Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinvisitor - coinvisitor.com - current site and development and shut down  (Read 2077 times)
CoinVisitor (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:33:20 PM

Hello,

First I would like to apologize for the issues at coinvisitor. We have taken a great deal of pride in our ability to
provide what us and many have considered a great service to the bitcoin community.

We have closed the site for now due to development and site issues. I personally am not a programmer by any means and have
little to no access to the files and such to try to repair. so unless the developer comes back on and we can get things taken
care of we will be down.

I will have this and other statements done in multiple parts for the different levels of coinvisitor supporters. We have some
very very dedicated users of the site and are vital people in our little slice of the bitcoin community and we have had a very
open door policy at coinvisitor for them and all users of the site and will go into more details for them after this lesser
of a statement for just the general users who use us more as a faucet for free coins than a community.

Bottom line for general users your balances are safe, we always pay our users and always will without fail.
I am beginning to set up the process for those who want payout immediately. This will have to be done manually from personal wallet
for now until I have a better data collection method in place to speed up the process.

Anyone who needs payment right away can email me at info@coinvisitor.com and include wallet address associated with account and I will
manually issue the payments to them from personal wallet since site client and wallet are not accessable by me right now.

This will not be instant and will check back every moment I can to log the information, verify the amounts and kick out a payment. I will not
be able to issue a block payment so the fees are going to be killer for a little while but it is what is needed to do this then we will do it.

As far as the site goes I would like to open a faucet to continue the give backs to the community as intended with the site and have participation
on a voluntary level for site support.

I do not have that set up yet but will have that beginning as well as well as the payout process.

So do not count us out of the game yet, keep checking with us as things can change in a heartbeat as options come up and for a traffic driven and
based site it will at least let us keep some of our rank we worked for without losing to much ground there to.

Any questions or comments once again you can email us at info@coinvisitor.com and also for those in need of immediate payout can begin the process
as well with that email.

Thanks again to all and without a doubt we are not finshed and will bounce back as always bigger and stronger than before.

More statements to follow on progress, outlook and continue the open door policy we have on the site below.

Kev

Coinsvisitor.com

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinVisitor (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:51:15 PM

Reasons for shut down and where we are headed........

I decided to shut it down because more than enough time has passed that we cannot wait for things to just fall into place as they were
and even if we get the site back up the current way to manage it is 100% unacceptable in terms of function maintenance.

We have been a 2 man team on this site since the start with a lot of help from our users. Life has a strange way to always throw a curveball and
due to things in both our lives we needed help. I started working a job that was 72 hours a week mostly to help fund the site due to
the extreme growth so fast. My current ways to support family and home did not allow me the time to manage the site, learn bitcoin,
and have the amount of funds needed to support the site so shut down current business and went to work for someone else.

And goddog the developer also has a family and home to support with a farm he runs and some issues as well that did not allow the time we had at the start so we decided to look for a back up developer to meet the needs the site.

We had several very good candidates but in the end things just did not work out for various reasons and we were still looking for an alternative back up.

Goddog did an update before he had to leave for brothers wedding in another country and it took longer than expected so we got things back online and were not able to do the usual 24 hour test of things we do overall and he had to go or would have missed the plane.

Things went well at first then issues with client started, it kept kicking out and was not staying up. We kept manually restarting it as we could but with him with his family time was not there for a true fix. Things kept getting worse to the point we could no longer add sites, payments were not being made out on time, the admin panel I use is not letting me edit pages or add or edit anything overall that I need to.

I do not know what is going on and I am sure there is a huge reason he has been unavailable but it only brings it more to light we cannot offer a service and keep our responsibilities with current things in place and complete restructure has to be done before I could feel comfortable enough to say yes we can do as we say we will to both the visitors and the advertisers.

So here we are with a few things to sort out and begin the process of building a even better way to serve the community.

More to follow........

CoinVisitor (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:20:22 PM

Thanks coinguy,

That is a driving force here. We have been a introductory to bitcoin for many many users and loved to be there to help. It should not take long to get another earning way up and running to keep it going until we reconstruct the site and new features.

bitcoinget

Activity: 608
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 07:45:44 PM

We, at BitcoinGet, fully respect the commitment you guys have made to the Bitcoin community, especially to those starting out. Wish you the best of luck in the future!

Earn Bitcoin by Completing Tasks: http://www.bitcoinget.com
Earn Bitcoin Cashback at 300+ Stores: http://www.coinrebates.com
CoinVisitor (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:18:17 PM

Thanks Bitcoinget,

We will continue to work to serve the community as we have and rebuild it. The good thing about it is we should end up a lot more features and functions for the users to benefit from by the temp. features we put in to continue the earnings and the final replacement of the main site.

This is a classic example of what I tell people about bitcoin is there is not so much competition as it is backing up the other sites with yet another way for users to earn.

Good to have your support, your much like a brother/sister site to the community. Eventually we may have enough ways in place for people to really benefit from them and the earning potential be very decent compared to it is now.

People run out of ways to earn way before the desire to earn does and each time a site steps in it makes us all able to keep them in the community.

Good luck to you as well and see you in the community

Kev

fraenk

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

living in forward thinking

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 10:43:03 AM

Hi,

i notice CV is offline on all URLs (AGAIN), even the chat has been inaccessible, any news here?

LIFT loves you!
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:46:44 PM

When I last used the site yesterday it was VERY laggy and unresponsive. Almost felt like the site was being ddosed. Maybe that's why it went down.

iTrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 06:22:08 PM

Yeah, site was seeming slow yesterday then today it's down? Sad
Anyone heard from Kev?
howeth

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:49:21 AM

Yeah, site was seeming slow yesterday then today it's down? Sad
Anyone heard from Kev?

He posted about it in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238345 (in case you didn't see it)

Donations! HoWethzt6NhZkxd4SRMKPFC6n3NsK7hZd
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:18:27 PM

We have taken a great deal of pride in our ability to provide what us and many have considered a great service to the bitcoin community.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you operated a spammy interstitial page hijack type of "service" which paid something to the tune of 0.01 BTC to the publishers idiots installing your malware on their sites, mismanaged the entire thing and collapsed under debts about a degree of magnitude larger arising from what'd mostly be a fraudulent sale by a previous owner.

Now, you were saying about your pride and great service?

in our little slice of the bitcoin community

Perhaps that slice should be forever remembered as the coinvisitor slice. I'm running out of derogatory superlatives anyway.

So do not count us out of the game yet

We weren't counting you IN the game yet, so no worries.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
CoinVisitor (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:37:57 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 03:19:31 PM by CoinVisitor

Let us correct you MPOE-PR since you are wrong as you requested.

Your statement: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you operated a spammy interstitial page hijack type of "service" which paid something to the tune of 0.01 BTC to the publishers idiots installing your malware on their sites

Correction: nothing was ever installed on a single page or other site and we never paid any publisher for installing anything and honestly where did you get the .01 number from that we paid?  Exact references to your source please or you already look like you have no clue about what you are talking about.

Your second statement:  mismanaged the entire thing and collapsed under debts about a degree of magnitude larger arising from what'd mostly be a fraudulent sale by a previous owner.

Mismanaged? To a degree to remain honest yes it was not managed well due to developer issues. The customer service side of things far from it. We answer every email individually, we take care of each issue individually, we have both service and financially supported beginner sites 100% out of pocket and will continue to do so. We have offered server use, free advertising, advice to sites that otherwise would have struggled more and expected nothing in return even though usually the support and links to our site because of the trust and appreciation to our site could be considered a payment of sorts but none was requested and done on the sole discretion of the site owners.

Collapse under debts? once again where do you get your information? Please site your sources or once again prove you have no idea of facts and are just talking out your ass. Name one person we owe other than the visitors and I guarantee there is 10 times the amount needed to do that in reserve and that is a fact.

Fraudulent sale by previous owner? Are you high? I have been the owner in partnership with the original developer since the start and never once has it changed hands. Once again where are you pulling this information from? Guaranteed you cannot answer a reliable source because it is not true.

And as far as the pride in great service, the emails, reviews and positive statements speak for themselves. In this thread alone there are a few alone and look at our reviews by others who actually know us and what is going on.

We have pretty much a 100% open door policy of all issues we have had without hiding a thing so seriously where you get your information from you better consider your sources as reliable as the truth in your statements which is NONE other than management sucked as far as mechanics of the site.

And the we weren't counting you in the game yet?

For a site that finds value in things compare our site worth to yours on any website calculator and see we are more than double and close to triple and these are figured by outside sources that we have no control over. So I do not give a hoot about how you feel about us being in the game, the public has spoken and so have we. We may struggle along the way but in the end we will see, this is just the beginning and we must be doing something right.

If you spent more time researching your sources before trying to come at us for whatever reason you see fit and try to slander us with outright lies or misinformation you might get the respect and support we get as a whole. We are 100% not for profit since day 1 and you are 100% for profit, our profit can come later with new developments but coinvisitor is a not for profit site more than 100% as it stands and has been since day 1. Every single coin gotten and more has been returned to the users and we will continue to contribute more than take. Every time someone makes money someone is losing money so compare our services to the community as a whole to yours.

We have been a welcome to bitcoin site where people get their first coins and learn how the system works. It is not the amount they get that is key it is they are learning how to use bitcoin from us. Through our chatroom we help hundreds if not thousands of new users get a feel for bitcoin in a open and secure environment, get them the first coins and teach them how to transfer and use them. There is more value than a instant bottom line which you may not fully understand.

Also all you have to do is look at peoples views on your business as a whole and see the questionable nature of it. It is not us talking it is the community and I guarantee our percentages of support vs yours and the amount you are questioned and go on the defense with actual well thought out and good questions it is not even a fair comparison for you. Has anyone lost a single satoshi from us, the answer is no......... how about yours? How much have you given out of pocket to the community? How many websites have you helped sponsor?

In closing once again tell us where you got this information and site the sources as requested or you have to know yourself even how foolish you look posting something so far from being fact related it is comical because either your sources are bathroom walls, inside your head or not very reliable because I can back every single word I say, CAN YOU?

Kev

(coinvisitor.com)

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:45:06 PM

I wouldn't have bothered with this retarded bullshit but the idiot also pm'd me

Nice try on the post to come at us. Whatever your motivation you can clearly see how it backfired........

As a service to the community, I will take the time to point out two things to this retard:

1. You posting a longwinded, nonsensical whine does not "backfire" anything. Nobody else believes you; nobody else gives a shit about you. If they did, they'd have said something. No, socks are not the solution.

2. Are you these fuckwits? Are you these scammers?

You don't argue with me. Get lost.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
CoinVisitor (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:05:42 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 04:33:23 PM by CoinVisitor

Keep posting, your doing so well.......... and as stated not a single source cited because the whole post that this revolves around is a slander attempt that only shows the true nature.

And to answer your new questions you found the ONE negative statement about us that was cleared up 100% not by us but our users and proven to be also false.

And the sopa image was in protest and support of the sopa blackout while we did a little maintenance.

Once again prove anything we said wrong where we have proved all you said was untrue other than the maintenance issue I agree upon.

And yes I messaged you, you expect me to have my site slandered by 100% untrue things. Guess again, you know you posted untrue things in your post and I will in public call you a liar in the private messages one as well. 100% untrue with no ability to back them up makes you one, clear, plain and simple. Not negotiable ....... period.... or provide the sources which I promise you that you cannot.

Its that simple, so do not slander other sites with untrue statements. You are accountable for all you say as we are as well.

CoinVisitor (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:56:41 PM

Hate to keep this going but after wasting a little more time on this here is your nature...... And on behalf of the crypto community with your constant negative posts I give you a hardy piss off and karma will take of you in the end I am sure.

You talk down to people non stop when you are in no position to defend your own actions and constant, non stop negative posts is clear what you are about.

Glad to have met you and sure you have more hate and stuff to spread so I will not keep you any longer.

I leave you with this and show me how this does not describe you in all your posts over all.....

ar·ro·gance  [ar-uh-guhns] 
noun
offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.

YOUR POSTS ON THE FIRST PAGE I SEE FROM YOU......

Don't confuse the scammy gmaxwell fuckwit with "the mods" generally.

See here. Then go hunting for my post where I explain the value of "ideas".

PS. "Revolutionize" talk is a clear stigmata of idiocy. A little bit about yourself? Gtfo, srsly.

Lmao since their "Bitcoin Foundation" scam fell by the wayside Team Vessy is running out of coins.

All these "entrepreneurs" cut out of cardboard....

I thought strongcoin was a scam?

Aren't you the scammer stealing everyone's LTC with the comparatively much more retarded "buy clay ovens"? At least mining gear turns the heat into Bitcoin, which is closer to Bitcoin than etsy shit will ever get.

You are the poster child for "scammer trying to act like he's giving advice".

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Coindesk is a source now. Because they got twenty people in a pub in London together, which is the pinnacle of accomplishment, and because they're too fucking clueless to know that wasn't the first time twenty people got together in a pub in London. This is their claim to fame, and they get quoted now.

Wake up already, Bitcoin retardom.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: