Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:03:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SiaCoin's future?  (Read 3117 times)
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:54:10 PM

Siacoin has a good project, good products, and very good team, one of the best i have ever seen on this community, so yes, it can be raised.
At the moment this coin is at 270/sat each, i see it at 800/sat max at the end of the year, remember that there is a lot of coins on the market and it is impossible to reach a high value like $1 each for example.
Siacoin can grow, but not much.
Rippa84

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:08:39 PM

I got it from the official projected statistics of the SIA miners (Obelisk). In June of next year they are projected to mine 150,000 SC a month. Each and every asic miner sold is supposed to mine that. If even just 5000 miners are sold (initial amount being sold) that will be 750,000,000 newly mined coins each month. Which is roughly 2.5% of the total coin supply each month.
Till here your direction  is almost correct. Despite the fact that there are just 4000 pieces beeing sold in the first batch.

After that it went all wrong.

As with any ASIC -- once one is mass produced, it is copied and resold by several companies. An estimated 25-50,000 asics for SC are likely to exist by the end of 2018. Each one mining 150,000 coins a month. 7.5 Billion coins minted each month. Of the current 28 billion coins. Equal roughly 1/4 the total coin amount created each month (I realize there will be billions more coins by this time next year so you can adjust %s accordingly -- but according to your own fairy tale, there should be LESS coins this time next year -- which is not true at all btw).

Whoever told you the value is constantly decreasing, clearly hasn't been following the coin. Do a little "science" experiment and jot down the current number of coins right now. Come back tomorrow and look at the total coins -- You'll see a metric shit ton more coins tomorrow than today.

The estimated reward of 150,000SC per Asic is not stable. It is estimated for the first month with 4000 units sold and decreasing after that. If less Obelisks are sold it will be more per unit.

What u ignore is the fact, that the daily Block reward is not about hashingpower. If there are 2 Billion asics it won't rise. Hashingpower just decides how much of the cake  u get.

With 4000 Obelisks sold and no gpu mining , u get 1/4000 of daily reward. When month later there are 8000units u get 1/8000 and so on.

I also did not say the total supply is decreasing, i said the amount of daily mined sc is decreasing. Exactly 144 SC per day.

So please stop ignoring the algo and do math on a regular basis.
lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:16:53 PM

I got it from the official projected statistics of the SIA miners (Obelisk). In June of next year they are projected to mine 150,000 SC a month. Each and every asic miner sold is supposed to mine that. If even just 5000 miners are sold (initial amount being sold) that will be 750,000,000 newly mined coins each month. Which is roughly 2.5% of the total coin supply each month.
Till here your direction  is almost correct. Despite the fact that there are just 4000 pieces beeing sold in the first batch.

After that it went all wrong.

As with any ASIC -- once one is mass produced, it is copied and resold by several companies. An estimated 25-50,000 asics for SC are likely to exist by the end of 2018. Each one mining 150,000 coins a month. 7.5 Billion coins minted each month. Of the current 28 billion coins. Equal roughly 1/4 the total coin amount created each month (I realize there will be billions more coins by this time next year so you can adjust %s accordingly -- but according to your own fairy tale, there should be LESS coins this time next year -- which is not true at all btw).

Whoever told you the value is constantly decreasing, clearly hasn't been following the coin. Do a little "science" experiment and jot down the current number of coins right now. Come back tomorrow and look at the total coins -- You'll see a metric shit ton more coins tomorrow than today.

The estimated reward of 150,000SC per Asic is not stable. It is estimated for the first month with 4000 units sold and decreasing after that. If less Obelisks are sold it will be more per unit.

What u ignore is the fact, that the daily Block reward is not about hashingpower. If there are 2 Billion asics it won't rise. Hashingpower just decides how much of the cake  u get.

With 4000 Obelisks sold and no gpu mining , u get 1/4000 of daily reward. When month later there are 8000units u get 1/8000 and so on.

I also did not say the total supply is decreasing, i said the amount of daily mined sc is decreasing. Exactly 144 SC per day.

So please stop ignoring the algo and do math on a regular basis.

Even with the "corrections" you pointed out -- There is just far too many coins already and far to many being created every day for there to be any serious value in SC. People buying 1k or even 10k of them will likely never see any real profit. People "investing" in SC better be buying up literally hundreds of thousands of coins and then holding them for 10 years. If they do that, they might be able to make a car payment one month with the profits (but only if they drive a Hyundai or something. No nice cars in this scenario).

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:35:38 PM

I think SiaCoin has not attracted large investors because the altcoin has no future roadmap and developers have very little information about this altcoin. I hope in the future SiaCoin will have more information
Indeed, this is what this particular coin is lacking on. Not only this coin, but all the altcoins on a whole do not have any potential of taking an edge over bitcoins or ruling the crypto market. The SiaCoin has lacked proper details and this project also was deprived of attraction. These are some of the reasons it could not manage to attract masses.
sefo

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:57:28 PM

It does have a roadmap https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:18:20 PM

After ico filecoin sia has serious problems, I think this is their main competitor that looks more powerful

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████