Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain  (Read 49737 times)
cas606

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:45:28 AM

the other bounty thread posted in prior of the ANN thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2172641.msg21781352#msg21781352

@ranreichman, could you please update the status of this on the bounty spreadsheet? Thanks!
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 05:59:51 AM

Of course!
Sorry for the delay

ranih

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:08:38 AM

We're happy to introduce our advisory board who has been working alongside us over the past few months.
Brilliant guys! 😎

https://medium.com/snip-news/announcing-snips-advisory-board-1aca815489c3

kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:07:33 PM

Nowadays there are many ways to reach the news, why do people use crypto for this. It is free to reach them. What will be your difference from others?
The use of crypto allows to align the interests of both writers and readers, since writers are getting the Snip token which is only valuable when the network is actually valuable to readers. That's also why Steemit uses crypto.

I am talking about readers. Why people spend money for read news ? It may make sense for the writers you say, but I have not found the logical side for the readers.
ranih

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 04:16:59 PM

Nowadays there are many ways to reach the news, why do people use crypto for this. It is free to reach them. What will be your difference from others?
The use of crypto allows to align the interests of both writers and readers, since writers are getting the Snip token which is only valuable when the network is actually valuable to readers. That's also why Steemit uses crypto.

I am talking about readers. Why people spend money for read news ? It may make sense for the writers you say, but I have not found the logical side for the readers.

That's why the content is free for the reader Smiley
They can tip writers for content they really love, and the can purchase premium services like our personalized podcast. But the basic version is completely free.

In addition, the content will be stored on IPFS to ensure it's available anytime and anywhere

ebook4expert

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:21:19 AM

Hi, could you please explain to me the difference between Snip and Steemit? Since both have reward mechanism by crypto, no?
ranreichman (OP)

Activity: 140

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 08:45:15 AM

In Steemit the writers are rewarded based on feedback from users, with the reward dependent on the number of tokens each user holds. Meaning that if you have a lot of tokens then your vote counts a lot, and if you have a small amount then your vote counts less. In Snip we use open-source algorithms to determine which content is the most valuable and reward accordingly. Users don’t have a vote according to their holdings.

In a different aspect, Snip is a news-focused platform, where Steemit is more like a blogging platform. It’s not really possible to get your news today through Steemit.

redcow

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:25:43 PM

Is the pre sell is over?
Wasimalik

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:09:56 PM

Hi guys, urdu thread is up: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2200349.msg22127091#msg22127091

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:17:35 PM

This project is meaningful. Here is a token that promise news with a totally different medium. Let see how this will turn out. Following keenly
ranih

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:21:42 PM

Is the pre sell is over?

Yes. You're welcome to join our crowdsale. Only 7 days left so reserve your place!

ranih

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:22:25 PM

This project is meaningful. Here is a token that promise news with a totally different medium. Let see how this will turn out. Following keenly

Thanks!
You're welcome to join our Telegram group to stay up to date.

ranih

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:22:58 PM

Thanks!
That crowdsale date is wrong. Can you please fix it?

cointerstrike

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:20:52 AM

Hi, could you please explain to me the difference between Snip and Steemit? Since both have reward mechanism by crypto, no?

A project similar to these projects will be issued soon. Name of the project request network. It can not be said that it is a very original project. This is not an obstacle to their success. Team work is more important than project idea.
ranreichman (OP)

Activity: 140

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 07:57:56 PM

A project similar to these projects will be issued soon. Name of the project request network. It can not be said that it is a very original project. This is not an obstacle to their success. Team work is more important than project idea.
What's request network?

redcow

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:27:08 PM

Is the pre sell is over?

Yes. You're welcome to join our crowdsale. Only 7 days left so reserve your place!

Thanks, i will!
Do you know in which exchanges you going to get listed?
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:42:06 PM

Hey there, I registered at the platform and had a few questions:
What does a paid subscription get me?
How do I produce articles?

I would like to be a writer for this platform

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
ranih

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:13:31 PM

Is the pre sell is over?

Thanks, i will!
Do you know in which exchanges you going to get listed?

We're checking the exchange issue but currently don't have news. We're working hard on staying compliant with regulation, which is becoming more and more important

ranih

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:18:03 PM

Awesome!
The paid subscription give you access to our podcast so you can stay updated on the go Smiley
In the future, the subscription will also allow you to use the ad-free version.

Please contact us at apply@snip.today to join as a writer.
You're welcome to join our Telegram group of course: https://t.me/sniptoday

Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:41:35 PM

Awesome!
The paid subscription give you access to our podcast so you can stay updated on the go Smiley
In the future, the subscription will also allow you to use the ad-free version.

Please contact us at apply@snip.today to join as a writer.
You're welcome to join our Telegram group of course: https://t.me/sniptoday

Ads and an ad free subscription model... good business plan.

As for the comment above about differences between snip and Steemit, being that I've been an active user of Steemit since it began, let me add.

As for user interface, snip is already light years ahead of Steemit. Less clutter, more attractive design and layout.
After 1 year, Steemit has relatively no development on the u.i. the basic design is just a clusterf*ck
Steemit is also overflowing with bots and is completely driven by greed.

Anyone who has been on Steemit for any length of time doesn't take it too seriously, or has left, or has realized that making a large investment is basically the only way to play the game. Which ultimately, it is, just a game.

Plus, like the development stated. Steemit is a blogging platform, whereas Snip is a news site.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: