Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:22:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com: ETH deposit never came through.. Any people with same experience?  (Read 331 times)
frenchcrypto (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:27:21 PM

Hi,

I just sent a few ethereums on my BTER.com wallet in 2 transfers to the same ETH address but they never appeared on my balance.

I contacted support, they say that: the address was not my ETH address for my bter account.
I'm pretty sure I copied the ETH address from the address they assigned me first.

Are ETH addresses changing over time on this exchange?

Thanks for your help!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FintechEU

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:32:47 PM

Hi,

I just sent a few ethereums on my BTER.com wallet in 2 transfers to the same ETH address but they never appeared on my balance.

I contacted support, they say that: the address was not my ETH address for my bter account.
I'm pretty sure I copied the ETH address from the address they assigned me first.

Are ETH addresses changing over time on this exchange?

Thanks for your help!

I never had such experience with them before. Did you track the next direction where the money went next on Etherscan?
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:35:16 PM

Bter.com works very well for me , I have the same address every time I deposit.

frenchcrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:46:14 PM

I never had such experience with them before. Did you track the next direction where the money went next on Etherscan?

Yes I can see it on etherscan but not on my account.

Always the same address?
Then I really don't know what I did (and how I could copied another address...) because the address on my bter wallet is not the address I sent ether to..

Anyway, thanks for your quick replies, looks like I'm the one responsible..
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:54:42 PM

Yes I can see it on etherscan but not on my account.

Always the same address?
Then I really don't know what I did (and how I could copied another address...) because the address on my bter wallet is not the address I sent ether to..

Anyway, thanks for your quick replies, looks like I'm the one responsible..

There are malicious apps that changes the address from clipboard to another one, you should check your PC, this may be the case and may lead to another loss, be careful.

Also, always double check the address when you send coins, or triple check, losing money so irresponsibly is not excusable for many times in a row.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
frenchcrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:08:39 PM

There are malicious apps that changes the address from clipboard to another one, you should check your PC, this may be the case and may lead to another loss, be careful.

Also, always double check the address when you send coins, or triple check, losing money so irresponsibly is not excusable for many times in a row.

Indeed, it's a very stupid loss, I hadn't lost coins since MTGox closure..

After your reply, I checked my MacOs processes and chrome extensions, nothing looks malicious.
I also looked at all my exchanges and none have this address.
I checked etherscan, the money is still there.

Can someone tell me which adresses have same format as ethereum? I will check my other altcoin addresses..

Thanks!
frenchcrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:33:45 PM

Stupid forever loss
I sent to my ETC address instead of my ETH..

BTER is not involved.
SimpeleSimpele

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:48:27 PM

you can check in exchange section or scam acusation sectionb about bter
much people have testimony if bter not good, is very long time is not recomended exchanger
frenchcrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

you can check in exchange section or scam acusation sectionb about bter
much people have testimony if bter not good, is very long time is not recomended exchanger

Yes, I saw all bad reviews but none were recent, I tried it and have no bad experience so far.
The support replied me quite fast (at chinese business hours).

This time it was my fault, I sent the ethereums to the ethereum classic address..
I hope they can retrieve the private key to get back my ether but I highly doubt about that.

again, bter.com was not involved in my case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: