Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long can BTC-E Stay in Business as a black market company?  (Read 4268 times)
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 02:56:16 AM

The U.S. gov hasn't targeted the whole of Gox, yet.  Just the Dwolla account, which was obtained with information the U.S. gov deems incorrect.

I'm sure they are looking for other weak links as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 02:59:56 AM

Please, do not ask for that stupid G00gle auth, you have to log in on google to login on other site. Google wants to got you under its eye 24hs.

BTC-e is secure, he sends you a confirmation email if you want to withdraw; and email account can't be changed with a confirmation either.

Yeah the withdrawal confirmation is epic.  Plus they actually withdrawal promptly.  They are a top notch exchange in my opinion.  Plus a trollbox.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:01:15 AM

yeah BTC-E is topnotch
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:35:39 AM

Please, do not ask for that stupid G00gle auth, you have to log in on google to login on other site. Google wants to got you under its eye 24hs.

BTC-e is secure, he sends you a confirmation email if you want to withdraw; and email account can't be changed with a confirmation either.

Yeah the withdrawal confirmation is epic.  Plus they actually withdrawal promptly.  They are a top notch exchange in my opinion.  Plus a trollbox.

Trollbox is very good for on the pulse news, MtGox Dwolla info was shouted about there first, thankfully i sold my litecoins quickly then rebought at 2.5 Tongue just gotta be careful that it's genuine.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:49:44 AM

Where did you get it is from Bulgaria?

I don't think so, they use loads of Russian payment deposit options including Russian banks etc and none of Bulgarian..

Read their website. "For all legal purposes, these Terms of Use shall be governed by the laws applicable in the Republic of Bulgaria." Terms page.

more or less retired.
durnkenWiz

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:20:27 AM

Just checked the withdraw options and it seems paypal's there, skrill also. Did anyone use those, do they actually work? If they do, very nice, gg btc-e  Cool
vane91

Activity: 133
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:55:53 AM

You are wrong, google authenticator is a OTP (2FA) app that you install on your phone, 99% of the people trust it for their gmail account, but you can add aditional websites, google don't even know what websites you put on in. it's safe as long as you got no malware on your phone, if it was unsecure it will be a huge backlash for google. Notice how even btc-e advised that you use gmail with OTP...  that's google authenticator, it's different than linking your account in some webpage to the google login.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:04:31 AM

Just checked the withdraw options and it seems paypal's there, skrill also. Did anyone use those, do they actually work? If they do, very nice, gg btc-e  Cool
I wouldn't consider using Paypal at all , I tried  it once and lost allot of money, they charge you 0.2 fee for your trade than 6 % to withdraw, than Paypal charge you again with even bigger fee for receiving the money, and than if you want to convert from USD to your local currency (Euro in my case) you will lose another X% of the conversion because of the low rate that Paypal offers. Just keep away from Paypal really.

OP, I think that LTC is undervalued because of BTC-e, a real investor wont go there at all , because it is so hard to get your FIAT into there, so only miners are speculating and buying and selling from each other. this is why LTC is undervalued, when it will hit Mt.gox we will see the real value of it .

we need BTC-e  until Mt.gox add LTC than BTC-e will die any ways , only the ALT junk coins will be traded there.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:11:40 AM

Bitinstant to mtgox , mtgox to btc-e? Well that's how I did it

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:48:43 AM

You are correct. I don't care what country they are based in, if they offer their services to US customers in the form of X crypto currency to FIAT and FIAT to x crypto currency, then they will get shut down if they are not FINcen compliant.

Its not a matter of if, but its a matter of when. Anyone that leaves any FIAT or crypto on btc-e is gambling. The Us government WILL, not IF, shut them down. Sorry if you have a lot of money on there when that happens. The domain will get seized and any FIAT bank accounts will be frozen.

Again, it is no t a matter of if, but when it will happen.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:56:07 AM

Ps: I first expressed these concerns about a month ago even before Mt Gox got served.

I received several Paypal payments from BTCe and it was obvious they were breaking in the law at the time. Not only did the PayPal payments come from random individuals and shell companies, but they also ask for no over indintification of your identity.

They are blatantly FINcen non compliant.
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Google Authenticator has nothing to do with any Google account and Google knows nothing about the OTPs generated to access your protected accounts. You better learn how the Android app works.

human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:52:22 AM

What's wrong with Bulgaria?  They've been advertising in Businessweek for a while now... 10% flat tax, very business friendly, sounds like a good place for a BTC exchange.
Interesting news! I just wonder now why everybody assumed that btc-e was Russian. By the way, bitcoin7 was Bulgarian too.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

I'm wondering why there aren't MORE unregulated exchanges.

Maybe there already is, but there needs to be some open source code out there for building an exchange site - where you can just add your own CSS and its ready to go. Then open about 20 bank accounts or more under various IDs and legal fictions and rotate them for various customers. If a 100 people did that the governments of the world would have no chance.

I'm grumpy!!
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:58:51 PM

Ps: I first expressed these concerns about a month ago even before Mt Gox got served.

I received several Paypal payments from BTCe and it was obvious they were breaking in the law at the time. Not only did the PayPal payments come from random individuals and shell companies, but they also ask for no over indintification of your identity.

They are blatantly FINcen non compliant.

Don't worry.  Your precious investment in Avalon asics will be okay.  BTC will probably be over 300 next year or so.  You don't have to be so threatened by Worldcoin or whatever other altcoin.  You and Crazy_rabbit are so agonized by these altcoin releases that it's laughable.  There's no need to hype the gox FUD into btc-e.  NOTHING is a surprise or new...not even the Dwolla/gox news.  Fincen has been a debate for quite sometime.  And may I just add Bter.com is proving itself to be very reputable, so I am sure it will step up and handle the void left by btc-e's exit, if it happens. Not to mention the handful of American exchange start-ups to go live this summer, offering margin accounts and shorting capabilities.  And more importantly, as stated in Fincen's reports, virtual currencies are still being defined and classified properly.  And this has much more to do with online gambling being legalized in the States than anything else--not btc-e being a black market or whatever.
User_513

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:09:50 PM

I won't trade on a regulated exchange.

All the tools necessary to operate outside of any government's reach are already out there.

This is why crypto's are the future.
True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:59:34 PM

Bitinstant to mtgox , mtgox to btc-e? Well that's how I did it

Are you talking about fiat or BTC? If there is a way to transfer fiat from gox to BTC-e I would love to know about it. (I am still a relative noob at all this)

zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:39:36 PM

You imply gox was not compliant to regulations. But it Likely was compliant. So the issue is unknown at this time so hard to extrapolate.

MtGox said they didn't do money services.
They do money services.
Oops.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:34:19 AM

You are wrong, google authenticator is a OTP (2FA) app that you install on your phone, 99% of the people trust it for their gmail account, but you can add aditional websites, google don't even know what websites you put on in. it's safe as long as you got no malware on your phone, if it was unsecure it will be a huge backlash for google. Notice how even btc-e advised that you use gmail with OTP...  that's google authenticator, it's different than linking your account in some webpage to the google login.

You install the app in your phone, it links with your g00gle account. I'm not saying it's "insecure" I'm simply saying that you are linking your phone, and your google account to any website each time you want to log in. The key generated is pinged by the website to get the key to enter.
Why do I must have a g00gle account anyway? Check "Cryptonit": without g00gle auth, (and without you giving information to google), you can't withdraw your coins.

Let them control your life, luckily I read the "terms of service".

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:54:11 AM

Now that Liberty Reserve is going to be prosecuted I think the OP question is now more relevant then ever.

Users who think that just because the company isn't in the United States doesn't mean the United States can't get you. They can, and they will. They got these guys and none of them were in the US, nor was the company in the US. If BTC-E is indeed operating without any licenses or outside of any regulations (they could be above board, but who knows) Users of BTC-E are being silly if they think that they are safe from the US government.

The lesson should be that they can get you anywhere. And they will.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: