Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a limit of transactions/address that Electrum can handle?  (Read 315 times)
Moria843 (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:20:38 PM

I've never had a problem importing private keys until I tried one with 770 transactions within its address. Electrum just keeps processing and seems to stop responding.

Has anyone else seem this problem and is there a solution?

Or, does Electrum have a limit on the transactions/address it can handle?

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:55:16 AM

I have noticed some issues in the past with addresses that have extremely large amounts of transactions. These can take more time for Electrum to process or for the wallet to open. That particular wallet file was quite large and wasn't opening correctly at one point. Eventually it did start working for me though but it does seem that Electrum may struggle a little bit with these types of wallets.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:09:25 AM

Has anyone else seem this problem and is there a solution?

It has been mentioned before on this forum. The solution is to create a new wallet and move your bitcoins to it.

Or, does Electrum have a limit on the transactions/address it can handle?

not an arbitrary limit or anything hardcoded in the code. it's just that it gets slow when you have lots of addresses and/or transactions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: