Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why buy altcoins or invest into ICOS if 99.9% are scams?  (Read 1055 times)
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:17:14 AM

i dont think it is right to call them scam... like other ICOs they have target to reach or investor to buy there coin when that target are not met or even the average of it... participant will not receive there payment... thats why they do bounty and lots of advertisement in other web. as i know they allotted around 20% to 30% of it to the participant ( well correct me if im wrong, im not that expert) in that way dev and founder invest on there project ... and many dev really trying the best to promote their project ... 

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:28:02 AM

You can buy altcoins that is now functional - etherim, wings, ripple, waves, nxt and others.

Anyway from 10 ICOS maybe half is good enough to hype your money x3-5, and 1-2 ICOS to invest you money and doing x10!
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:40:56 AM

Unfortunately at some point that thing called greed kicks in. When it does people see $$$$$ everywhere instead of doing proper due diligence. Thats human nature. Some people are going to learn a very hard lesson when these ICOs come crashing down. People need to learn to take a step back.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:07:26 PM

Why buy altcoins or invest into ICOS if 99.9% are scams?
Cause you are a greedy ass adventurer who can't see the obvious signs.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:20:50 PM

i think it was not a year ago that every new altcoin that was created had a pre-mine. they even premined majority of the total supply at some point! it was a terrible scene, everyone got dumped on as soon as they bought the coin because the developer was the only person holding all the coins! and he was only looking to dump.

now if you tell someone a coin has a premine they run the other way. of course in the middle of all this there are coins like Byteball that is distributing coins in a fair fashion and they are successful because it is real.

same is true these days about ICOs

Buying the dip...
Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:02:58 PM

I never believe all ICO projects are scam. There are some but not as big as this 99.9% scale. I did participate in some and you know what, I realized it's worth investing. The ICO isn't a perfect world. It's a risky world like any investment programs. The biggest edge of ICO is the use of cryptocurrency, which is a new idea we need to embrace. Cryptocurrency, particularly bitcoin and ethereum, is an interesting hot item to explore. These virtual currencies are well-protected by a blockchain technology, which means all our investments will remain safe round the clock. It's just a matter of having the confidence to continue the risk or be swallowed by doubt and paranoia.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: