Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wasn't that good to use bitcoin as your lifetime asset?  (Read 4143 times)
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 02:03:14 PM

Maybe or maybe not.

It's still a long way to consider Bitcoin would reach that stage, who knows within 10 years Bitcoin would moon or doom. I would suggest anyone to enjoy the ride of BTC along it's unique life cycle, at least few years before Bitcoin's fate is more certain. Investing and most importantly USE IT to earn more value. I won't treat BTC like digital gold or pension fund anyway as it's all about perception of value by most of the people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:42:11 PM

although i patronized bitcoins as of the moment but i cannot totally say that is safe to make it a lifetime asset since bitcoin is unstable. for now the bitcoins price was kept on rising but no one can assure that it will stay that way for a long run.
choirunn

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:40:14 PM

Please help me make clear idea about how good bitcoin is to be a digital asset as we become old in the future, and this served as our lifetime asset same as pension when your retire from your current job at the age of 60.

so I think if for long-term investment and for the old days you should buy bitcoin in the market available in your country, because it is guaranteed security and trust can be melted and can be visited directly to the location. and you will enjoy your investment return in the old days later.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:45:38 PM

making Bitcoin as a very long-term asset is a risky thing and I think it's an unwise act because Bitcoin is unstable and also it won’t be in its glory forever because it’s not impossible for something better will replace its position in future. remember when some countries forbid the use of Bitcoin. it possible many countries will release their own digital currency. You’d better prepare your next investment plan before Bitcoin falls and vanish.

For this reason it's a good idea to split your money among some different investments, but don't forget to invest into Bitcoins too. I believe most people here will have to wait a long time yet to retire themselves and until this time comes many events can happen that will affect Bitcoin's price. Not only Bitcoin's price, but our societies, economies, etc... I believe the best to do is to build our own way without trusting our future on the country's pension, in some countries like mine it's already going bad, very unstable...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:03:54 PM

yes i have been in bitcoin for a year now and been enjoying its amazing benefits but since bitcoin doesn’t have the general guidelines, policies and terms yet, i don’t consider it as a liftime asset. Probably i will not have my wallet without a coin and some investments but there will come a time that i’ll still encash it and invest another.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:14:36 PM

Hey
I disagree with the fact of converting bitcoins into an asset because you can't be sure that the bitcoins won't get hacked in the future or banned for worse, an asset is supposed to be stable and foolproof and when it comes to the retirement time.. thats a preety long time no one knows if another currency would have taken over, thus invest in bitcoins no doubt but cash them out timely and hold some, don't make it to be the only asset that you are saving for retirement, but make it a part of it.
In that way you won't have to be worried about the possibility of loosing everything, always keep a backup plan and don't just focus on one thing.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:29:05 PM

Hey
I disagree with the fact of converting bitcoins into an asset because you can't be sure that the bitcoins won't get hacked in the future or banned for worse, an asset is supposed to be stable and foolproof and when it comes to the retirement time.. thats a preety long time no one knows if another currency would have taken over, thus invest in bitcoins no doubt but cash them out timely and hold some, don't make it to be the only asset that you are saving for retirement, but make it a part of it.
In that way you won't have to be worried about the possibility of loosing everything, always keep a backup plan and don't just focus on one thing.
This would really be a right step on where we should really be not too confident enough to believe on bitcoin.Im not saying that its not deserving but to think off that theres no assurance that this thing would really last forever on which it would really be possibly to make it as an asset and would really be still there on our retirement time.Having a back-up is always being suggested.In case bitcoin would fail then you would still have an another option and as you said we should not focus only on one but rather to have many options than on just single thing.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:52:18 PM

yes i have been in bitcoin for a year now and been enjoying its amazing benefits but since bitcoin doesn’t have the general guidelines, policies and terms yet, i don’t consider it as a liftime asset. Probably i will not have my wallet without a coin and some investments but there will come a time that i’ll still encash it and invest another.
That's why bitcoin is decentralized because it doesn't need a third party to control them or either can hold them without the users consent. Also leaving your bitcoin on some exchanges is not recommendable since those exchanges are controlled by the government and in rare cases can lock your account down but this is another set of story. Probably you will cash out your money on any exchanges due to your daily needs or when there's an emergency. Think of it as your own business if you were doing it with bitcoin.

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

making Bitcoin as a very long-term asset is a risky thing and I think it's an unwise act because Bitcoin is unstable and also it won’t be in its glory forever because it’s not impossible for something better will replace its position in future. remember when some countries forbid the use of Bitcoin. it possible many countries will release their own digital currency. You’d better prepare your next investment plan before Bitcoin falls and vanish.

For this reason it's a good idea to split your money among some different investments, but don't forget to invest into Bitcoins too. I believe most people here will have to wait a long time yet to retire themselves and until this time comes many events can happen that will affect Bitcoin's price. Not only Bitcoin's price, but our societies, economies, etc... I believe the best to do is to build our own way without trusting our future on the country's pension, in some countries like mine it's already going bad, very unstable...
Yes this will help people after the retirement life because at that time there will be no such a source of income so this coin will help them and those who are adopting this coins strategy they will live a worry less life in future and this the best way to save money nowadays and then cash out it in the time of need and I will also use it as asset so that it will help me in my old age and this will be helpful for me in future.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:46:09 PM

It doesn't have a set of guidelines simply because its de-centralized, no central authority. If you are looking for guidelines then bitcoin is not for you, you can go back to the old traditional banks. We are on our banks in bitcoin. So we have the responsibilities to protect it all cost and not to someone. Of course during the course of your bitcoin holding, there will come a time that you need to cash it out. But I disagree with you investing it on another. However, personally, the only thing that I will invest my bitcoin holding is going to real property like house or apartment. I won't invest on other things. Not on stocks, or bonds. Maybe in a business perhaps, but its good to just hold and removed yourself from having stress if you put up a business.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Naruil

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:20:01 PM

It is not that good no because why did you go to school to just put your life in bitcoin? i think it is better if people see bitcoin ore as a hobby and not as a full time job because why go to university get a certificate and sit home and earn bitcoins.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:22:54 PM

Bitcoin is nowadays the most valuable crypto currency, and its having a powerful potential, so investing in BTC should be safest than many other altcoins. But to minimize the risks, we can invest in other stable altcoins as well.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:26:43 PM

Please help me make clear idea about how good bitcoin is to be a digital asset as we become old in the future, and this served as our lifetime asset same as pension when your retire from your current job at the age of 60.

bitcoin is a digital currency that has limited supply but has many enthusiasts and demand, this is the obvious reason for investment because the more the goods or the rarer bitcoin and harder bitcoin will be the more expensive.
samanthabiolena

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:36:07 PM

In my own opinion, making bitcoin as your digital asset is quite a good idea. Because we all know how convenient it is to use bitcoin. It is everywhere and you can almost use it in everything. Bitcoin is really a good investment for the future because it’s market price is continuing to be high and by means of that it will ne beneficial for you to own such bitcoin because your money would probably increase. You can get a hold of your bitcoin and you will never experience to lose such money from this good investment. It is really that powerful that everyone is eager to earn it and they are doing everything for them to keep it so they can use sell it for a higher price someday. I don’t know but I really think that bitcoin is such a good investment that’s why if I would given a chance, I will invest my money through it and let my money works for me.
tobs

Activity: 282

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:15:32 PM

I think you can't blindly rely on bitcoin to be your pension or great asset in the future. I mean, it's not a good idea to buy a bitcoin now, forget about it and access it after 40 years, because no one knows if there is still bitcoin in such future. Blockchain technology is relatively young and we already have many altcoins being created almost every day. Bitcoin is the first one, but it's not necessarily the best one. What I mean by that, is that in the future as the technology advances and develops, some other coin may become the new bitcoin and your bitcoins may become worthless after 40 years of waiting. So yeah, it's a good option to buy bitcoin now in the hope of great profits in the future, but it's important to keep up with the cryptocurrency market and other new technologies.
deejayce48

Activity: 185

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:47:20 AM

I know for starters it is really hard for you to believe about the objective of Bitcoin. I mean if it will hold a good place in Economy or not. Come to think, We are in the middle of Digital era and automation/Computerization are now a requirements to most of the business to have a quality service or product. Just like money. Bitcoin's future is really great and investing on it now will change your future when you retire.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
Sophia29

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:27:31 PM

Make a long term hold and a part that you can play whenever the pprice surge up suddenly and when it makes another disconfirm or confirm continuation trend, play with the market of bitcoin but set at least a long term backup.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:13:58 PM

Yes this will help people after the retirement life because at that time there will be no such a source of income so this coin will help them and those who are adopting this coins strategy they will live a worry less life in future and this the best way to save money nowadays and then cash out it in the time of need and I will also use it as asset so that it will help me in my old age and this will be helpful for me in future.
although bitcoin is currently giving us very good profit, Some people who do not have day job and are jobless in real life, bitcoin is giving them a very good financial support, either they have some money to invest or those who do not have any investment, but still they can earn money by proving different services, but still we cannot depend on bitcoin for lifetime assets, because bitcoin price is unpredictable and no one know that what will happen to bitcoin price in future. Although bitcoin future is looking too much bright. Because the bitcoin users are increasing from time to time and they are making bitcoin as more stronger and reliable for investment.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:02:27 PM

I consider bitcoin as a lifetime asset because we all know that the value is keep on increasing periodically. As of today the value is $12k dollar already and i am sure that in the future the value will still keep on increasing and those who keep on holding will earn more profit.
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:13:43 PM

Well by then if Bitcoin prices rests at something solid above 1 million you can be sure it will be enough to retire on given you had enough of it while you were younger. Now whether it will be spendable on a daily basis is another argument but regardless of that you will be able to take out a year's expenses by selling it on the market and given it to somebody else. This is what I hope occurs with Bitcoin long term if not I will sell when the ship looks like it is sinking (I don't think that will happen though).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: