Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on SIA Coin [SC]  (Read 1245 times)
themonkii (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:38:27 PM

Like most of you, I was introduced to SIA Coin as a secondarily mined coin to Ethereum via Claymores Dualminer software. On the premise, I thought it was awesome. Good technology, small but good team, I see a market for it, and I can see why people would choose it over AWS from a cost/security perspective.

Heck, I was even ready to pull the trigger on pre-ordering 2 Obelisk (their ASIC Miners).

That said, I'm starting to have my doubts. Their coins haven't surpassed $0.01 since all coins were waaaay up about 2 months back. Even then, they weren't what I'd consider "high". My issue is that there appears to be little to no marketing despite having a working platform. The UI seems horrendous, albeit I've not used it, outside of the wallet part.

I understand this is never going to be a $50 coin, but some movement would be nice...

What are your thoughts?

Genesis Network - GENX Payment Ecosystem  ☑ No ICO☑ No Premine☑ Fair Launch
Equihash 192_7 PoW─[ Maturity-Based Masternodes ]─ ANN Twitter Discord Reddit      
GitHub Pools Explorer Infographics ● ────[ ForumExchanges ]──── ●
themonkii (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:41:54 PM

Just to add - https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2017/08/07/sia/sUZ0p3EEAsgVuL2aGCeqEJ/story.html

Great....make a great product and a coin to go with it. have miners mine said coin, and make it so worthless that it doesn't even offset the cost of mining it.

zmb

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:42:25 PM

As I understood it the fees users of the sia network pay to have their files hosted are lower than what StorJ charges for file storage, so if they can compete on price with another product that is marketed well, they might still gain traction.
This video gives a more detailed comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gNVJjJAve0
I hope this helps.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0)
█     PoSToken (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0)    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0) ●  WebSite (https://postoken.org)  ●  Twitter (https://twitter.com/PoSToken)  ●  Slack (https://postoken.slack.com)  ●  Whitepaper (https://postoken.org/whitepaper.pdf)
themonkii (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:00:14 PM

No no, I get the concept. I've done tons of research on their service, the technology, etc.

My issue stems from statements from the core Dev team like;
“The [Sia] tokens are for using the service, not for speculating, and it’s our job to keep them stable, not to bump them,” Vorick said. “That does create a lot of friction in the community. The people who are upset about losing money are outweighing the people who are excited about the technology we built.”

So, in short they want it mined (which ive been doing for months), but they don't want it to be an investment....so....without sounding greedy....what upside is there for the miner, the backbone to their technology?

currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 12:30:30 AM

No no, I get the concept. I've done tons of research on their service, the technology, etc.

My issue stems from statements from the core Dev team like;
“The [Sia] tokens are for using the service, not for speculating, and it’s our job to keep them stable, not to bump them,” Vorick said. “That does create a lot of friction in the community. The people who are upset about losing money are outweighing the people who are excited about the technology we built.”

So, in short they want it mined (which ive been doing for months), but they don't want it to be an investment....so....without sounding greedy....what upside is there for the miner, the backbone to their technology?

No in short they want it to be stable. SC is still worth N amount of USD.

1 cent was nice. $50 we will never see, but maybe $1 or $5 max. That is still crazy.

themonkii (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 03:33:03 PM

I understand that stability is a major priority for them, but to what end?
I personally never see this coin getting over the $0.20 mark with the PR team they have in place today.

I again stress that I think the technology / service has the potential to be game changing. I just hope they don't squander the opportunity.

sushimon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

My opinion is that this coin had a promising tech with potential, and I've been waiting one month, following the dev team and any news.
Sadly the price seems to be tanking, and that will drive off many potential investors.

Storj appearing is also a gamer changer, but at this point, its difficult to decide which one will be the winner (and since the idea behind the tech itself is actually quite interesting, I can see some new spins on it appearing soon from other coins).
themonkii (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 04:43:22 PM

I totally agree with you.

Sadly, thus far, SIA has taught me that it takes more than a great technology to build a business.

I think if they got themselves a good PR team, it would remedy a lot of their shortcomings. Watching the good news come out, that should be driving up the price up is being blundered by the dev team.

Hats off, they are making awesome strides in terms of the development, but its painfully clear they don't know the first thing about PR. They didn't learn from their mistakes with the shit-show Obelisk pre-sale, and they seem determined to make the same mistakes again.

nellz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:15:37 PM

im still buying siacoin this day while it drop now. i believe this coin will up again. for some reason would believe this coin is the best to save up.
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:16:24 PM

Like most of you, I was introduced to SIA Coin as a secondarily mined coin to Ethereum via Claymores Dualminer software. On the premise, I thought it was awesome. Good technology, small but good team, I see a market for it, and I can see why people would choose it over AWS from a cost/security perspective.

Heck, I was even ready to pull the trigger on pre-ordering 2 Obelisk (their ASIC Miners).

That said, I'm starting to have my doubts. Their coins haven't surpassed $0.01 since all coins were waaaay up about 2 months back. Even then, they weren't what I'd consider "high". My issue is that there appears to be little to no marketing despite having a working platform. The UI seems horrendous, albeit I've not used it, outside of the wallet part.

I understand this is never going to be a $50 coin, but some movement would be nice...

What are your thoughts?

If compare the potitial of Siacoin with other altcoin on market with cheap price as Digibyte, Stellar, I think Siacoin can't compete with them because Asic hardware for Sia is worst make me can't like it. Not like Digibyte is altcoin have a huge community Chinese before pump to high price, Siacoin just popular in recently after pump to high price in May.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
kelnel

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:26:17 PM

just give it a little time. Market will apreciate Sia for what its worth soon enough. Better accumulate untill then
nellz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:59:24 PM

What are your thoughts?

If compare the potitial of Siacoin with other altcoin on market with cheap price as Digibyte, Stellar, I think Siacoin can't compete with them because Asic hardware for Sia is worst make me can't like it. Not like Digibyte is altcoin have a huge community Chinese before pump to high price, Siacoin just popular in recently after pump to high price in May.
it depend more on market.. in exchanges nothing impossible. dont u agree mate. it more depend at market then worst asic hardware to make the price up. to be honest im still believe the price will pump up again soon or later. just wait for the whales pump it again. i will not miss the train.
BremmavdBuurt

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:05:33 PM

Guys, at the begin of June I invested 300 euros in Siacoin to get 22162 SC (paid around 580 sat per Sia at that time). I was naive to buy at a high price, but I didn't have any experience at all, hence this mistake. Because of the technology I thought that it would be wise to invest another 300 euros when the price is around 200 sat per SC and to sell my first Sia's when the price is 580 sat again. The latter investment would be a long term investment. Do you think that it would be a good decision to do it like this?
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 08:12:34 PM

Guys, at the begin of June I invested 300 euros in Siacoin to get 22162 SC (paid around 580 sat per Sia at that time). I was naive to buy at a high price, but I didn't have any experience at all, hence this mistake. Because of the technology I thought that it would be wise to invest another 300 euros when the price is around 200 sat per SC and to sell my first Sia's when the price is 580 sat again. The latter investment would be a long term investment. Do you think that it would be a good decision to do it like this?

This is called averaging, and yes this is how you minimize loss.

You will see 580 sat per Sia again soon enough. That is quite low actually. I expect 600+ sat by December.

tunsky

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:24:36 PM

At less that a cent per share it makes sense to invest a small amount of money that you are not afraid to lose. Just set a sell stop at some amount higher than the current price. If it ever runs, you can turn a quick profit and not even know it.

Ripple was trading for fractions of a penny for along time and then one day it made some people really really rich. It doesn't sound like sia is a scam coin and the team is reputable therefore perhaps it just needs some time on the market until it's found by big money traders.
BremmavdBuurt

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:47:55 PM

This is called averaging, and yes this is how you minimize loss.

You will see 580 sat per Sia again soon enough. That is quite low actually. I expect 600+ sat by December.

Thanks for your reply. What makes you think that Sia will be worth 600+ sat per SC by December?
themonkii (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 09:20:31 PM

I follow SIA a fair bit, and I too would be interested in hearing why you think it will increase? I have no idea what coin Sat is, or its value. FYI

BremmavdBuurt

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:28:56 PM

I follow SIA a fair bit, and I too would be interested in hearing why you think it will increase? I have no idea what coin Sat is, or its value. FYI

Sat is a way of determining the coin's value. 1 sat = 0.00000001 btc (sat stands for Satoshi)
themonkii (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 10:02:59 PM

Sat is a way of determining the coin's value. 1 sat = 0.00000001 btc (sat stands for Satoshi)

Gotcha - Ok, thanks!

Michael2t

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:17:42 AM

I bought it from 280 satosi price and currently it is dropping very strongly i take 50% account with it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: