Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:04:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why buy altcoins or invest into ICOS if 99.9% are scams?  (Read 1055 times)
dranster (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:21:58 PM

I dont understand why there are 10's of coins getting created everyday and so many freaking icos with just a whitepaper, anon team, fake ids, and that which doesnt require any tokens at all. In my view, most are just honeypots of your BTCs and will scam you out. Be careful pls
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

You still have 0.01% of chance to find a good one, and even if it is a scam still can be pumped and dumped.

Better than play lottery for example
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:26:37 PM

You still have 0.01% of chance to find a good one, and even if it is a scam still can be pumped and dumped.

Better than play lottery for example
I would really go to that spot compared on joining on lotteries and as you said you do have still chance to hit the right project and would really possibly give you decent profits later on thats why we should really be aware and be careful on jumping into ICO and do plan to put money on it because we wont really know if it would be a success or a failure. This is always the risk and most people do really know about that and this thing really makes me think that almost everyday theres a new ICO unlike on the past which we do only have a few.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:30:54 PM

will having trouble about it hahaha... not all ICOs is a scam bro... they are making tons of coins every month so that the market have alternative and choices in investment ... in other side ICOs are different in other ICOs in-terms of profitability and service they offer for the future...
jdkarma627

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:36:40 PM

Think about them as penny stocks = your 0.01%. Some of these got the ideas, great ideas just lacking the final product. It's a gamble that most are us are willing to take.
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

I dont understand why there are 10's of coins getting created everyday and so many freaking icos with just a whitepaper, anon team, fake ids, and that which doesnt require any tokens at all. In my view, most are just honeypots of your BTCs and will scam you out. Be careful pls

Initial coin offerings were not like this even on february 2017. Scammers seeing this sale structure as an opportunity started to conduct lots of ICO to exploit people having cryptocurrencies. Well, you also say "altcoins" on the topic, but never mixed promising altcoins with other ICO tokens.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:44:52 PM

Some takes chances so even if they know it will be a scam coin they will still buy and invest because at least they could say to themselves they tried to make profit out of that coin and sometimes right after the ICO the coins would pump and most of the traders will then sell those coins.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Igniteratings

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 01:59:45 PM

Not all ICOs are scams but I do agree a good % of ICOs would not get so much as an appointment with a VC let alone any funding. More transparency is needed for this market to be sustainable. We will always have penny stock ICOs and your high end quality ICOs, having real time non bias info on which are worth investing in is the key.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:15:17 PM

It is easy. If it looks, smells, and seems to good to be true - it probably is! Do your research. And then do more. There are some reallllyyy good projects out there. There are even more scammers though. Do not risk more than you are willing to lose (basic investing advice) and if you do decided to do a large position in an upcoming project, make sure you know where your targets are! I got pretty lucky with my ETH investment last year.. I do not expect to get that lucky again!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Damage_Dealer

Activity: 331
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:51:17 PM

I'd say it's really overwhelming to say that 99.9% of ICOs are scams. I would say more like 75%. The remaining 25% are actually good coins with a future. That being said, that future completely depens on the coin's functionality, and most of those 25% will give you great returns.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:53:07 PM

or you could join a free airdrop coin like deeponion. it's free so nothing to lose. click my sig to find out more about it
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:09:39 PM

Because some people still made money out of them. Even though it will go to scam at one point, there is a point where you can buy and sell and still make money out of it. Though this window is sometimes very small before the devs dump on you. It costs very little that you will not mind if it fails but very happy if it succeeds.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:49:18 PM

Because some people still made money out of them. Even though it will go to scam at one point, there is a point where you can buy and sell and still make money out of it. Though this window is sometimes very small before the devs dump on you. It costs very little that you will not mind if it fails but very happy if it succeeds.

I think OP is exaggerating.
If 99.9% of ICO/altcoins were scams then no one would ever buy them.
I think it is more like 80% are scams and 20% are legit.
Adbitco

Activity: 1470
Merit: 675

Act Smart and Play safe with Your fund

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:22:50 PM

I think OP is exaggerating.
If 99.9% of ICO/altcoins were scams then no one would ever buy them.
I think it is more like 80% are scams and 20% are legit.
That's absolutely an exaggeration. I think 75% of them might be scam but 25% are legit. There are some good altcoins not from trading perspective only but also because of the concept and the idea they have behind them.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Igniteratings

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 09:36:06 AM

I would say its like this with the ICOs.

10% True Scam = ICO had no intention to build anything just raise a pot of money.

60% Bad execution = team does not know what they are doing or just cant execute and gives up.

and

30% Solid investments = team has proven execution ability and project has real value, we see results right away and the team stays in communication during the entire ICO and especially after they got funding.

99.9% are NOT scams but the result of investing in a bad one is the same = you lost your money.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:18:04 AM

because at some point it became easy to start a new "thing" and make money out of it. that thing used to be a good cryptocurrency with some innovation (like the old altcoins) but when newbies who don't even know how to clone a project and what to change start creating "things" we are left with this market filled with crap!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:52:54 AM

And why do you think it is still working and billions of dollars are being raised under each project? There is a thing called as faith and that is what makes this system work. Altcoins and ICOs are big streamline projects which are invested with money and people are getting profits out of it. The presale and big advertising is done for some reason. There are hundreds of ICOs on this forum and almost everyone has paid for their promotions and also gotten tokens sold for best prices. I don't see any scam there or neither I have been victim if anything like that. It's safe.
electricretard

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:55:09 AM

Scams or not, there's a lot of money to be made in them. Alts are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Nowhere else could I ever make the returns I've made in alts
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:04:39 AM

It doesn't matter if they are scam or not you can still make money from them and  you don't need to wait years, take your profit if you think it is scam.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:10:13 AM

Why you have such a great percentage? For example not so long ago wo great projects have been released such as Bitquence and Insurex( deffinetly not the SCAMS). You just need to look for gold and not for mud Grin

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀