Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:16:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone explain NEM to me (here for the airdrop, it's BS right?)  (Read 557 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:04:14 AM

I mean i was here for the 'airdrop' and it was just a bunch of whiny folks complaining about how the NXT distribution wasn't fair. I opted out of the 'air drop' so maybe I'm a touch bitter but honestly I still don't get it. Is it that this is just a really cheap coin (simply because there are a billion of them?) So folks think there's a huge upside. Nothing in the cryptospace worries me (like its a huge stupid bubble) like the NEM valuation.

It was a shitty clone where they gave away millions of coins for nothing. (like everyone missing out on bitcoin and saying hey lets clone it and call it something else) I simply don't get it. My instincts tell me that based on the beginnings, this thing should be basically worthless or have the worst crash ever seen in the history of cryptos and yet that isn't happening... yet.  

The strangest thing is that if memory serves, NXT is the original coin right?! NEM (and NAS) and who knows how many others were just basically silly copies. So the shitty clone coin that nobody paid for is now worth 20 times the coin it copied?!
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:19:22 AM

Speaking of such things, since we are going back in history. DrEvil found a double spend attack on NXT which was fixed in that protocol, was it also fixed in NEM? (he was paid 10 bitcoins) why would the devs of NXT release that bug to the folks that copied their code?
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:50:15 AM

Not so surprisingly, NEM has gone quite high with bitcoin going up, all other alts are going down but Nem is the one holding its own there.
Not sure about the backend, but it definitely is a reliable investment option. For Alt trading I mean.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:08:06 PM

I mean i was here for the 'airdrop' and it was just a bunch of whiny folks complaining about how the NXT distribution wasn't fair. I opted out of the 'air drop' so maybe I'm a touch bitter but honestly I still don't get it. Is it that this is just a really cheap coin (simply because there are a billion of them?) So folks think there's a huge upside. Nothing in the cryptospace worries me (like its a huge stupid bubble) like the NEM valuation.

It was a shitty clone where they gave away millions of coins for nothing. (like everyone missing out on bitcoin and saying hey lets clone it and call it something else) I simply don't get it. My instincts tell me that based on the beginnings, this thing should be basically worthless or have the worst crash ever seen in the history of cryptos and yet that isn't happening... yet.  

The strangest thing is that if memory serves, NXT is the original coin right?! NEM (and NAS) and who knows how many others were just basically silly copies. So the shitty clone coin that nobody paid for is now worth 20 times the coin it copied?!

You seem to bee uninformed of the situation.
The intention was to make a clone of NXT and to use the NXT code base but that was rejected and
the platform was coded from scratch so the code base has not anything to do with NXT except it all started in NXT thread.

for more info about NEM please visit the official forum: https://forum.nem.io

cointabo

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:14:52 PM

NEM is not NXT clone, it was written from scratch. And the new version Catapult is re-written from scratch in C++.
Asians seem to be very bullish and like XEM alot.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:59:26 PM

NEM is not NXT clone, it was written from scratch. And the new version Catapult is re-written from scratch in C++.
Asians seem to be very bullish and like XEM alot.

I had never really looked into NEM but few days ago i was looking at different asst platforms how many coins they host and NEM had listed only one ( I am sure coinmarketcap list is not complete) It is called  Ecobit. How can an asset platform with one coin on it be so potential?   And with so much competition and with new platforms raising monthly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: