Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:09:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: November, what will be your move?
I support Bitcoin Core, I keep BTC and dump 2X sooner or later - 13 (37.1%)
I support NYA, I keep BTC and dump 2X sooner or laterI will move to 2X and dump my BTC sooner or later - 3 (8.6%)
I don't care, I will HODL both - 15 (42.9%)
Else.... - 4 (11.4%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcoin2X - November, whats it gonna be for you?  (Read 2127 times)
djuvantebit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Be a part of the revolution

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 05:38:20 PM

Too much forking. Why can't we just focus with Bitcoin vs Ethereum?

Lol, i will truly prefer that Grin, NYA, 2x, 1x and UASF Grin pleeesss!

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:32:27 PM

At this moment, i think it's a bit difficult to trust Bitcoin Core developer or anyone who involved in NYA.

How can the two be compared, or put in the same basket? Core has avoided contention, continued to scale Bitcoin tremendously, and pushed for changes in a slow, responsible and methodical way. The NYA signatories are just profit-motivated business interests -- businesses and miners that want a hard fork for profit motive, not for the good of Bitcoin.

If there aren't any popular scaling solution besides SegWit2x, i guess i would choose SegWit2x since we know eventually we have to upgrade bitcoin network and fee/confirmation speed will become worse.

All these fork threats just harden my resolve to hold. Worst comes to worst, I'll support the wrong coin, but I'll have coins on the fork that takes the throne.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:55:57 AM

As you say, the next storm of November is going to be a lot more serious than that of Bitcoin Cash. Personally, I still feel a lot of things can happen - either party can still change their mind for the common good, and a fork may yet be avoided or may be agreed upon by both.

I'm actually torn on this one in terms of game theory:

The natural assumption is that 2x is a bigger deal than BitcoinCash in terms of potential drama, but it's possible that the BitcoinCash split has actually taken some of the wind out of 2x's sails.  If you consider that BitcoinCash will be taking a proportion of the hashpower and economic support that otherwise could have contributed to the 2x chain, then it stands to reason that November's 2x split could likely be diminished or weakened as a result.  In a sense, it's better to have two infighting opponents squabbling amongst themselves than a single, organised and regimented opponent with their primary focus on you.  If it's purely a power-play based on strength in numbers, those supporting SegWit-only should be happy that their enemy isn't presenting a united front.

However, it may not be a power-play at all.  BitcoinCash could be seen as a kind of bartering leverage.  If you make people realise that there is a more extreme stance that could be taken (BitcoinCash), then the middleground (2x) may cause compromise to appear more temping by comparison and could conceivably gain support as a result.  It's really difficult to tell if those miners currently mining up-to-8mb blocks are doing it as a fallback because they genuinely believe it's the right course of action and the split is worth the risk, or if it's simply a sign of intent to make 2x seem more appealing by comparison and to strengthen their negotiating standpoint by presenting a more extreme alternative. 

It'll be fascinating to watch it play out.  I'm just gonna hodl everything to be on the safe side and consider my options once the aftermath is clear.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:09:31 PM

At this moment, i think it's a bit difficult to trust Bitcoin Core developer or anyone who involved in NYA. If there aren't any popular scaling solution besides SegWit2x, i guess i would choose SegWit2x since we know eventually we have to upgrade bitcoin network and fee/confirmation speed will become worse.
Yes probably that is a good approach but why the hard fork, why can't the miners be on board for once and plan a soft fork and solve all this issues. I haven't made any decision which to support, but like the majority I'll go where the herd heads, if 2x turns out to fail there won't be any point in holding it and I'll dump them but if it's a success and everyone is moving there then I would too but probably won't dump my legacy BTC.
eff_efferson

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:31:45 PM

what block is this happening at
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:15:56 AM

I am holding btc at the moment and will be holding at the fork. What I do after the fork will depend upon the price of the coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: