Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:58:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM ALERT] Free BTC Ripple Giveaway by TradeFortress  (Read 4731 times)
ervalvola (OP)

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:53:05 PM

This is the point of the social experiment.

But it has been a good demonstration by TradeFortress. Having that useless 1 BTC in my own Ripple wallet balance that I can't spend is far more convincing than a post containing an image of someone else's wallet.

You are lucky that yet no one has lost money.

I don't agree with you, but i can understand the content of your criticism if you think fractional reserve is evil (which is a pretty easy way of watching economy).

Demonstrating your thesis with a scam, putting people in the conditions of loosing his money because they trust you, is a bad way. Close that thread.

It, at the end, weakens your arguments.
ervalvola (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:58:01 PM

By the way, believing that you hadn't the intentions of stealing some bitcoin is really, REALLY hard.

Scam is, and should be treated like a scam.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:13:11 PM

What made you think that? I Wasnt even thinking about anything related to that kind of nature... I posted that because as you seen in the picture, the man ate the girl. Wth? please dont post things proven not to be true.
thats what im saying
I've noticed that, But I still did it anyways lol, Just going to have to create another account and leave that ^1btc^ Sitting.
You don't have to leave anything. Just reset the trust line to zero since he clearly deserves zero trust in Ripple. That's all that is needed to keep BTC from TF screwing with your other BTC.

You can either keep the (near) useless BTC IOU or if you'd prefer to clear it out (since Ripple will only let you use/send it to others that have mistakenly trusted TF) you can just send the exact amount back to the source account after having zero'd the trust. BTW, that's what is required to lower your XRP reserves from the trust line; the reserves are only released when the trust is set to zero and the balance is <= 0.

ironcross360 such a fucking spam poster. I've reported you to admins im tired of seeing your stupid ass posts all over this forum.

I iggied the person, the moment i seen what it says under his avatar. Pedophile. And the person should be banned.

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
ervalvola (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:15:26 PM

@ironcross: should we thank him for bumping the thread and press ignore? ; )
ironcross360

Activity: 140

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

It doesnt really matter, Maybe I shouldnt have posted that if people would have thought the wrong way on this forum?!?
@ironcross: should we thank him for bumping the thread and press ignore? ; )

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:23:37 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 06:55:06 PM by pekv2

Grin I don't think he is scamming anyone, just proving that ripple is a scam.
pokerFace2

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:29:23 PM

TradeFortress is deleting posts in the mentioned topic he doesnt like:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

2. You must have trusted us with 100 BTC.

Why so much? Your a scammer?
ervalvola (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:48:59 PM

Of course; he doesn't want anybody to breack the game...

Once again, people rescue to loose money there... moderators should do something...
BTCoder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:50:47 PM

So is this guy banned yet?
ervalvola (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

No, not yet...

He's simply exploiting the lack of knowledge and the trust that people gave him...
bitaccumulation

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:00:14 AM

This is the point of the social experiment.

But it has been a good demonstration by TradeFortress. Having that useless 1 BTC in my own Ripple wallet balance that I can't spend is far more convincing than a post containing an image of someone else's wallet.

Quote from: TradeFortress
One word: (actually two) - liquidity providers. I've being able to exchange my own IOUs for bit stamp ones because of a flawed feature in ripple.

That's not a "social experiment" - that's called fraud dipshit.

GPG Public Key 505ABB9D
minerone2

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:32:14 AM

never trust some one you don't really know
bapakece

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:06:33 AM

This make me confusing  Huh Huh
So TF what are you clarifications about this  ?
dchapes

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:08:50 AM

See https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2552
Users ironcross360 and MyZhre/Andj are actively making BTC payments through these IOUs to Bitstamp for withdrawal.

IMO, Ripple questions are best asked (and answered) on the Ripple forum and/or StackExchange
ervalvola (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:16:42 AM

sad but predictable :\

Here it is the official accusation post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=207841.new#new

Maybe i should add those users too, but the responsible is the organizer and the issuer of the fake bitcoins in my opinion.
Jakewell

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:26:03 AM

I think he proves a very big bug in the entire ripple system.

If anyone can make those imaginary BTC or any other currency in the ripple system, and he sends that fake currency to alot of persons..

User 1, Fake bitcoin owner try to buy something paying with bitcoins in ripple, starts a topic or something, and send the fake BTC first.
User 2, receives the fake BTC and send the item who was selling (LTC, ripples, USD,etc) then he realizes that he cant trade his BTC anywhere, because its fake and get scammed.

dchapes

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:48:58 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 03:24:10 AM by dchapes

I think he proves a very big bug in the entire ripple system.
No he hasn't.
It's not fake BTC.

He conned a bunch of newbies into trusting him for 100 BTC with the promise of "1 free Ripple BTC". He gave a pretty picture so that the newbies without a clue could follow his misguided instructions.

Those users have placed a trust in TradeFortress that he is good for 100 BTC when of course he has absolutly no intention of doing so. His goal is to let others use Ripples liquidity features to take the gateway BTC of any newb that has any. One person had 1 BTC/Bitstamp taken out of his account in exchange for 1 BTC/TradeFortress (because that's what TradeFortress knowingly conned the nebie into telling Ripple it was okay to do).

User 2, receives the fake BTC and send the item who was selling (LTC, ripples, USD,etc) then he realizes that he cant trade his BTC anywhere, because its fake and get scammed.
The only way this can happen is if User 2 *also trusts* TradeFortress. If not there will either be no payment path or the path will go through someone that trusts TradeFortress.

IMO, Ripple questions are best asked (and answered) on the Ripple forum and/or StackExchange
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:32:57 AM

TradeFortress is doing everyone a favor, showing how you can be ripped off or stiffed in an easy way. This could be a loop hole to allow Ripple to take your money and keep it and label it fraud.

TradeFortress is a reputable member of the forum for what seems to a long time, he puts more into Crypto than most. Im sure he has no need to take your money or SCAM you.

I would trust TradeFortress, with my wallet and kids.
Andj

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Now i believe ripple is not a scam, which make TradeFortress so nervious,
this guy do everything possible to agaist ripple, why?
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:35:19 AM

In my opinion based on what I have learned, Ripple will probably work and people will most likely use it since big corporations will tell them its ok. The reasoning be hind the [SCAM] tag it because the company's behind it will profit massively.  Which will be ok for some, I personally don't want someone profiting from transactions I place or when I move my money.  So scam may be a bad word choice but simply saying its a bad idea nobody pays attention.

How ever you word it, that's what Bitcoin was made to avoid. Control.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: