Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:59:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Tangerine (Ex-Mandarin) - Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange  (Read 51364 times)
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 08:53:34 AM

And the wait continues....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gwyn

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:05:45 AM

After months of waiting everything goes against the team now without any flexibility. If they had something in their basket, surely were delivering on showing. All thy did was basic version of exchange full of bugs and issues. At start issues appear which is normal but you should keep investors update with the current development. Here is not the case so expecting anything anymore is day dreaming.
Yes, Tangerine seems to have been caught in a bottleneck, and developers have not continued to carry out further work.
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:26:37 AM

I don't think there is anything worth waiting for. The project is completely dead.
KRAUSS

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:14:30 PM

I don't think there is anything worth waiting for. The project is completely dead.
Did we have any updates from the team in the nearest time? Really hope to get something from them....
A1exander

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:22:56 AM

Did we have any updates from the team in the nearest time? Really hope to get something from them....

No, there were no updates in more than two months. The exchange is just a mockup, do not deposit anything there.
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:57:19 AM

Dont wanna shill or anything, just wanna share what i found on the tangerine chat by that guy who posted fb pics before:

djcris

The team of Tangerin, commented to me yesterday by facebook, that this 21/05, they are going to begin to quote in our exchange: Wanchain, XinFin, and Mithril. Which I think is excellent. I hope to see our token in 10usd in 1 month or less. Congratula

does this torture never end?
power.san

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:56:45 PM

So it really dead ringt?
A1exander

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:32:25 PM

So it really dead ringt?

Looks like it is. No news, no communication, the exchange is not working, the token is completely worthless.
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:12:36 PM

It's certainly looking bad then. There is hardly any project that goes completely silent if it actually serious intentions about turning their roadmap into reality. Have they ever showed their faces?

Not only they are absolutely silent, from time to time one of them deletes any critical messages in the chat box at the exchange. They are just buying more time to hide themselves and the money. As for faces, they may be fakes, and the CEO remained completely unknown.

One question then is how well did they do their job in hiding their identity throughout the whole time they ran this project? And did they actually scam you guys?

Looks like they did pretty well. There were investors, some of them mentioned buying tokens during the ICO in this thread. Personally I did not invest, I only participated in their signature campaign for some time, of which I now regret.

There is a group in crypto that pulls off a lot of scams I think. They know how to do it without get caught. The only thing to fight back is inform people about the threats and get some better verification processes for devs who want to launch a project.

Maybe. There is a possibility that this scam was well planned. The account used to create this thread and now abandoned was rather old (maybe bought). The exchange is dead. They won enough time to cover their traces and disappeared.

They waited for enough people to deposit funds on their exchange I guess. It reminds me a little bit of CryptoDao if you remember / know that exchange? Stopped operating out of a sudden and a lot of people deposited funds there because there was one special ICO exclusively launching on their platform. I guess it was part of their strategy.

Fortunately, I've missed CryptoDao. I'm not sure the Tangerine scammers initially planned to open their "exchange" and collect the deposits. There was a long delay before the launch and the "exchange" looks so primitive and unprofessional that there were probably very few deposits there. But, as far as I've heard, it is impossible to withdraw anything from there, so it is an additional layer of the scam.

So did they ask the community for an ICO or how did they "fund" the "development" of their exchange? What's the actual scam here about and how much was presumably lost? CryptoDao was fully operational but very slow and pretty bad. As I said, this one exclusive ICO obviously convinced some people to deposit funds over there.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
A1exander

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:14:37 AM

So did they ask the community for an ICO or how did they "fund" the "development" of their exchange? What's the actual scam here about and how much was presumably lost? CryptoDao was fully operational but very slow and pretty bad. As I said, this one exclusive ICO obviously convinced some people to deposit funds over there.

There was an ICO, with bounties, signature campaign, etc., and it successfully raised a considerable sum, although now I doubt that they reported it accurately.
tiCeR

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:36:20 PM

There was an ICO, with bounties, signature campaign, etc., and it successfully raised a considerable sum, although now I doubt that they reported it accurately.

They most likely didn't report it accurately, but probably still made a good amount of money. As you said, hard to tell whether it was their intention to run off, but to be honest most likely it was. I guess they've never done any sort of interview or showed their faces, and there was a reason for that from the start.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Olivia2546

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

We need more exchanges and Tangerine being built on the suggestions and vote based system by holders of TNG tokens means it will see huge success. I am glad to see things are advancing in right direction and beta will be out soon with open access for everyone. This will attract more new users as well.
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:05:11 PM

We need more exchanges and Tangerine being built on the suggestions and vote based system by holders of TNG tokens means it will see huge success. I am glad to see things are advancing in right direction and beta will be out soon with open access for everyone. This will attract more new users as well.

hahahaha...damn i think this will verify our assumptions, that those are paid accounts
djcris3

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:16:39 PM

I made an ETH withdrawal 2 weeks ago and it never came, my money was stolen.

BECAREFUL.
mmh

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:34:06 PM

I have the same problem...
tiCeR

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

I have the same problem...

I am sorry for all your losses here, but at the same time it should hopefully have an educational effect for you all. Do not deposit your funds in places where you have no control over the private key unless it is a regulated and well established exchange.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

After this long to have hope is waiting for miracle to happen. Now it has been clear that they have gone with the money they raised as there was not pressure on them even when they came after few months delays with excuses. That was attempt to test the temperature and feeling of people and they didn't find active people and went away without problem. Why will they care to come back now after so many months ?
tiCeR

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:21:19 PM

After this long to have hope is waiting for miracle to happen. Now it has been clear that they have gone with the money they raised as there was not pressure on them even when they came after few months delays with excuses. That was attempt to test the temperature and feeling of people and they didn't find active people and went away without problem. Why will they care to come back now after so many months ?

They will definitely not come back. Not even worth to think about that miracle. They took the money and that was the easiest way for them to make some cash.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 06:38:42 PM

Website http://www.tangerine.is/ is now down....
Jane_olivers

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:46:57 PM

Website http://www.tangerine.is/ is now down....
Maybe Update?I managed to visit the site in a few hours Huh But Now is down
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: