Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:27:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Bitcoin ? Segwit , Segwit with 2MB , 8MB Bitcoin Cash  (Read 1660 times)
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 08:56:11 AM

It would actually be very interesting. Moreover, everyday isn't Christmas and I am not sure such would happen anytime soon. In as much as bitcoin cash came with a presumed war, Bitcoin conquered and will always do apparently. It seems though that BCH is getting back on its feet gradually or is it just another quick pump?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:56:57 AM

After all see what will happen to the bitcoin cash I think miners will be more cooperative. No one wants to lose their money due to unnecessary ambitions. I am sure that bitcoin is not threatened.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 08:58:08 AM

It would actually be very interesting. Moreover, everyday isn't Christmas and I am not sure such would happen anytime soon. In as much as bitcoin cash came with a presumed war, Bitcoin conquered and will always do apparently. It seems though that BCH is getting back on its feet gradually or is it just another quick pump?
Just a classic pump & dump, i.e. speculation. Most of the coins on coinmarketcap are not even worth 1/10 of their valuation (speculation put aside). I don't mind though, it recovered in time for me to pull more funds to dump.

After all see what will happen to the bitcoin cash I think miners will be more cooperative. No one wants to lose their money due to unnecessary ambitions. I am sure that bitcoin is not threatened.
Bitcoin Cash has nothing to do with Bitcoin besides taking a snapshot of its balances.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:12:04 AM

If core still ignores miners and NYA  when building 'consensus' code ... there will be more shit happening - YES.

I wish i didnt agree but I do. I really wouldnt like to have another split. But I am afraid that if the 2X split happens, it will be far messier than the August 1st split. Its going to be an interesting 3 months. Lets hope all parties involved act like adults and do things as planned. No more suprises.
MonkeyDreamer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:35:22 PM

Only 1 Bitcoin,
the BTC is the only one,
all others are something other,
there can be only 1 Mum!
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:29:01 PM

The hard fork in November can not happen, and therefore will not happen. There is absolutely near-zero support from the community and likewise from the developers. There will also not be "3 Bitcoin". There is 1 Bitcoin, the rest are altcoins. Bitcoin Cash (aka bcash, aka BCH) will always be an altcoin, and the same will apply for any controversial hard fork.

but these ones are still regarded as "bitcoin".
Bullshit. Just because you slap the name Bitcoin in front of some word and premine existing balances, that doesn't mean that it is Bitcoin.

There is no premine. A hardfork is a split of 1 chain to 2 chains and each chain will have their own software/consensus/protocols/codings/etc.

There is no premine at all.

Both are bitcoin since it derives from the original bitcoin chain. One is Bitcoin Core and the other is Bitcoin Cash. Neither are original anymore. A slice of bread = original. Cut it in half you get two halves bread of 1 original bread. The original bread no longer exist. The original bitcoin existed until the hardfork.

The total value of both coins currently hovering over $3700, which has demonstrated that there is an increased market for both bitcoin to exist. The other altcoins are going down. I do not know about you, but i will say this, "Long may both bitcoin chain prosper."

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:34:28 PM

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10982

this could make fork more likely
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:43:28 PM

I would not mind if for every fork I would be receiving some free coins into my account in the exchange that can be supporting the new altcoin. However, I think this whole thing has to stop because it will make Bitcoin look like a joker. Anyway, I am sure it would not really happen that way. One split I think is enough. Not unless we want to make this whole thing a big comedy then we can have a good laugh.

I get your point man. Tho we all know here that we are trying to fix the current bitcoin situation in which is already worse the fees and the transaction process are getting ridiculous but i would have to agree with you that creating another coin is not just the solution
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:59:17 PM

Just a classic pump & dump, i.e. speculation. Most of the coins on coinmarketcap are not even worth 1/10 of their valuation (speculation put aside). I don't mind though, it recovered in time for me to pull more funds to dump.

Bitcoin Cash has nothing to do with Bitcoin besides taking a snapshot of its balances.

Exactly , Bcc has no value . Its just that BCC has been given as free to all those who have BTC. You can say people got bonus/ gift on keeping the bitcoins with them save. I Would surely suggest people to sell Bcc at good price now and buy more bitcoins which is the real digital currency.
Script

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 03:00:01 PM

It would be interesting if there will be another coin splits  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/segwit2x-and-the-tale-of-three-bitcoins/

Do you think it will happen?
WHat do you think?

I hope so, I need more free money!

People should do a fork every week, there will always be schmucks to dump on.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 03:00:55 PM

It is a premine per definition of a premine.

Both are bitcoin since it derives from the original bitcoin chain.
Which is an absolute lie. Bitcoin Cash is an altcoin.

One is Bitcoin Core and the other is Bitcoin Cash.
One is Bitcoin and the other one is an altcoin.

Neither are original anymore. A slice of bread = original. Cut it in half you get two halves bread of 1 original bread. The original bread no longer exist. The original bitcoin existed until the hardfork.
That's not what a hard fork is. Are you stupid or just paid to write nonsense like this?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
The One
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:06:50 PM

It is a premine per definition of a premine.

Both are bitcoin since it derives from the original bitcoin chain.
Which is an absolute lie. Bitcoin Cash is an altcoin.

One is Bitcoin Core and the other is Bitcoin Cash.
One is Bitcoin and the other one is an altcoin.

Neither are original anymore. A slice of bread = original. Cut it in half you get two halves bread of 1 original bread. The original bread no longer exist. The original bitcoin existed until the hardfork.
That's not what a hard fork is. Are you stupid or just paid to write nonsense like this?

If someone paid me to write nonsense, i would never earn a penny.

..C..

chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:18:54 PM

Yet still the other one is the bitcoin and the other one is obviously not. A spaghetti contains pasta a carbonara also contains pasta but in the end a carbonara is not a spaghetti and same as goes to a spaghetti is still not a carbonara even if they both made out of pasta
The One
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:12:25 PM

Yet still the other one is the bitcoin and the other one is obviously not. A spaghetti contains pasta a carbonara also contains pasta but in the end a carbonara is not a spaghetti and same as goes to a spaghetti is still not a carbonara even if they both made out of pasta

A penny for you...

..C..

altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:35:29 PM

Who is responsible for the "unknown" hashrate on bitcoincash?

http://bitcointicker.co/bccminingpools/
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:07:38 PM

You are full of nonsense; all claims that you've made are false.

Who is responsible for the "unknown" hashrate on bitcoincash?

http://bitcointicker.co/bccminingpools/
Who knows? Their difficulty has been dropping, thus any minor miner on the Bitcoin network can appear as a major one in the BCH network.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
skyline247

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:16:48 PM

with that definition there are at least 200 bitcoin because about 200 (give or take) altcoins have forked from bitcoin. a lot of them have actually given airdrops like BCC to the users and hodlers of bitcoin.

a correct definition however is, bitcoin is what the consensus says it is. and you already know what the consensus rules say bitcoin is.

I like how your username is Bitcoin Hodler and you mention Hodling Bitcoin in your posts. Grin

That is the definition of staying true to your name. Smiley
ethtraderdude

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:21:52 PM

intuitively i was expecting a selloff of BCC once people got the free coin, but that doesn't seem to be happening. is this just a matter of liquidity?
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:26:29 PM

I'm no Bitcoin Cash supporter, but let's be clear about this. If this hard fork is just a snapshot of the UTXO set, so is any hard fork. This would be true of the planned November fork (which seems to have significant support among businesses, the miners and the community). I'm generally against hard forks (as upgrades), since I see blockchains as opt-in systems. Opting into a hard forked blockchain means leaving the consensus. That's fine, but it wouldn't be Bitcoin anymore.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:32:26 PM

There is also bitcore (btx) , already has segwit activated, bloom and 20mb blocks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: