Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner's guide for trading crypto ?  (Read 622 times)
menspervincet (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:10:59 PM

Hello, and first of all thx for this great forum where I can read intersting analysis about trading.

I would like to understand different stategies or theories for trading crypto.
I am not interested in "magical recipes", but content with strong references and based on statistics/science.

Have you some good links or books (english or french) to recommend ?
I am sorry if this topic has been discussed already, but that's why I am a "noob" Wink

Thx in advance Smiley
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:23:39 PM

Buy and hold is quite strong strategy.
Due to the limited amount of 21 mio Bitcoins (my reference to a stat Cheesy ) they will be worth a lot, if it Bitcoin is a success.

If you want to daytrade:
Try to get news as early as possible and be able to figure out how much impact they will have.

I don't think normal trading analysis will suffice for Bitcoins, because it doesn't act like a normal stock. The mass psychology stuff might still work.
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

+1 the buy and hold strategy. Buy the major drops (i/e 10% or more) and then hold for as long as you dare.

Especially with the smaller currencies, where there may only be 100's of BTC in buy orders, a single miner with a stash can really drive prices down or put a quick end to a rally.   There are also groups of traders who will (individually or together) over time accumulate a large position in a minor currency, then announce a plan to "pump" the currency at a specific time a few days in advance.  This may generate interest in the currency, and while people are accumulating coin ahead of the pump, they will slowly liquidate their position.   There are various strategies on this and ways to play it.

You really need to be careful, because cryptocoins are not like stock or mainstream currency. It's the wild west right now and they are routinely manipulated by miners and traders.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
menspervincet (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:44:49 AM

Thanks Smiley
No idea of trading book to go further into details ?
altsay

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:15:07 AM

BTC is flat these days so not profitable for daytrade
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: