Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue about BTC Cash and BTC after fork.  (Read 268 times)
BiTcoinUseRrR (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:58:34 PM

After the 1st August fork, I transferred all my bitcoin from electrum wallet to online exchange wallet. Can I still claim  bitcoin cash by using ELECTRON wallet? Or is it lost?
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7047

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:19:39 PM

After the 1st August fork, I transferred all my bitcoin from electrum wallet to online exchange wallet. Can I still claim  bitcoin cash by using ELECTRON wallet? Or is it lost?
Every wallet that contained Bitcoins at the moment of the fork have received BCC in their chain.

If at the right moment of the fork, you still had your Bitcoins on your old wallet (regardless of whether you still have them or not), then you also received the same amount in BCC. And if you didn't spent them, they are still there.

In this case, download Electron Cash[1] and import the wallet that may contain BCC to spent your coins the same way you would do with Bitcoins.

[1] http://www.electroncash.org/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BiTcoinUseRrR (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:51:49 PM

After the 1st August fork, I transferred all my bitcoin from electrum wallet to online exchange wallet. Can I still claim  bitcoin cash by using ELECTRON wallet? Or is it lost?
Every wallet that contained Bitcoins at the moment of the fork have received BCC in their chain.

If at the right moment of the fork, you still had your Bitcoins on your old wallet (regardless of whether you still have them or not), then you also received the same amount in BCC. And if you didn't spent them, they are still there.

In this case, download Electron Cash[1] and import the wallet that may contain BCC to spent your coins the same way you would do with Bitcoins.

[1] http://www.electroncash.org/
Thanks for reply! Yeah, I did have bitcoin before the fork in my electrum wallet. And few days after the fork only then I decided to move my bitcoin to online exchange wallet.

Therefore, according to ur statements , I am entitled to the bitcoin cash?

Additional question is that whether electron wallet is a legit wallet? Have people successfully claimed their BTC Cash from the wallet. I know there exist certain risks in using it as officially stated by Electrum.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: