Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:45:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is a bitcoin shopping cart realistic?  (Read 227 times)
ferbe (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

I plan to offer an electrum bitcoin payment address to an online shopping cart for services rendered. Roughly once a week forward the coin in the wallet to an exchange and cash out.  I am not so much interested in playing the high/low market strategies for bitcoin, mainly collecting payments and cashing out. 

What is the best way to do this?  Should I do it daily, weekly, monthly? is there a preferred exchange for businesses?  Are there any other considerations? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:15:22 PM

coinbase and bitpay already offer shopping cart services for merchants

where they can automate swapping the btc for fiat as soon as people pat btc, or you can set it to keep all or a % as btc,

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:52:22 PM

In addition to what has been mentioned above, you have CoinGate and CoinsBank as well.

Note that using a payment processor will mean paying fees for each transaction you receive. If you don't want to do that, you could setup BTCPayServer but you'll receive everything in BTC and you'll have to exchange yourself.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 07:05:38 PM

In addition to what has been mentioned above, you have CoinGate and CoinsBank as well.
I am familiar with coinpayments. Isn't it same like the aboves mentioned already?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:13:28 PM

I plan to offer an electrum bitcoin payment address to an online shopping cart for services rendered. Roughly once a week forward the coin in the wallet to an exchange and cash out.  I am not so much interested in playing the high/low market strategies for bitcoin, mainly collecting payments and cashing out. 

What is the best way to do this?  Should I do it daily, weekly, monthly? is there a preferred exchange for businesses?  Are there any other considerations? 

It is obvious that Bitcoin is being used by manipulators and big people who knows what they are doing to gain a lot of money from it.
niotib

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:55:12 PM

I suggest you to try doing it since the effort teaches you something. If you'll be successful, my best congratulations on your success! If you'll be failed, PM me... I'll tell you the reason behind the failure.

My two cents with 2 Yrs of experience!

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 06:13:46 PM

Bitpay is one name I can suggest! They are time tested and proven their abilities. Their integration layer is being used by more than 10,000 merchants as reported by Coindesk. However, if you really want to stay safe from the price fluctuation, I recommend you to cash out daily if you have high volume. But if your store volume is low, you can also do it weekly. But I won't suggest you to go for monthly option because then you will be exposed in the risk of price fluctuation.

Also if you use their service, you won't have to look for any exchanges because bitpay takes care of that as well. They will just charge 1% from the total amount and send the rest of the amount to your bank account. A complete solution!

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:31:06 PM

I am familiar with coinpayments. Isn't it same like the aboves mentioned already?

It's a similar service yes. OP wants to accept Bitcoin payments though and CoinPayments is mostly targeted for those who want most of the alts.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:49:49 PM

I think you might be underestimating the amount of issues involved in payment processing if you're planning on integrating conversions to regular currencies like USD/EUR ect.
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:54:51 PM

where they can automate swapping the btc for fiat as soon as people pat btc, or you can set it to keep all or a % as btc,

Take this approach, the framework is already in place for you and given that you said yourself you're not interested in playing the highs and lows of BTC this will remove all risk that that presents to your business.

shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:10:19 AM

There are a lot of projects offering this bitcoin shopping cart. Its realistic since one of the alts are already doing it.

Check out this site: https://megaxstore.com/blogs/news/electroneum-now-accepted-at-megaxstore

Check this directory of businesses which accepts ETN too : https://electroneum101.com/spend-electroneum/
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:36:53 AM

no idea about electrum, but Coinbase and Bitpay services are trustworthy already.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:46:26 PM

There are a lot of projects offering this bitcoin shopping cart. Its realistic since one of the alts are already doing it.

Check out this site: https://megaxstore.com/blogs/news/electroneum-now-accepted-at-megaxstore

Check this directory of businesses which accepts ETN too : https://electroneum101.com/spend-electroneum/
We can truly see that there are many project that provide or support bitcoin shopping cart. Even there are some altcoin that already use in shopping cart some online market and companies still prefer to use bitcoin than altcoin. Do you think it is possible that in the future cryptocurrencies will be the mode of paymeny in all kind of store.
ferbe (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:29:17 PM

Thanks for the replies. Does coinpayments or bitpay do chargebacks or is that not possible?  I freelance write and customers have a nasty habit of having me write for them then generating a chargeback so i worked for nothing.  Another reason I kind of liked the bitcoin idea. 

So aside from market fluxuations and fees, what are the pros/cons of using a bitcoin processor like coinpayments vs just transfering money from my wallet to whereever? I like the idea of being able to choose where the bitcoin goes (eg. btc ATM or exchange1 or exchange2...etc).

Also, I know its not possible to be "anonymous", but what exchange offers the best privacy from public domain?  I had a papyal customer somehow get my phone number and address and they sent me a text asking if they could come to my house and discuss project. wtf? Maybe I am wrong for thinking this, but I feel like nobody should be able to get my personal info unless they have a court order or something.  But hey, this is 2019.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:31:25 PM

Just make sure that your choice is suitable with your current business.
Currently I'm not interest to change any kind of cart except something force me to change.

Welcome 2019, something new will begin
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 03:27:25 PM

It's a similar service yes. OP wants to accept Bitcoin payments though and CoinPayments is mostly targeted for those who want most of the alts.
I did not have this in mind.

no idea about electrum, but Coinbase and Bitpay services are trustworthy already.
Electrum is a wallet software not a payment processor. A payment processor is a third party who act as a middleman and receive your transactions. Think about Paypal although it's a fiat based payment processor.

Thanks for the replies. Does coinpayments or bitpay do chargebacks or is that not possible? 
Not sure if they have but since they are handling your bitcoin, they may look after the customer satisfaction. They may freeze the account if they see any suspicious activities.

I freelance write and customers have a nasty habit of having me write for them then generating a chargeback so i worked for nothing.  Another reason I kind of liked the bitcoin idea.
Why don't you give them your own wallet address instead of any of the above or any exchange. Those payment processors and exchanges do charge a lot for every transaction even when you want to withdraw the money too.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ferbe (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:42:08 PM

Why don't you give them your own wallet address instead of any of the above or any exchange. Those payment processors and exchanges do charge a lot for every transaction even when you want to withdraw the money too.

I do have a wallet, and that is what I want to give. What I am trying to determine is the easiest, safest, cheapest, and most private means of cashing out (in that order of importance) on a routine basis.  

maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:00:11 PM

yup right, both of these platforms are very suitable for traders who want to add crypto payment methods, will automatically redeem to fiat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: