Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain  (Read 49735 times)
satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:40:09 AM

Is this a project based on IPFS concepts?IPFS is very popular, and the news is very widespread, but some low-quality fake news is not to be expected, maybe it should set up a separation interval, or to be in the trial range.

What does IPFS have to do with fake news?? Do you mean censorship avoidance?

@ranreichman, is IPFS actually a part of the product?
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:21:28 AM

Great at last to see a serious News platform. I am fed up with so much sensationalism and fake stuff being spread around the Mass media outlets and the Internet. So many people around the world are misinformed and brainwashed via various outlets, it's a breath of fresh air what you are building. I will be watching this space with great interest.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Darwin84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:46:12 AM

I think its a bad idea but so are 100% of the other coins. I used to say 90% but now they are all bad. With proper hype you might make a buck with a good pump or a storm out of the gate.

Its nothing new or exciting and the question always is how or why would anyone use your platform / coin or whatever idea is being pumped.  Especially with news which is mostly local and political and not something people switch often in their life.  The others reaching deep into geo politics already have their trusted platform and a coin site is not going validate their opinions.

The entire fake news thing is actually fake news. Its how CNN picks up anonymous sourced stories they couldn't do on their own, so they pick it up from minimum liability sites like buzzfeed and facebook, where it has always been proven to be anonymous or debunked as fake, so the real solution to fake new is don't trust sites like buzfeed / facebook / google puss / for news regarding world espionage.

ranreichman (OP)

Activity: 140

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 06:02:24 AM

Is this a project based on IPFS concepts?IPFS is very popular, and the news is very widespread, but some low-quality fake news is not to be expected, maybe it should set up a separation interval, or to be in the trial range.

What does IPFS have to do with fake news?? Do you mean censorship avoidance?

@ranreichman, is IPFS actually a part of the product?

We think it's important that all the information is available on IPFS but the product could work before all of the content is on IPFS.

ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 06:06:33 AM

Great at last to see a serious News platform. I am fed up with so much sensationalism and fake stuff being spread around the Mass media outlets and the Internet. So many people around the world are misinformed and brainwashed via various outlets, it's a breath of fresh air what you are building. I will be watching this space with great interest.
Thanks! I hope we'll be worthy of your confidence.

ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 06:08:08 AM

I think its a bad idea but so are 100% of the other coins. I used to say 90% but now they are all bad. With proper hype you might make a buck with a good pump or a storm out of the gate.

Its nothing new or exciting and the question always is how or why would anyone use your platform / coin or whatever idea is being pumped.  Especially with news which is mostly local and political and not something people switch often in their life.  The others reaching deep into geo politics already have their trusted platform and a coin site is not going validate their opinions.

The entire fake news thing is actually fake news. Its how CNN picks up anonymous sourced stories they couldn't do on their own, so they pick it up from minimum liability sites like buzzfeed and facebook, where it has always been proven to be anonymous or debunked as fake, so the real solution to fake new is don't trust sites like buzfeed / facebook / google puss / for news regarding world espionage.

Many people are already enjoying our product at https://snip.today, even before the sale. Not really sure about you point about the fake news being fake news, do you deny that there's much false or low-quality information online?

satoshforever

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:13:45 AM

@Darwin84, why are you here if you think all alternative cryptos suck?
Darwin84

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:29:34 PM

Many people are already enjoying our product at https://snip.today, even before the sale. Not really sure about you point about the fake news being fake news, do you deny that there's much false or low-quality information online?

There is fake news but it is un important and only made real when cnn picks it up. Otherwise its just some nonsense on someones social media from an anonymous source. The root of fake news is not an accident, its journalist not doing their job and many on purpose for a job and money or to promote their agenda. In the big picture I don't see how a decentralized platform and a coin helps this.

As a content creator, I would not go to your site, there are already much better platforms for me. I can see this shaping up to be a rip off scam site where people with no credibility are re regurgitating content from other sites.

Readers should check out trumps twitter to see how different it is from the propaganda fake news globalist nonsense that CNN is putting out.  Can you correct that with your site because that is the problem with fake news.

https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:22:22 AM

There is fake news but it is un important and only made real when cnn picks it up. Otherwise its just some nonsense on someones social media from an anonymous source. The root of fake news is not an accident, its journalist not doing their job and many on purpose for a job and money or to promote their agenda. In the big picture I don't see how a decentralized platform and a coin helps this.

As a content creator, I would not go to your site, there are already much better platforms for me. I can see this shaping up to be a rip off scam site where people with no credibility are re regurgitating content from other sites.

Readers should check out trumps twitter to see how different it is from the propaganda fake news globalist nonsense that CNN is putting out.  Can you correct that with your site because that is the problem with fake news.

Which alternatives do you use as a content creator today? Are you getting paid for creating content?

satoshforever

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:57:05 AM

Dude what does Trump's Twitter feed have to do with fake news? We're trying to gave a serious discussion here, don't bring in your politics. Anyway, if CNN is fake news in your opinion then you should welcome its disruption
Darwin84

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:34:54 PM

excuse me the topic is fake news and you ask what politics has to do with it ??  That might me the dumbest reply in this thread yet.  what do you think fake news is ? conspiracy in the sports and fashion section ?

It was an example of what real fake news is and how this coin can never do anything to fight it but in more likelihood support it.  Do you really think another coin / token / ico or is the solution to this problem, a problem which is not even a problem per se but a manufactured one.

the entire fake news movement was invented to discredit trump and again you ask how its relevant

positive fail

satoshforever

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:18:49 PM

excuse me the topic is fake news and you ask what politics has to do with it ??  That might me the dumbest reply in this thread yet.  what do you think fake news is ? conspiracy in the sports and fashion section ?

It was an example of what real fake news is and how this coin can never do anything to fight it but in more likelihood support it.  Do you really think another coin / token / ico or is the solution to this problem, a problem which is not even a problem per se but a manufactured one.

the entire fake news movement was invented to discredit trump and again you ask how its relevant

positive fail

I'm saying don't bring your own politics, of course fake news has to do with politics. There are fake news on the left and right, why is this hard for you to understand?
satoshforever

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:19:24 PM

positive fail

I'm saying don't bring your own politics, of course fake news has to do with politics. There are fake news on the left and right, why is this hard for you to understand?
Or do you think the left doesn't publish fake news?
$LACKER

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:53:31 AM

Any news about bounty?
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 08:17:26 PM

Any news about bounty?
Launched now:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2117216.0

dontmindme

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:18:28 PM

Wait is this the bounty thread?
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 08:20:10 PM

Wait is this the bounty thread?
No that's here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2117216.0
Just announced...

Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:31:00 PM

Will you guys be hiring writers to create contents?
ranreichman (OP)

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 08:44:29 PM

Will you guys be hiring writers to create contents?
The community will create the content and great writers will be rewarded with SnipCoin for their efforts. You can already start now in the News Snippets bounty - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2117216.0

dontmindme

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:11:19 PM

why can't i be part of the signature bounty?? Why only Jr Member??
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: