Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The basics of XRP and Ripple for those that are XRP-curious!  (Read 767 times)
Hodor7777 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:08:16 PM

This is my latest blog entry - hope you like it and please feel free to leave feedback:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/what-sets-xrp-apart-from-the-competition/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/894590426518355969

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Affilate User

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:13:26 PM

The coins have not moved yet, I'm sure now it's their turn to move the coins, it's been a long time since the riple hit the price 14k sat, after that there was a drastic decline, I harp can move as soon as possible
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

The coins have not moved yet, I'm sure now it's their turn to move the coins, it's been a long time since the riple hit the price 14k sat, after that there was a drastic decline, I harp can move as soon as possible

I don't think you'll have long to wait - 70+ hedge funds are jumping in soon.  All crypto is going to jump, not just XRP. 

But while those others will be based on purse speculation, remember that XRP has powerful use cases behind it!  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/xrp-the-power-of-focus/

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:54:47 PM

I don't think you'll have long to wait - 70+ hedge funds are jumping in soon.  All crypto is going to jump, not just XRP. 

But while those others will be based on purse speculation, remember that XRP has powerful use cases behind it!  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/xrp-the-power-of-focus/
nice blog and it will help newbies to understand and get some hint if they will invest or wait for more movements, your blog will
be another basis to understand how this coin will bring gains after the success.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:04:37 PM

Yes, nice blog. A lot of people misunderstand Ripple, and this will help to address that. I'd add something about the fact that XRP has no counterparty risk on the ledger, as this helps to answer the people who say "banks will use the ledger but not XRP". Also a minor typo just before link 21 (mircopayments). Great blog though, and this is another place I can point people as an educational resource.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 08:48:44 PM

Yes, nice blog. A lot of people misunderstand Ripple, and this will help to address that. I'd add something about the fact that XRP has no counterparty risk on the ledger, as this helps to answer the people who say "banks will use the ledger but not XRP". Also a minor typo just before link 21 (mircopayments). Great blog though, and this is another place I can point people as an educational resource.

Thanks for the correction & encouragement!  Much appreciated.   Smiley

Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:16:48 PM

Great post! Have been reading and enjoying your blog posts.  Grin

Long XRP
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 12:13:53 AM

Great post! Have been reading and enjoying your blog posts.  Grin

Long XRP

Thank you!

turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:27:15 AM

didn't read, problem with Ripple is it's not good for speculation. already very high market cap + shitload of coins=there are way better opportunities both short and long term

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:11:18 AM

didn't read, problem with Ripple is it's not good for speculation. already very high market cap + shitload of coins=there are way better opportunities both short and long term

It was actually a well done document, so thank you OP!  The author doesn't make any statements about the future of XRP but rather talks about the tech and how it's different from other blockchain solutions.  I see a strong future in XRP but I don't think it's one where we'll see 3000% returns.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:34:51 AM

Yes to high current marketcap, yes to better short-term and day trading opportunities with other coins. Number of coins is irrelevant though, as this is reflected in individual coin price.

Also I'd disagree that other coins have better long term prospects - if Ripple succeed in what they are aiming for it will utterly transform the international banking industry and make the current marketcap look very small indeed. To say that Ripple are very ambitious is an understatement, and to my mind they are also thoroughly professional and going about things in exactly the right way.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 12:46:29 PM

Also I'd disagree that other coins have better long term prospects - if Ripple succeed in what they are aiming for it will utterly transform the international banking industry and make the current marketcap look very small indeed. To say that Ripple are very ambitious is an understatement, and to my mind they are also thoroughly professional and going about things in exactly the right way.

This is just it - when it comes to "true long-term value" of use cases, I think XRP has all the others beat. 

If you look at the performance metrics for yourself and think about the market adoption success that Ripple (the company) has had with banks lately, it's a no-brainer for a  "safe" long-term bet in any crypto portfolio.

The same thing is true with any portfolio - go ahead and seek out the risky stuff for short-term bets if that's your game, but always have an exit strategy in mind, and a place to "put" your winnings for the long-term. 

That's XRP

Bramen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

Good brief overview.

You mention "asset" and "escrow" in the article, and that several global banks are involved. Does this imply there is a potential for XRP to become a (central bank) reserve currency and store of value, to complement or even replace USD, EUR, CHF, etc.? Is there potential for XRP to replace SDR (Special Drawing Rights)?

If the answer is "maybe" to either of those questions, I may need to increase my position as that would mean trillions of dollars worth of potential use.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:19:36 PM

Good brief overview.

You mention "asset" and "escrow" in the article, and that several global banks are involved. Does this imply there is a potential for XRP to become a (central bank) reserve currency and store of value, to complement or even replace USD, EUR, CHF, etc.? Is there potential for XRP to replace SDR (Special Drawing Rights)?

If the answer is "maybe" to either of those questions, I may need to increase my position as that would mean trillions of dollars worth of potential use.

Ripple has done POCs with Central Banks.  And the feedback was very positive... if you're looking to learn more prior to increasing a position:

https://www.coindesk.com/uk-central-bank-tests-ripples-interledger-protocol-cross-border-payments/

https://ripple.com/insights/why-central-banks-should-use-distributed-ledger-technology/

http://www.afr.com/business/banking-and-finance/financial-services/imf-urges-central-banks-to-study-digital-currencies-20170619-gwtydo

California842

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:22:40 PM

Very interesting analysis as always, Hodor.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:55:25 PM

Very interesting analysis as always, Hodor.

Thank you!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: