Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you set fans on the cards to avoid overheating?  (Read 404 times)
traylorjonathan (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:38:48 PM

I'm trying to set up the fans on the cards so they won't overheat. How do I do that?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:49:03 PM

*What* cards?
If GPU cards - wrong section. You posted in the bitcoin area and should be in the altcoin area.
If ASIC-based miner cards for bitcoin - what kind?
No matter which it is considering there are bajillions of variations ya really need to at least give a make & model number...  Roll Eyes

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
traylorjonathan (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:53:46 PM

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 470 OC.
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:58:23 PM

GPU, wrong section...  Roll Eyes  this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383627.0

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 785

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:27:03 AM

I'm currently mining with the Nicehash miner, using 2x R7 260x OC.
I'm using MSI Afterburner to OC my cards and change any settings in power and so on.I have auto-fan configuration disabled and set to 100%. Saw an increase of 4-5C.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
panda2k_Storm

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:41:14 AM

Use MSI Afterburner for fan control. Also you can setup some box fans or tower fans to get more ventilation into your mining rigs. Also placing them somewhere cool like your basement if you have one will help.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:28:24 AM

You need to keep good airflow around the cards. The more airflow, the better. I place a box fan directly in front of the cards so that it pushes the hot air from the the rig away from the cards and also blows air through the cards. This lowers the temps so you don't need to run the fans on the card too high. If you have 1-2 rigs that may be enough depending on the size of the room and if you have good ventilation. Any more than that, you likely need to look for a way to exhaust the hot air away so that it can be replaced with cooler air and you're not just circulating the same hot air around the cards. Angry Chicken on Youtube posted a video with a creative solution he's going to try using a well ventilated box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-ryc4Wx14

car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:47:21 AM

You need to keep good airflow around the cards. The more airflow, the better. I place a box fan directly in front of the cards so that it pushes the hot air from the the rig away from the cards and also blows air through the cards. This lowers the temps so you don't need to run the fans on the card too high. If you have 1-2 rigs that may be enough depending on the size of the room and if you have good ventilation. Any more than that, you likely need to look for a way to exhaust the hot air away so that it can be replaced with cooler air and you're not just circulating the same hot air around the cards. Angry Chicken on Youtube posted a video with a creative solution he's going to try using a well ventilated box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-ryc4Wx14

yes, the most important thing is cool and fresh air.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: