Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need ~1 BTC  (Read 457 times)
LGBlockOps (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:34:24 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 01:01:29 AM by LGBlockOps

Hello,

New to the Bitcoin Talk Forum (yes, this is my very first post).

I am looking to buy ~1 BTC total over the next day or two and can send PayPal* USD. I am obviously willing to send first to a reputable forum member that I can fully verify, but would prefer a low-cost escrow if at all possible.

EDIT: Also willing/able to fully verify my identity and legitimacy; will do whatever I need to do to make you comfortable with the transaction, within reason.

*EDIT EDIT: Also willing to send on Square Cash or Google Wallet to a sufficiently reputable BTC holder.

Thanks,
Tim

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:43:24 AM

1 BTC and paying with PayPal and this is your very first post. I doubt very much  it will happen.

PayPal is notoriously reversible and a very high risk payment method. Even established members here struggle to buy far less than 1 BTC.

Verifying identity and legitimacy hardly helps as there are scammers here who do the same thing for a mere few cents.

Escrows will rarely or not accept transactions if they detect a high risk of a payment recall or reversal.

Chargeback privileges end after 180 days and only then will one feel a perceived sense of safety in sending bitcoins.

LGBlockOps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:52:10 AM

1 BTC and paying with PayPal and this is your very first post. I doubt very much  it will happen.

PayPal is notoriously reversible and a very high risk payment method. Even established members here struggle to buy far less than 1 BTC.

Verifying identity and legitimacy hardly helps as there are scammers here who do the same thing for a mere few cents.

Escrows will rarely or not accept transactions if they detect a high risk of a payment recall or reversal.

Chargeback privileges end after 180 days and only then will one feel a perceived sense of safety in sending bitcoins.

Okay. Willing to USD wire/Square Cash/Google Wallet, too, as long as it moves quickly (I need the BTC by the end of the day Wednesday and I'm US Central time). I realize that it's my reputation that needs building, not that of others. As long as they've built a reputation I will put my neck on the line.

Edit: I'm also a law student and able/willing to send an email from my student email account to verify that way. Whatever works, willing to go the distance.
abhinav_thakur01

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:55:14 PM

If you need it so hard then you can pay through perfectmoney or always feel free to try exchanges out there . Let me know if you have got perfectmoney and the rate you want to buy at.
menikmati

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:55:42 PM

FWIW ... https://localbitcoins.com/ don't bother with some dickheads from this forum. If you need it quick and willing to do verifications, just use localbitcoins there is someone willing to sell you 1 btc Im pretty sure

There you go > https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins/?action=buy&country_code=US&amount=3500&currency=USD&place_country=US&online_provider=ALL_ONLINE&find-offers=Search

Bunch of people, it has built in escrow etc
LGBlockOps (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:02:12 PM

FWIW ... https://localbitcoins.com/ don't bother with some dickheads from this forum. If you need it quick and willing to do verifications, just use localbitcoins there is someone willing to sell you 1 btc Im pretty sure

There you go > https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins/?action=buy&country_code=US&amount=3500&currency=USD&place_country=US&online_provider=ALL_ONLINE&find-offers=Search

Bunch of people, it has built in escrow etc

Thanks. I've definitely seen some weirdos come out of the woodwork. Managed to get this exchange taken care of, thanks all.

Closed.
deejayq

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:06:13 AM

Please edit your first post and add a [closed] in front of your topic.
WY1989

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:46:31 AM

Hi,I accept OKPay and wire transfer.Also can suggest some websites with low price and low rate for you.
Pls contact me if you need:Skype/Email:crystal@epay.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: