:22 PM by vintagetrex

nothing - removed for personal gain.  good luck fudsters i hope your memory serves you poorly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cart

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:12:12 PM

Can this be fixed by switching to PoS soon? I am not a mining guy, but what does that mean for the hashrate?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:13:14 PM

Can this be fixed by switching to PoS soon? I am not a mining guy, but what does that mean for the hashrate?

no it gets even worse.  Eth investors bump this thread down while selling.  You can host one contract and be the only miner able to solve a block in POC/POW at the moment.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:18:47 PM

Even worse someone is probably exploiting obfuscated as we speak. 
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:18:57 PM

Looks like a thread to create panic selling. I am not much into mining, so I will wait for an expert to debunk or not your theory to make my mind up. However I doubt that Ethereum, second best code after Bitcoin's one, would be so flawed Roll Eyes...
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:23:26 PM

Looks like a thread to create panic selling. I am not much into mining, so I will wait for an expert to debunk or not your theory to make my mind up. However I doubt that Ethereum, second best code after Bitcoin's one, would be so flawed Roll Eyes...

a 3X  inverse short of ethereum is worth about $70 billion at the moment
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:25:27 PM

their whole fucking team is "outsider" trading this at the moment because I publicly disclosed
Cart

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:28:29 PM

Why haven't we seen much price action then. If that would be new news, then all the crypto chats and newspapers would be full?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:29:20 PM

I told you how to implement this chain before to prevent this from happening but the investors all wanted to put everything in one chain so they could for a monopoly with only one token.  
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:30:02 PM

FUD I am the biggest expert in crypto currency.  It's not an error in the code it's an error in the mathematics.  Ethereum can only run non probabilistic algorithms.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BIGGER EXPERT THEN WHY DO THEIR INVESTORS KEEP KILL SWITCHING ME?!

I think you are a bit disturbed. May the greatest expert in the world highlight his explanation with something taken from Ethereum GitHub repository ?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:30:11 PM

Why haven't we seen much price action then. If that would be new news, then all the crypto chats and newspapers would be full?

thats not true they are a cartel and all work together anybody who sells gets kicked out.  The price is based on speculation that they will pivot to a functioning version.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:31:48 PM

FUD I am the biggest expert in crypto currency.  It's not an error in the code it's an error in the mathematics.  Ethereum can only run non probabilistic algorithms.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BIGGER EXPERT THEN WHY DO THEIR INVESTORS KEEP KILL SWITCHING ME?!

I think you are a bit disturbed. May the greatest expert in the world highlight his explanation with something taken from Ethereum GitHub repository ?

Maybe you should apply for a job as a shrink.  I don't know their github.  This is an algorithmic exploit. 
-security-

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Is there any way to find out if its been exploited already?
NostradamusJones

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:25:00 AM

OP has a post history. That is all.

"If you are unaware there was a large shift in power at the time Donald Trump was elected from established Nazi politics to a rebellious pro human political structure.  The Nazis held subterranean positions that could house over 100,000,000 infantry now vacant.  Humans need to get to these entrenched bunkers and make them their new homes.  Security is the highest form of luxury.  These are the best positions on the planet and the cheapest to defend.  Zion fell to human for the first time in 8,000 years.  It is huge underground network of caves and magma. "
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:14:10 AM

Are you saying this is Shelby?
I wouldn't be surprised LOL

and my math is pretty shitty but he sounds believable.
But to what extent is this a problem.
Like if you can get an edge then how much are we talking about.
It would be interesting if this was used in the wild and we can see it in action and the results.

Not a lot of people are experts in math and algorithm so I will let them address this.

FUD first & ask questions later™
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:22:52 AM

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised by this..
hidetoshi

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:24:55 AM

Are you saying this is Shelby?
I wouldn't be surprised LOL

and my math is pretty shitty but he sounds believable.
But to what extent is this a problem.
Like if you can get an edge then how much are we talking about.
It would be interesting if this was used in the wild and we can see it in action and the results.

Not a lot of people are experts in math and algorithm so I will let them address this.

Sounds like Shelby. It should be an interesting week for eforkeum.
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:25:59 AM

Not much news or info out there in the wild about this.  

But if confirmed then really after all the bad press and hacks with ETH it might just put the final nail in the coffin.

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:16:34 AM

i wish you didn't speak about price in your comments, you just devalued all the things you said because of mixing the price in the discussions about "an exploit in the code".

i am no expert and didn't understand how this is supposed to work but what i am wondering is why nobody (or you-the self claimed security expert) has already exploited this?

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:46:04 AM

Doesn't runtime cost gas?

So if you're hoping to grind the network to a halt, you'd better be prepared to pay for it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: