Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:49:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Coins  (Read 991 times)
palm12341 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:32:29 PM

Just an email I got a few minutes ago
Amazon Coins
Amazon Coins--U.S. Kindle Fire customers receive 500 free Coins!
On Monday, we launched Amazon Coins, a virtual currency to purchase apps, games, and in-app items in our store and on Kindle Fire. To celebrate the launch, existing and new Kindle Fire U.S. customers get 500 coins for free--a $5 value--and the coins are deposited directly into their Amazon accounts. For customers, Amazon Coins is an easy way to purchase apps and in-app items on Kindle Fire, and for you, it's another opportunity to drive traffic, downloads and increased monetization. With discounts of up to 10% for purchasing coins in bulk, it's also an opportunity for customers to save money on their app and game purchases.

You will earn your standard 70% revenue share when customers make purchases using Amazon Coins. No Amazon Coins-specific changes are required for developers with apps and games currently on Amazon.

Amazon Mobile Ads API Update
The Amazon Mobile Ads API just got better. The API now includes the Auto Ad Size feature, which automatically selects the appropriate ad size based on the user's device and your app's ad layout. The Auto Ad Size feature not only helps you reduce integration and testing time for each of your apps, but it also provides a better user experience. You can take advantage of the Auto Ad Size feature by downloading the new API, then integrating it into your app and finally submitting your app to Amazon and other Android stores where your app is available.

Tips: Best Practices to Fly Through Testing
There's nothing worse than building an app that you're proud of, submitting it and then finding it failed testing because of something simple that could easily have been avoided. To help make sure your app has the best chance of passing we have collected a few of the more common issues that we see to give you a head start on the process. Check out the tips and learn more here.

AngelHack
Amazon is sponsoring four upcoming AngelHack hackathons in Seattle, New York, Austin, and Silicon Valley. Hackathons are great places to not only meet new people and learn about development tools, but also a great place to come up with great ideas, meet entrepreneurs and potentially get funded. Assemble a team at the event and create a Kindle Fire app from scratch in 24 hours, then send it to us and we'll market it for you. Interested in attending? Sign up here and use promotional code "KINDLEFIREVIP" for 50% off the ticket price. The team with the best Kindle Fire app at the event will earn a Kindle Fire tablet for each member of the team, along with $1000 in Amazon Web Services credit to keep their hack going after the weekend.

Amazon Mobile App Distribution Blog
Have you visited our blog recently? Here are some posts you may have missed:

Amazon Mobile Ads API in 5 Minutes
    Getting Started with A/B Testing
    Connecting Kindle Fire to Reality with App-Enabled Accessories

Stay connected via our Distribution Blog, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Best regards,

Amazon Mobile App Distribution Team

I find it funny they would use the word coins, I guess Amazon wants its own altcoin, be it a cryptocurrency or another name for a gift card
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:33:56 PM

I imagine in the anarcho-capitalist future that is to come, every big corporation will have its own currency. Instead of nation-states, we'll have global corporations with their own currencies, competing with "neutral" ones such as bitcoin, litecoin, mincoin ...
ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:35:42 PM

am I wrong or there is no connection to bitcoin?? It looks to me that Amazon just created new "dept currency" as can be seen in games like Diablo, etc. You cant mine it, print it, use it outside Amazon.

Anything i missed?
palm12341 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:37:37 PM

am I wrong or there is no connection to bitcoin?? It looks to me that Amazon just created new "dept currency" as can be seen in games like Diablo, etc. You cant mine it, print it, use it outside Amazon.

Anything i missed?

That's right, I think its just like a gift card
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:39:51 PM

I told them to keep their free coins I will wait until they start using bitcoins.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
R_Lem

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:43:20 PM

I told them to keep their free coins I will wait until they start using bitcoins.  Wink

Grin
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:44:10 PM

Doubtful.  Nation states, particularly large and trustworthy ones, will always have an edge over corporations for issuing currency.

Generally, the larger and more trusted an entity the higher the value of its currency.  How much they print is largely irrelevant since it would be almost immediately and proportionally dilutive.

Every dollar, dime, and red cent the Federal Reserve has printed is already priced into the dollar.  And the dollar is strengthening - Gold, on example, has been in freefall

BTC is irrelevant at the moment.  Some penny stocks have a higher total capitalization.  Could become relevant at 100B+ capitalization but right now it is a toy subject to wild pricing swings
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: