Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Byteball a treat for your BTC privacy?  (Read 726 times)
neurotypical (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:11:14 PM

I was able yesterday to pick up some Byteball in the distribution period, but when I tried to add different bitcoin addresses, I couldn't. If I clicked here:

https://byteball.org/

where it says "Chat with the Transition Bot", after signing the first BTC address, if I tried to click there again to re-start the process and enter other addresses, I couldn't do it.

Do I really need to send my entire BTC wallet into a single BTC address? why? doesn't anyone else see how this is a big problem when it comes to privacy?
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:14:56 PM

You did something wrong, I guess. Because last month I had added a total of three Bitcoin addresses to the Byteball airdrop. It is quite simple, and you just need to sign a message with each of the wallets.
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:15:24 PM

You did something wrong, I guess. Because last month I had added a total of three Bitcoin addresses to the Byteball airdrop. It is quite simple, and you just need to sign a message with each of the wallets.

So what did I do wrong?

Can you explain step by step how to add several addresses? Because I tried to add another address, and it kept telling me to send all of my BTC on the address that I already entered..

Someone in Byteball should create a youtube video showcasing this stuff if they want people to bother.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:21:40 PM

I was able yesterday to pick up some Byteball in the distribution period, but when I tried to add different bitcoin addresses, I couldn't. If I clicked here:

where it says "Chat with the Transition Bot", after signing the first BTC address, if I tried to click there again to re-start the process and enter other addresses, I couldn't do it.

Do I really need to send my entire BTC wallet into a single BTC address? why? doesn't anyone else see how this is a big problem when it comes to privacy?
There is no point to title the thread as if ByteBall is trying to steal your BTC. If you are not comfortable with what they are saying, just stay away from the airdrop rather than causing panics. The ByteBall team have made name for themselves since the beginning of the airdrop to have been a model compared to others in all this. But at the same time, everyone does not need to believe in them outrightly.
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

There is no point to title the thread as if ByteBall is trying to steal your BTC. If you are not comfortable with what they are saying, just stay away from the airdrop rather than causing panics. The ByteBall team have made name for themselves since the beginning of the airdrop to have been a model compared to others in all this. But at the same time, everyone does not need to believe in them outrightly.

Read again. Im not saying ByteBall is trying to steal your money. I think ByteBall is awesome and some of the few coins that actually bring new value into the table and never seen before tech, all im questioning is the way the coins are spread to owners, because it requires you to link all of your BTC in a single BTC address, unless someone can explain me how to sign several different BTC addresses because I can't do it and I can only find tutorials where they do one address and they don't try to add additional different ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zTuzZNzEd0

So can anyone tell me how to sign and verify different addresses?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:01:21 PM

step 1: you start up the chat with that specific chatbot.
step 2: you give it your Byteball address which you want to receive the giveaway in
step 3: you give it your Bitcoin address which has a balance
step 4: you sign a message with your bitcoin address. message is your byteball address

here is a help to sign messages using bitcoin keys: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

want to link a new bitcoin address?
step 5: you give it your BTC address
step 6: you sign a message (similar to above)

want to link a new bitcoin address to a new byteball address?
step 5: you give it your new byteball address
step 6: you give it your BTC address
step 7: you sign a message (similar to above)

edit: it is a chat bot, and it is pretty clear. don't over think it. for example it clearly says something like "give me your bitcoin address now" and after you give it, it says "ahhh this is your bitcoin address, now send ... to ... OR sign ..... message with your key"

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
zzwensel11

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:59:04 PM

I think OP asks not so much if Byteball is a threat to your btc, but more about the privacy of your btc address and holdings.

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:10:35 PM

step 1: you start up the chat with that specific chatbot.
step 2: you give it your Byteball address which you want to receive the giveaway in
step 3: you give it your Bitcoin address which has a balance
step 4: you sign a message with your bitcoin address. message is your byteball address

here is a help to sign messages using bitcoin keys: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

want to link a new bitcoin address?
step 5: you give it your BTC address
step 6: you sign a message (similar to above)

want to link a new bitcoin address to a new byteball address?
step 5: you give it your new byteball address
step 6: you give it your BTC address
step 7: you sign a message (similar to above)

edit: it is a chat bot, and it is pretty clear. don't over think it. for example it clearly says something like "give me your bitcoin address now" and after you give it, it says "ahhh this is your bitcoin address, now send ... to ... OR sign ..... message with your key"

I see, so I need to do this step:

"step 5: you give it your new byteball address"

If I enter a new Byteball receiving address in the chat to the bot, it will ask me again to enter another BTC address, I enter it, verify it by signing it with the Byteball address, then he will tell me "you will receive X GB"

then I do it again and again after I get every single BTC address I own signed.

I will try later when im at home. But I have a question: How do I keep track of all the addresses I have verified? I mean yeah I can look at the chat history but its a bit of a mess.

They should create a tab that shows everything nicely tidied up in a list, with all the signed addresses, and also used Byteball receiving addresses like on BTC wallets, because in Byteball, when I generate a new receiving address, it supplants the previous address, so I don't know what were the previous ones. Let us have a list of receiving addresses so if we want to check something on the blockchain (I know Byteball has no blockchain but you know what I mean) then I can quickly find the address and check what I did with that address.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:00:32 AM

-snip-
I see, so I need to do this step:

"step 5: you give it your new byteball address"

If I enter a new Byteball receiving address in the chat to the bot, it will ask me again to enter another BTC address, I enter it, verify it by signing it with the Byteball address, then he will tell me "you will receive X GB"

then I do it again and again after I get every single BTC address I own signed.
yes it is like this:
Code:
BYTEBALLADDRESS....
enter

read what the bot replies (it confirms whether it is correct action or not and tells you what to do next)

Code:
1BitcoinAddress....
enter

read what the bot replies (it confirms whether it is correct action or not and tells you what to do next)

go to your wallet and sign BYTEBALLADDRESS.... with the private key of 1BitcoinAddress.... and paste it in the chat screen
Code:
HSignature+.....=

How do I keep track of all the addresses I have verified? I mean yeah I can look at the chat history but its a bit of a mess.
right after you give the bot your signature it replies with 2 messages (i am saying all this from memory though). first is confirmation that it has received the correct signature and the second one is a long list of all the Byteball addresses, bitcoin addresses, their balances, your total Byteball that you receive, the total balckbytes that you will receive and all that information.

you can also check out this link: http://transition.byteball.com/ it loads a bit slow because it is a huge list but you can search your byteball or bitcoin address there and see if it is confirmed.
it may take a while to show up.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
zzwensel11

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:33:12 AM

@Neurotypical. I had the same problem last week. I found out that during the airdrop periode (which can take a few days) the bot does not accept any new addresses. Maybe you just need to wait a few more days (as I am doing).

nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

How are you couldn't do it exactly? I mean the transition bot is quite intuitive. When I'm linking my addresses it was my first time to use sign/verify function. You may manage your funds into a single address, but you don't have to as you can link more addresses to your byteball address.

After you have signed and given back the output of the signature relayed by the bot. If the signature is okay. Then, the bot will say

"The signature is Ok. If you have more than one bitcoin address and want it link another one, let me this address". You have to then chat you another address to the bot. And go with the process again. Just send the word "help" to the bot and it will show your airdrop status along with addresses you have linked. And you can cross-check this at transition.byteball.org/

Note: Transition Bot is down for several days every after airdrop distribution.  Hope this helps.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Keraunos

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:14:31 PM

I remember reading about Byteball when I installed it that it may be a Russian Intelligence creation in order to track link addresses between themselves, so yes, it may be a threat to your privacy.
zzwensel11

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:07:18 PM

And I wonder about all those people who have been linking their btc addresses to byteball and need to change it now because they had to move their btc's to another wallet because they wanted to set their bitcoin cash free. It can all be tracked throught the linking steps in byteball... makes me a bit nervous.

AbsoluteT

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:22:58 PM

byteball only requires you to sign a message or send a small amount in a transaction I think it is safe.

If you where worried you could even move your bitcoins to a new address after signing the transaction
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:28:58 PM

I remember reading about Byteball when I installed it that it may be a Russian Intelligence creation in order to track link addresses between themselves, so yes, it may be a threat to your privacy.

That sounds interesting. Where did you get that from? source, link etc... sounds like a nice conspiracy theory but I will need more than that.

And I wonder about all those people who have been linking their btc addresses to byteball and need to change it now because they had to move their btc's to another wallet because they wanted to set their bitcoin cash free. It can all be tracked throught the linking steps in byteball... makes me a bit nervous.

I don't understand your problem. As long as you control the private keys during the airdrop to get the Byteballs, it's all you need.

Once you get your Byteballs, you can do anything you want with your BTC addresses.

My problem was that since I didn't know how to link several addresses, I assumed that you needed to send ALL of your BTC to a single BTC address, then link that address to a Byteball address, and that is a big mistake for your privacy's sake, since you should be linking the addresses separately. If you recieved  BTC in 100 different BTC addresses, then you must link these 100 BTC addresses separately, to a different Byteball address each time. It's annoying but there's no way out.
nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

That sounds interesting. Where did you get that from? source, link etc... sounds like a nice conspiracy theory but I will need more than that.

I don't understand your problem. As long as you control the private keys during the airdrop to get the Byteballs, it's all you need.

Once you get your Byteballs, you can do anything you want with your BTC addresses.

My problem was that since I didn't know how to link several addresses, I assumed that you needed to send ALL of your BTC to a single BTC address, then link that address to a Byteball address, and that is a big mistake for your privacy's sake, since you should be linking the addresses separately. If you recieved  BTC in 100 different BTC addresses, then you must link these 100 BTC addresses separately, to a different Byteball address each time. It's annoying but there's no way out.

You can link your BTC addresses at just one Byteball address, at least for me that's what I've done.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:56:40 PM

My problem was that since I didn't know how to link several addresses, I assumed that you needed to send ALL of your BTC to a single BTC address, then link that address to a Byteball address, and that is a big mistake for your privacy's sake, since you should be linking the addresses separately. If you recieved  BTC in 100 different BTC addresses, then you must link these 100 BTC addresses separately, to a different Byteball address each time. It's annoying but there's no way out.

You can link your BTC addresses at just one Byteball address, at least for me that's what I've done.

Yes, you can do that, but think about it: You are just ending up with the same problem but in the other end.

You could check here

http://transition.byteball.org/
https://explorer.byteball.org/

and then see that a bunch of different addresses all belong to the same Byteball address, which obviously means it's all the same person.

What you want is one BTC address for one Byteball address. So if you got 100 BTC addresses, you need 100 Byteball addresses, which is why I said Byteball wallet should have a list of all your receiving addresses, to keep track of them and know that you own these addresses, just like this:

I have no idea why Byteball doesn't have this.
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:45:28 AM

Update on this: I was signing all of my BTC addresses in different generated Byteball addresses just fine, but at some point, it seems like it has stopped generating new Byteball addresses. The ones that are generated, I have already used to sign a BTC address. When I click on "Chat" on the "(...)" button then  -> "Insert my address" it always inserts the same address even if the address on the "Recieve" tab is a different one... it inserts the last one in "You also receive 0.21111 blackbytes for each 1 byte of your balance on the linked Byteball addresses, which currently are: (then the list of Byteball addresses I've used, the last one is the one that always gets pasted when I click on "Insert my address"

But anyway, this is not generating any addresses, it seems, after the address number 16, no new addresses are generated... so how do I keep linking my BTC addresses?

I want 1 different Byteball recieving address for each different BTC address I have, and I have way more than 16 addresses.

Do I need to create another wallet?

But then, wouldn't the total funds be separated between different wallets and I would receive a smaller % for the Byteball held?

Please help.
bit247

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

bitcoin.org

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:02:56 AM

some one please let me know how can I like my exodus wallet. is it possible ?

BTCitcoin: 35DtMsEK1g1xVMKh4V7beAyguiU9qcHwtF  || ETH: Hacked Sad
serian

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:42:11 AM

In order to receive byteball airdrop do I need to have at least 1BTC in my linked BTC wallet? In wiki I couldn't find that info. I have less than 1 BTC in account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: