Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & Altcoin charts - technical analysis  (Read 584 times)
coinsgod (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:35:09 AM

For peeps who do technical analysis on charts, what type of charts do you look at? Do you look at USD/BTC or Euro/BTC or what? And what about altcoins, which charts do you look at? BTC/Altcoin or USD/Altcoin?

There are many possible charts to look at so how do you know what currency chart to use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinsgod (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:03:41 AM

And also which exchange to base the charts on as different exchanges would have different price action, therefore the charts will be different.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

For peeps who do technical analysis on charts, what type of charts do you look at? Do you look at USD/BTC or Euro/BTC or what? And what about altcoins, which charts do you look at? BTC/Altcoin or USD/Altcoin?

There are many possible charts to look at so how do you know what currency chart to use?

you look at the charts for the market that you are trading at. if you are trading with USD then you look at USD/BTC and if altcoins with bitcoin then alt/btc. you can always take a look at the other charts but they behave all the same.

And also which exchange to base the charts on as different exchanges would have different price action, therefore the charts will be different.

they won't be that different.
for example charts for bitcoin from bitfinex, bitstamp, coinbase, gemeni are all the same for 90% of the times.
but for example charts for litecoin on poloniex and bittres are very different from charts from cryptopia for instance. (because the later has low volume and small market)

There is a FOMO brewing...
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:03:24 PM

I do trade with poloniex and c-cex and most of the charts I do analysis are btc/alt and preferred using it because it is easy to interpret. I do view my price chart in dollars from https://coinmarketcap.com as on this site I can navigate between bitcoin and dollars charts.
cointabo

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:39:06 AM

You have to look at both BTC and different fiat pairs at different exchanges to come up with analysis. I personally look at BTC/USD, BTC/EUR on Bitfinex, Coinbase and Kraken.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:44:08 AM

I always look at the market that I'm trading at, at the exchange I'm using. It would be stupid to look at the BTC/EUR pair when I want USD, wouldn't it?
However I've been using https://bitcoinwisdom.com/ latelly and have found it to be extremely useful because it has data and charts from multiple exchanges, pairs and altcoins all in one place, as well as some additional tools and options.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: