Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:53:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys, remember Tenebrix?  (Read 2727 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 03:54:22 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 03:30:58 PM by markm

I believe GRouPcoin fixed the Time Travel exploit so if someone simply clones GRouPcoin to cut and paste newer versions of I0Coin and GeistGeld instead of waiting for the "mergecoin" repo (latest bitcoin with ability to be secondary chain in a merge added, the common code all the merged mined coins need in order to upgrade to latest bitcoin code) the timetravel fix will come along with that as a freebie.

(Both I0Coin and GeistGeld are already considering cloning from GRouPcoin anyway as a temp fix for their memory problems if someone doesn't want to wait to upgrade them directly to be based on latest bitcoin code.)

Similarly if anyone is in a hurry to fix it in Fairbrix and Tenebrix they can always go ahead and cut and paste a current Litecoin to make newer versions of Fairbrix and Tenebrix instead of waiting for a version of Litecoin that is based on latest Bitcoin code.

Thing is, fixing any of them might bring in more miners to divvy up the daily coins among, so there is some tendency to figure "maybe tomorrow, might as well rack up another day of easy mining before attracting more competing miners..."

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:06:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is still a visual block explorer for Tenebrix?

not visual but works like a charm (znort's blockexplorer with a small patch for TBX/FBX):
https://github.com/wiggi/blockparser
https://github.com/wiggi/blockparser/commit/57f396533d9c35d87ea0c98a4f85e94cfed0edd3

note: the uncommented line in Makefile must go first, like this
Code:
	-DTENEBRIX              \
#        -DLITECOIN              \
#        -DFAIRBRIX              \
not this
Code:
#        -DLITECOIN              \
#        -DFAIRBRIX              \
-DTENEBRIX              \

Otherwise it will parse bitcoin. (Is this standard makefile behavior?)

First 2 lines in allBalances.txt:
Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 Balance                                  Hash160                             Base58   nbIn lastTimeIn                 nbOut lastTimeOut
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        5702126.98450000 ca7de646208f051206b54af9fde9eff3c8c0e655 tRPHNC7AuyQWvg6y6zK5C8g93Vutr8J7YB      5 Mon Apr 29 13:29:42 2013       1 Tue Oct  4 13:15:30 2011
        1999499.00000000 fd2130b2e590fddb4c91510098552ec5901135e0 tW12mRSDu6ioP3NmHCdHvjxLFDgffwQoJw      1 Tue Oct  4 13:15:30 2011       0 Thu Jan  1 00:00:00 1970

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:00:23 PM

LTC is immune to it and had no premine.

premine instamine its all the same

LTC had no premine or instamine.

Block explorer debunks the premine and it's kinda hard to instamine a cpu only coin, which LTC crtainly was for months after launch.

~BCX~

was it mined purely in the btt and similar crypto community?
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2020, 12:11:15 AM

I'm running "Tenebrix Wallet" from tenebrix.exe. Same conf as the original in Windows Appdata > Roaming > tenebrix folder...

Have opened through command line as well as clicking it Wink

But the problem is, after I exit the app I have to restart from the beginning loading the blockchain. I looked at my debug log and it flushes a lot of .dat files on shutdown.

Looking for a way to prevent this as it takes a long time to load the 356202 blocks I did. Also markm said the chain was at 356822 blocks for the Tenebrix he is running so I don't know why it stopped short. Or maybe vaguely I do. Either way, I would love to figure out how to access command line on Windows 10 for tbx to get the private keys for my wallets in case I receive coins and I need that privkey at a later date (migration perhaps?)

From the many one, from one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 12:53:49 AM

Okay, correction, I am running "tenebrix.exe" and launch from Windows Powershell as an admin. It appears in the Tenebrix-pack I downloaded there's a START_TENEBRIX.exe which will launch a wallet that stopped loading blocks around 356202. I then went into the "App" folder of this "Tenebrix-pack" folder I got from lolcust's github repos and it launches a wallet that looks the same but it had to redownload all of the blocks and has different addresses in the wallet. This is where "tenebrix.exe" that I launched from Powershell came from, an App folder in the same Tenebrix-pack folder as "START_TENEBRIX.exe"... both wallets look identical but the one that works for me and went beyond block 356202 after resyncing all the blocks again was in the App folder > "tenebrix.exe". I went a step further and put this in my AppData/Roaming/tenebrix directory and relaunched tenebrix.exe with powershell commands from there (I have Windows 10). Funny thing is, as I proceed to the next block (this is taking up 60%-75% of my CPU!) I also get 25.00 TBX generated and sent into my wallet where it proceeds to rack up the necessary 6/6 confirmations and also after 149+ blocks get added to my balance. I only have one connection. Maybe my blocks are not in sync, but this appears to be one of those "waste of power if all this mining is for not" OR more likely some of the features lolcust had hoped for Tenebrix (anonymity, mixing, whatever you call it). IF markm is correct in that the number of connections somewhat correlates to the amount of cpus mining this coin, then perhaps I am the only one mining it and seeing it display on my Windows 10 GUI "Tenebrix Wallet" "[Tenebrix]" which appears to be a mix of Qt4 files, among other things (like alpha or beta GUI components that are included in the pack). Either way, I may be behind in blocks, maybe Windows is living in the past. Maybe GeistGeld is in the distant future, perhaps we're all mining the correct Tenebrix but we're all on different perceived blocks. Or maybe I'm just mirroring someone who forged an earlier path like markm that has his block count quite a bit higher than mine. Sometimes I find blocks later than 5 mins or quicker, but its always the very next block on my block count. Indeed - like coblee when he made litecoin, one reason for me to mine this and run the software is because I want to keep the blockchain alive and it gives me an opportunity to learn a lot about Bitcoin to the point where I don't see it as "only money"... Time is relative. To say all computers are mining blocks on the same protocol or server is ridiculous. All blocks matter. Especially since I am getting the necessary 6/6 confirmations. Maybe I'm doing a fraction of the work that was left for someone in my position. Either way, I hope we can discuss this more.

I would really like to figure out how to get the daemon linked up to where I could view other Tenebrix related data like I do in a QT wallet RPC console Tongue (I'm a Windows guy, forgive me - maybe I should create a linux version on a Virtual Machine/Box or something).

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 02:20:26 AM

learning much more as we move on. I guess maybe the 2 connection(s) im getting in the "Tenebrix Wallet" GUI for windows that I use to CPU mine (gen=1) my TBX rewards and send txns on with a fellow A-Team member from Devcoin (DVC) and co-founder himself IS where we're at. The fix the next day approach markm discusses maybe why Lolcust took down the downloads page (or someone else) for the tenebrix.exe I run (VERSION = 32778 from September 25, 2011 commit in Lolcust/Tenebrix) ...

Anyhoo this coin is ridiculously interesting. If I take the premined "Subsidy" for block 1 = 7769999 "TBX" and the 50 block 0 that cannot be spent, as well as the 25 "post_Subsidy=25 (TBX)" for every block after block #1 then we're getting close to 21 million TBX as of Block 520077 "block(s)" according to my older MultiCoin-qt forked software...

Could infact be at 20771949 TBX from block 0 to block 520076 by my count... There is no max supply cap for TBX in the code I looked at here but maybe there will be some sort of sense as we approach Bitcoin's "21000000" coin limit (supposedly its less than that but thats out of scope here)... If 25 TBX per 5 min block continue to be doled out to everyone CPU mining this TBX unit then Tenebrix would reach 21 million TBX mined (including the premined block 1 "Subsidy") around 31 days from today. I had it at 5/16/2022-5/17/2022 CDT last time I checked the same math over 3 weeks ago.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: