Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete [RESOLVED]  (Read 4536 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:07:55 PM

i just noticed this thread today. can someone just tell me whether i'm going to get default negative trust for advertising enjin?

i've read the allegations. pending the hangout, the only issue is the deletion of posts from a moderated thread. i don't have the time or energy to read through all of the ANN thread to determine if the deleted posts were, in fact, repetitive and/or trolling. it seems that, regardless, all questions regarding enjin's traffic were adequately addressed. thus, i don't believe this warrants a scam accusation or negative trust (unless you take the position that all ICOs are scams and deserve such). i am also still comfortable advertising the ICO based on this. but i will remove my signature immediately if cryptodevil says so because he can ruin all of our reputations, permanently, based only on his say-so and regardless of any evidence. it seems like that is probably what he plans to do here, and no one on this forum will stop him, so i won't get in the way.

so, if cryptodevil could simply clarify what his plans are.....? that would be nice. hopefully you'll at least give the signature advertisers a PM and a day or two to remove the signature before you neg trust them at least, as a courtesy?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 11:48:41 PM

I really don't want to be involved in this mess, but I feel obligated to chime because the Bitcoin Co-op is based in Vancouver, where Witek Radomski lives and is reasonably well-known to the local Bitcoin community. His wife has also been around for a long time, and she's prominent in the life extension movement, so it seems unlikely that her husband is doing something malicious. They're really more the quiet creative/nerdy type... they're also famous for designing a coloring book

My guess is that they moderated the thread because they were scared and didn't know what to do... I'm judging this based on the fact that he reached out to more than one person for advice. I didn't answer him quickly because I'm extremely overworked, so he charged ahead... I still need to learn more about their project for Blockchain Gaming. So I can't really vouch for the rest of their team or their model, but for now I'm comfortable giving positive trust to Witek individually

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 01:14:56 AM

Here is part of what scared our entire team off from working with him:

His behavior on Skype video was rude, constant cursing at us while trying to force the project in his own direction. By chance, I was passing through the city which Ton (NVO founder) lives and I was planning to have an in-person meeting with him, but after our team did some background checks on NEMGUN we decided it was best to focus our resources elsewhere.

Giving us some vague messages from a Skype chat with the sole reason of depicting someone as a bad person is just not enough. Things can easily be taken out of context. Especially if you had a lengthy conversation.

The very action of burring posts that try to resolve some issues with your project instead of providing answers that would prove them wrong in front of your entire community indicated about the possible intentions of your CEO.

https://enjincoin.io/enjincoin_whitepaper.pdf
Also you've got a book instead of whitepaper, where are the protocol, where are the details on how will your project work?  

So instead going personal, and fighting valued members of bitcointalk community,  prove us you're having a technical team, and explain us how will you integrate ethereum tokens into a gaming platform?

I trusted them because in the video call we had, the CTO told me that it was effectively idiot to use the ethereum hype and screw the reputation of enjin, and that maxim mistakenly choosed that path as he wanted to get the funds from it, he said he will talk with him about that idea knowing that it is as bad and dishonest behaviour.
In my message you will notice that i have been asked for advises and ideas, i don't try to force anyone to do anything, the unique condition is not to act like a scam, and to provide a viable project.
They offered to give me tokens, i refused, i don't do that for money, i do it for the community because i want cryptos to grow and be more accepted.
Try not to accuse people without viable informations.

This is the discussion in its real context :

I have been called around 3AM the day before, i was drunk, they started to talk about ethereum, i explained them that when someone releases an ICO without offering anything in return it is called a scam.
What is the definition of a scam ?

A scam is a result of a scheme made to gather funds from people by offering something in return, or by offering nothing.
In the case of a return offer, the team may be honest, while been scaming people because of the weakness of the project itself, been unable to deliver, Or by endangering the community and the users.
A scam doesn't means that you want to take money from people only, but that you created a scheme in order to gather as much as possible, and using these funds for different purposes.
A scam is about dishonest behaviour of the team.

The word scam means a lot of things, for example, in these screens you can see that their main concern is to protect the team, not the users :

I said that the best would be to provide a TOS who protects both the users and the team, as a concern for the users due to the rapid changes in the political scene of the cryptos. As i said, my main concern is about protecting the community while they don't seem to care about them, the crowdsale seems to be built to serve Enjin only.

People like escrows, and old members of the community like Lauda and Cryptodevil are here to protect the community, as a proof, you haven't taken the time to understand the community and the mechanisms, you had to buy an account to post images, you are not even part of this community. So please, try to be more professional and respectfull when you express yourself.
NewProject

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:34:57 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 08:59:37 AM by NewProject

I said that the best would be to provide a TOS who protects both the users and the team, as a concern for the users due to the rapid changes in the political scene of the cryptos. As i said, my main concern is about protecting the community while they don't seem to care about them, the crowdsale seems to be built to serve Enjin only.

People like escrows, and old members of the community like Lauda and Cryptodevil are here to protect the community, as a proof, you haven't taken the time to understand the community and the mechanisms, you had to buy an account to post images, you are not even part of this community. So please, try to be more professional and respectfull when you express yourself.

I see your own NVO token sale provided protection for both the users and team right?

https://blockchain.info/address/3AiGej11G8jUXvEBPvQKPLiHXC7ruUCp1Z (NVO Token Sale Escrow Address)

Total Received 3,405.38710067 BTC
Final Balance: 0.00272019 BTC

So where are all the remaining BTC supposed to be released over time after milestones were achieved gone?

From your own thread:

- 30% release at the end of the crowdsale.
- 30% at the delivery of the beta wallet and first API Cluster
- 30% At the delivery of the Beta Validator
- 10% At the delivery of the plugin system

The funds won't be released until the escrows
agree that a milestone has been reached

I see no BTC left in the escrow address but I don't see the address/es where the remaining BTC are held, I mean for transparency sake you should at least post the wallets containing those coins on the OP.
I see no other escrow address with any BTC available on your thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1917456.0

What happened then? Who's escrowing NVO's BTC now?

The last update on your blog was in June: https://medium.com/nvo-exchange not bad, well done keeping the community informed! Not even a post sale blogpost to say thank you to your contributors.
You raised the money now who cares about releasing some updates right?

How are you protecting both users and team? Come again? I didn't get that...

Cryptodevil, want to look into it? (Joke)

Lauda, you were one of the escrows... Know anything? (Joke #2)

I'm not saying NVO is a scam, but transparency-wise I've seen better, the information above should be clearly shown at least on your thread, website, or a blogpost.
Would be interesting to see the remaining BTC in an address. Look at your own turf before going criticizing someone else's.

Also you suggest Enjin they should create their own blockchain or that ERC-20 tokens are hypey...
When your own token is a Counterparty asset? LOL it takes two minutes to create. Such hard development went into that right?
I see mentions of eventually XCP will have smartcontracts on Bitcoin, payments channels, etc, which will be useful for NVO, etc...
That is quite a long time away (if it'll ever happen) if you know how things move on Counterparty, you could have created an ERC-20 token yourself and be able to use smart contracts right away.
And you shot yourselves in the foot with that because BTC Tx fees are quite high, imagine your users having to move tokens, ouch a little pricey.
Wouldn't an ERC-20 token been more convenient and cheaper? I guess you guys could not develop the smart contract for it and it costed quite a bit to get it made by someone else especially if you needed a sale contract on top of it too.

Enjin can actually benefit from being on Ethereum as it's ready for smart contracts (and what you can do with them) as well as cheaper for users and the team to use: very good business decision.

And your GitHub: https://github.com/nvoproject (empty, not one line of code). You guys have been very busy especially with development have to say. Smiley

So looks to me you found the easier way to create a token, when I thought you were such a good developer who can advise other teams.

You sound like very nice and polite on this thread, trying to give advice and protect the community.
However you were not so nice on the thread that Lauda created for you:

Thank you Lauda, i am really pleased to see the trusted legendaries of the community lets the developers talking freely, Bitcointalk have been made originally for developers, today it starts to be a small business, just because of spamers and scamers.

For reference, the old thread was : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2028112.0

Devs are spamers and trolls today, ignoring questions and closing threads. they prefer to use self-moderated threads to avoid the posts of intelligent people who have interesting questions to ask.

I think that Bitcointalk should remove the possibility to create self-moderated threads, as everyone have the right to give his opinion in a decentralized community, and this is the development, we never delet the history, we use it to learn from our mistakes.

A developer creates the future using his past mistakes.

I advise the good bounty hunters not to participate as their reputation could suffer because of these guys. Everything is recorded on Bitcointalk, and never deleted.

Thanks again Lauda to let the community express its opinion.

to avoid the posts of intelligent people who have interesting questions to ask. (LOL is that supposed to be you?)

Oh wow this is where Cryptodevil got the idea to threaten the signature campaigners with a negative rating. Did you tell him to do that? (Ouch!)

And the original thread that was taken over by NEMGUN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2028112.0

See how nice and unbiased he's been? Take some time to go through it if you want to know why Enjin created a moderated thread.
They were victims of NEMGUN intelligent posts.
WitekRadomski

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for gaming!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:48:23 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 06:53:26 PM by WitekRadomski

Nemgun, the system can be developed on Ethereum. While Stratis and Blockstream look cool, Ethereum works today. It has the largest developer community, great tools and adoption. We can develop sidechain functionality if we run into limitations or the planned Ethereum updates fall short of their promises. We are currently developing the smart contracts and creating specs for the API and SDK development and see a straightforward path to completion.

Your claims about needing a $400,000 TOS were insane. Where did you pull that number out of? We are working with our lawyer on a high-quality terms and conditions document (which will be ready soon).

We'll do the video next week. We'll be putting up our source code in the upcoming days, weeks and months. We'll continue providing detailed information and discussion in articles and forum posts.

I was hoping to spend my time on Bitcointalk interacting with an open and interesting community about our coin design but the last 4 weeks have been mind-numbing and hostile (see our original uncensored thread, if you still think that deleting posts caused all this - on the contrary, Nemgun appeared and started calling us prostitutes, making death threats, posting ridiculous images everywhere, saying he's a "god" compared to us. christ.).

I would rather be spending my time working on Enjin Coin and discussing the technology, challenges, and solutions here.

CTO, Enjin Coin - Smart cryptocurrency for gaming!
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:02:31 AM

I really don't want to be involved in this mess, but I feel obligated to chime because the Bitcoin Co-op is based in Vancouver, where Witek Radomski lives and is reasonably well-known to the local Bitcoin community. His wife has also been around for a long time, and she's prominent in the life extension movement, so it seems unlikely that her husband is doing something malicious. They're really more the quiet creative/nerdy type... they're also famous for designing a coloring book

My guess is that they moderated the thread because they were scared and didn't know what to do... I'm judging this based on the fact that he reached out to more than one person for advice. I didn't answer him quickly because I'm extremely overworked, so he charged ahead... I still need to learn more about their project for Blockchain Gaming. So I can't really vouch for the rest of their team or their model, but for now I'm comfortable giving positive trust to Witek individually

Thanks for that Smiley The Vancouver Bitcoin community is something special. Also I'd be happy to go over Enjin Coin sometime for Blockchain Gaming or do a talk later.

nemgun

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:50:43 AM

@NewProject

Hopefuly you posted the question on the NVO thread, i replied there.

Regarding the second part, i will ignore your posts as you constantly go off topic. You are a newbie, you don't know much even if you act like you know more, no problem.

@WitekRadomski

Ethereum is huge, vast, and i know the technology is really strong, a lot of features. You want ot use a small shard of it, an ERC20 token, with smart contracts. A side chain is a blockchain who can generate coins and smart contracts with different features.

Blockstream is Bitcoin, it is the best technology you will find around, 455 collaborators on github.

Let me resume what you offer in term of development with Enjin.

You want to list a token on your centralized platform for several millions of dollars. This is what i can't understand, it is your token and you imagine he have many functions while it is more limited compared to what you describe, without your false imagination you need the help of several investors to list your token on your platform, who is centralized.

No need to talk about the API or SDK development, the documentations are already done and provided by the ethereum community, you can also find cheatsheets on the decentralized ethereum exchanges.

The thing is that i don't see why does you required this amount while nothing you bring nothing, i know the reply, both you and maxim told me that it is to take advantage of the Ethereum hype.

You say that you are working on the specs of the smart contract, you can't go too far into its development as there are many limitations, you can't weigh the blockchain, it won't be usable, after a moment, you could reach hash collusion points. A smart contract is a tiny shard of the blockchain. However, in your whitepaper, you give blockchain features, thows we spoke about, while you use a tiny shard of what the blockchain have to offer which is impossible to realise.

Which resumes it to, several millions, to list your token on your platform.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:58:39 AM

I just read the OP and I personally completely agree with cryptodevil.

When someone has 7, 10 years of experience in something, they must have some sort of presence on the web right? It doesn't even need to be social media(but hey, any professional should have some sort of social media to showcase their resume, e.g. linkedin), it can be mentions in other projects and whatnot.

IMO this is something that is overlooked time and time again, people assume that these are real people, without searching up the names themselves. And more and more ICOs are starting to do this...

It's like hiring someone on fiver to do your video, and in use their photo. It's done, just search it up. Ponzi scammers use it all the time to make themselves seem legit.

BTW, why is the sig campaign still running? Why hasn't Decoded stopped running it, even though there are obvious indicators that this may be a scam? I wouldn't go as far as tagging everyone advertising for Enjincoin, but the manager has to stop running the campaign when legitimate suspicions like this arise.
NewProject

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:01:31 AM

@NewProject

Hopefuly you posted the question on the NVO thread, i replied there.

Regarding the second part, i will ignore your posts as you constantly go off topic. You are a newbie, you don't know much even if you act like you know more, no problem.

@WitekRadomski

Ethereum is huge, vast, and i know the technology is really strong, a lot of features. You want ot use a small shard of it, an ERC20 token, with smart contracts. A side chain is a blockchain who can generate coins and smart contracts with different features.

Blockstream is Bitcoin, it is the best technology you will find around, 455 collaborators on github.

Let me resume what you offer in term of development with Enjin.

You want to list a token on your centralized platform for several millions of dollars. This is what i can't understand, it is your token and you imagine he have many functions while it is more limited compared to what you describe, without your false imagination you need the help of several investors to list your token on your platform, who is centralized.

No need to talk about the API or SDK development, the documentations are already done and provided by the ethereum community, you can also find cheatsheets on the decentralized ethereum exchanges.

The thing is that i don't see why does you required this amount while nothing you bring nothing, i know the reply, both you and maxim told me that it is to take advantage of the Ethereum hype.

You say that you are working on the specs of the smart contract, you can't go too far into its development as there are many limitations, you can't weigh the blockchain, it won't be usable, after a moment, you could reach hash collusion points. A smart contract is a tiny shard of the blockchain. However, in your whitepaper, you give blockchain features, thows we spoke about, while you use a tiny shard of what the blockchain have to offer which is impossible to realise.

Which resumes it to, several millions, to list your token on your platform.

But this is off topic here NEMGUN, nobody wants to hear your suggestions for Enjin, let alone the Enjin team.
Why you keep repeating this? Shows you just want to keep discussing anything else but the fact that Enjin ain't a scam.

This thread was setup by Cryptodevil because there were two issues, 3 people with no online profiles and Enjin network traffic stats.
Now what? You are trying to convince them to change their plans?

Come on grow up and let it be. Look at your own project, uses Counterparty LOL Such blockchain token, much development!
Time to step aside and go back to your own business. I wonder if anyone else is of the same opinion...

This all started because of you. Are you obsessed with Enjin, are you having wet dreams about it?
NewProject

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:07:24 AM

When someone has 7, 10 years of experience in something, they must have some sort of presence on the web right? It doesn't even need to be social media(but hey, any professional should have some sort of social media to showcase their resume, e.g. linkedin), it can be mentions in other projects and whatnot.

IMO this is something that is overlooked time and time again, people assume that these are real people, without searching up the names themselves. And more and more ICOs are starting to do this...

It's like hiring someone on fiver to do your video, and in use their photo. It's done, just search it up. Ponzi scammers use it all the time to make themselves seem legit.

BTW, why is the sig campaign still running? Why hasn't Decoded stopped running it, even though there are obvious indicators that this may be a scam? I wouldn't go as far as tagging everyone advertising for Enjincoin, but the manager has to stop running the campaign when legitimate suspicions like this arise.

You just read the OP you didn't read the team comments, there is very good proof the team is real.
Just read the thread properly don't just read one side of the story.

It's all in this thread, nice and easy and well explained. And no a professional of even 20 years doesn't have to have an online account if they care about their privacy or they don't need it.
And no, these 3 people have Enjin's own forum accounts, Slack accounts, etc, with thousands of posts.
There's even a picture with Lilia holding a "Hello Bitcointalk" sign that matches the picture on the website as well as videos with her voice from 7 years ago.

The Enjin team said above they will be doing a hangout with their team members so everyone can see them live.
Hope that puts a stop to this nonsense. It's becoming silly now.

The signature campaign is still running because nobody believe the accusations, simple, and because the team has proved they are untrue even though there are still attempts at dragging this along.
People are not stupid, a successful company that exists since 9 years, that has millions of users, hundreds of gaming communities and it's one of the leaders in the space... It's not a scam.

Maybe you should look at the website before assuming: https://enjin.com
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:19:23 AM

You just read the OP you didn't read the team comments, there is very good proof the team is real.

It's all in this thread, nice and easy and well explained. And no a professional of even 20 years doesn't have to have an online account if they care about their privacy or they don't need it.
And no, these 3 people have Enjin's own forum accounts, Slack accounts, etc, with thousands of posts.
There's even a picture with Lilia holding a "Hello Bitcointalk" sign that matches the picture on the website as well as videos with her voice from 7 years ago.

The Enjin team said above they will be doing a hangout with their team members so everyone can see them live.

I did read the whole thread.

Explain then why this Lilia woman is a social media expert, but has no social media whatsoever? According to you, they don't need it. Oh wait. Their whole job revolves around social media! Best case scenario, she has been operating under a fake name. Worst case scenario, she is just a hired actor.

I'm not trying to hate on anyone. I'm just saying that this ICO for everything BS needs to be stopped. If they can provide proof that they are all part of the team plus all competent at what they do(e.g. proof that lilia is a social media expert) then awesome. I'll wish them luck with the ICO. But if the community decides to just give up criticizing ICOs for scammy or dodgy behaviour then people are just going to get scammed, and these shit ICOs are just going to keep popping up.

Why are you defending them? Look at your post history. You literally posted like 15 shitposts on offtopic in june and then come back alive and all of a sudden defending Enjincoin with long essays.
NewProject

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:23:07 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 12:15:17 PM by NewProject

Explain then why this Lilia woman is a social media expert, but has no social media whatsoever? According to you, they don't need it. Oh wait. Their whole job revolves around social media! Best case scenario, she has been operating under a fake name. Worst case scenario, she is just a hired actor.

I'm not trying to hate on anyone. I'm just saying that this ICO for everything BS needs to be stopped. If they can provide proof that they are all part of the team plus all competent at what they do(e.g. proof that lilia is a social media expert) then awesome. I'll wish them luck with the ICO. But if the community decides to just give up criticizing ICOs for scammy or dodgy behaviour then people are just going to get scammed, and these shit ICOs are just going to keep popping up.

Why are you defending them? Look at your post history. You literally posted like 15 shitposts on offtopic in june and then come back alive and all of a sudden defending Enjincoin with long essays.

I could say the same about you, why you are so convinced that Lilia needs to fake her identity? LOL
Are you an alt of one of the people accusing Enjin? I doubt you read the whole thread otherwise you could clearly see accusations are baseless.

And the team will do a hangout so worry not, the mystery will be solved. (If anyone still has doubts)

Hopefully the Enjin team and Lilia don't mind me posting her pics, again below.

Enjin's website picture:
https://i.imgur.com/x8MBVVg.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/Ddx0j7i.png

Lilia's hello to the forum:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/81/20170810_162322.jpg

They look very, very similar don't they? Maybe it's me only that sees the resemblance?

PS: I got so involved in this that I'd like to see it end eventually, everyone satisfied with Enjin's proofs and NEMGUN leaving them in peace. That's all.

Jacob70

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 01:49:55 PM

You clearly did not. Read my reply to Cryptodevil regarding who handles our marketing and social media. Go on http://www.enjin.com/forums and ask who Lilia is. Go ahead, I dare you. Thousands of users know who she is on Enjin, or are you going to assume that they are fake too now? Btw she is on linkedin now: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lilia-pritchard-30b2b2148/

Your bias is clearly showing and to even suggest pausing the signature campaign is downright ridiculous (stop hurting the community with your flawed mindset). Don't fall into the Nemgum mental trap of delusions, or is he paying you too? The more truth that is uncovered by this community the more clarity is opened towards who the real scammers are here: Nemgum, cryptodevil, lauda you should be ashamed of your actions and corrupt attitude. You now only bring toxicity to this community and allowing the real scammer get away. Anyone who spends any time reading this thread and the other threads Nemgum defaced will come to this conclusion. It's obvious and evident now.

Nengum, why did you repeatedly ask Witek to have our C# developer help you develop the NVO project? I suspect the NVO project is in deep deep trouble, no recent updates, no code commits, all you do is spend your entire day trolling and bullying people online. Focus on being a positive member of this community instead of just an empty shell of hate. Get over the rejection, not everyone wants to work with someone like you.
nemgun

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 04:01:41 PM

You clearly did not. Read my reply to Cryptodevil regarding who handles our marketing and social media. Go on http://www.enjin.com/forums and ask who Lilia is. Go ahead, I dare you. Thousands of users know who she is on Enjin, or are you going to assume that they are fake too now? Btw she is on linkedin now: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lilia-pritchard-30b2b2148/

Your bias is clearly showing and to even suggest pausing the signature campaign is downright ridiculous (stop hurting the community with your flawed mindset). Don't fall into the Nemgum mental trap of delusions, or is he paying you too? The more truth that is uncovered by this community the more clarity is opened towards who the real scammers are here: Nemgum, cryptodevil, lauda you should be ashamed of your actions and corrupt attitude. You now only bring toxicity to this community and allowing the real scammer get away. Anyone who spends any time reading this thread and the other threads Nemgum defaced will come to this conclusion. It's obvious and evident now.

Nengum, why did you repeatedly ask Witek to have our C# developer help you develop the NVO project? I suspect the NVO project is in deep deep trouble, no recent updates, no code commits, all you do is spend your entire day trolling and bullying people online. Focus on being a positive member of this community instead of just an empty shell of hate. Get over the rejection, not everyone wants to work with someone like you.

You are insulting by pretending that i pay people, lauda, cryptodevil, even this guy, i never heard about. As a community member everyone checks for the different project, it is the proff of everyone's experience on the forum, for enjin you had to buy an account who was supposed to post images, and now you play the different accounts, it is ridiculous, and disordered.
Lauda and Cryptodevil are some of the forum's pioneers, Lauda is in D2, it is not that easy to get that rank in bitcointalk, and have been a moderator in this forum, Lauda have a long experience of the crypto world, he is one of the operators of the IRC channel #bitcoin to let you have an idea about his importance in the crypto world.

Regarding your developers, i never asked for your help for NVO, we don't need it and NVO is going well, you want to compare our projects ? even the most famous exchanges wants to be decentralized because of the regulation and all the problems brought with it. NVO works the same way, a fully decentralized project, like Bitcoin. While Enjin is an ERC20 token working for a centralized company, we spoke about the price of the TOS, I gave an approximation as it is not my domain, and you corrected me on that point and i agreed with you. On my side, on a decentralized point of view, you don't need a TOS when you download a decentralized client, as you don't need TOS when you download the Bitcoin client.

I asked to know the languages used by your developer in order to give guidances about the right technology to use, to fork, libraries, daemons communications ... I was even ready to support financially this developer with my personal funds as long as it is for a good decentralized project. As everyone in this forum, or people who know well the cryptos will tell you that it is far better to work with a fully decentralized platform instead of a token, or a semi-centralized process.

Have a look at NVO : https://youtu.be/Tgb5Z1Zb5OM

I made this video for you, we are far above in the technology and advancement, you want to list an ERC20 token on your centralized platform, so you ask people to help you list your token, on your platform, it is totally banal. Even compared to your competitors, other gaming platforms.

Faceit : http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/faceit.com
Enjin : http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/enjin.com

You can check the difference, i am not talking about steam, in this case, enjin is looking for the game developers, and the reverse. Enjin said that it took advantage of the Minecraft hype which explains the growth, but at the same time, you have a lot of games with about 2M users, which means that it is not reliable for the game developers, they will better sign with platforms who can bring 20M users to their game.
You had 2M unique visitors over a month, the question is, how many simultaneous gamers are using your platform, or, do you have enough simultaneous players in order to attract the interest of the next game developers.

The coin who have to be used to buy items and other stuff have a too high price. You can check faceit who already have experience with that, gloves worth 5$ are sold for 10k face, which sets the price around 0.0005$. And as i said, they have a better experience in that field, needless to mention that your users will need ethereum in their wallet which complicates it more.
Since you decided to move from 66% to 80%, it rises the collected amount to around 32M, your 20% are not included in the calculation i think you should list it on yobit and forget about it, it is the most expencive token listing i ever seen in my life.

Understand that this community have a brain. I don't advise you to insult reputable members of the community, you bought an account, you are new, it is not a problem, but don't insult people.
nemgun

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 04:19:16 PM

I forgot to mention, i though about Stratis because of your c# dev, it have nothing to do with Solidity (ethereum). Once again, i never needed your developer for NVO, maybe you understand now why i said Stratis, regarding bitcoin, it is in C++, most of the c# devs know about c++.
Maximb

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:39:06 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 11:59:28 AM by Maximb

Let me make 3 last important points on this thread. If you wish to talk further about Enjin Coin, I welcome anyone here to join us in the official thread.
Let’s start with traffic comparison to put things into perspective:

Point #1 Enjin is 5 times bigger in traffic than Bitcointalk.org:

See the Evidence here:

Bitcointalk https://www.quantcast.com/bitcointalk.org?qcLocale=en_US (US RANK 5011)
vs
Enjin https://www.quantcast.com/p-e2f9QTuI7ynec (US RANK 1003)
and that is not counting the mobile traffic we receive since launching our Mobile apps here and here.

OP how do you think we grew to be 5 times bigger than Bitcointalk (the largest crypto forum in the world)? Everyone on the team worked hard to make it happen.

Let’s move on to more facts:

* 18.6 million gamers
* 250,000 Gaming Communities
* 54.1 Million Global views in last 30 days (Jul 13 2017 to Aug 11 2017)

Check our Features here: https://www.enjin.com/features
Check the communities that use Enjin: https://www.enjin.com/communities

Point #2 Enjin Coin does not need Enjin. Enjin is just a huge supplementary bonus to Enjin Coin. An established business of 9 years and provides Enjin Coin a huge gaming market to initiate instant adoption in. Enjin Coin and the Enjin Coin Platform is for all gaming entities and will expand far beyond Enjin itself.

Our whitepaper defines exactly why and how we’re making this crowdsale. It will be up to investors to judge us on that merit. We’re very confident in our ability to execute and with extensive experience in this industry, we know what problems to solve.

Point #3 Enjin is bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses, focusing on world-wide adoption, to make it easily accessible for your average gamer and gives them the benefits of the entire ecosystem. We have been building features and tools for 9 years, we are solving real problems. We don’t expect everyone to understand the intricacies of a gaming community, which is why our white paper has detailed some of the problems that this will solve, and yet OP did not properly read this, or even ONCE discussed any of the features of Enjin Coin. Enjin Coin solves problems within the gaming space and adds on an amazing adoption plan (Enjin) that most ICOs do not have.

If you have criticism that is legitimate, we are more than happy to discuss these and gain knowledge and insight from a respected community as this, but at this stage, it appears nothing but a few members ganging up because one person didn’t have his opinion taken on board and he’s throwing a tantrum (and was rewarded for his toxic behavior). We would like to see the real side of Bitcointalk please.

Let’s understand what Enjin is proposing, and complete proper due diligence, including visiting the links that have been provided throughout this thread. Stop throwing around and repeating loose accusations that have no merit and have all been completely destroyed.

The team at Enjin will be working hard to achieve our development plan, and we look forward to interacting with real authentic members of this community.

CEO - Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:08:40 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 04:20:57 AM by ObscurePen

Heck, he was even censored from the signature campaign thread (I think).

Cryptodevil's post on the signature campaign thread threatened (in red text) to rate everyone in the campaign with negative trust. That's basically bullying and because of that it was deleted:

@CryptoDevil: Not only is it bullying the members of the signature campaign, but such a post is highly advantageous for your cause as it is just an open threat that is meant to deter people from joining the campaign and encourage them to leave the campaign. I can tell you right now that you would not dare to give negative trust to any of the members without giving them a proper warning and proving that Enjin coin is truly a scam. If you did give members negative trust without a proper warning, that would cause a backlash in the Bitcointalk community and destroy your reputation. And if these allegations that you are working with Nemgun to destroy Enjin coin’s reputation (mind you I am not saying that these accusations are true; they may be as baseless as your accusation against Enjin coin) then this is evidenced in this post. So to prevent people from suspecting that Enjin coin is a scam coin (let’s say that Enjin coin is not a scam coin as it has not been proven yet), John70 deleted the post. Moreover, I would also like to point out that there is no rule against deleting posts in a moderated thread. Everything that John70 did is completely within the forum parameters. So I have no idea why you have chosen to charge user “John70” with negative trust for that. I don’t that is fair on the Enjin coin team.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:02:02 AM

Heck, he was even censored from the signature campaign thread (I think).

Cryptodevil's post on the signature campaign thread threatened (in red text) to rate everyone in the campaign with negative trust. That's basically bullying and because of that it was deleted:

@CryptoDevil: Not only is it bullying the members of the signature campaign, but such a post is highly advantageous for your cause as it is just an open threat that is meant to deter people from joining the campaign and encourage them to leave the campaign. I can tell you right now that you would not dare to give negative trust to any of the members without giving them a proper warning and proving that Enjin coin is truly a scam. If you did give members negative trust without a proper warning, that would cause a backlash in the Bitcointalk community and destroy your reputation. And if these allegations that you are working with Nemgun to destroy Enjin coin’s reputation (mind you I am not saying that these accusations are true; they may be as baseless as your accusation against Enjin coin) then this is evidenced in this post. So to prevent people from suspecting that Enjin coin is a scam coin (let’s say that Enjin coin is not a scam coin as it has not been proven yet), John70 deleted the post. Moreover, I would also like to point out that there is no rule against deleting posts in a moderated thread. Everything that John70 did is completely within the forum parameters. So I have no idea why you have chosen to charge user “John70” with negative trust for that. I don’t that is fair on the Enjin coin team.

I agree with you. I prefer to be neutral on this thread, because these accusations have not been proven so i am skeptic.
Deleting posts is pretty shady however always (if the messages are not spammy), and i hope enjincoin team stop doing this, because it is not very liked on the forum.
I personally think that Cryptodevil is kind of threating people for the wrong reasons. I hope the situation gets solved quickly, so i can continue with peace of mind.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:41:32 PM

Hey guys, I'd like to input my two cents. You may have seen on the front page one of my forum posts embedded in someone's deleted post. I am an active user of Enjin (though not nearly as much as I used to be- more on that below) and also one of the first to express my doubts about the project.

Now, from an investing standpoint- I think Enjincoin is a terrible investment. I don't think Enjin will be able to market or even make their userbase (who are gamers and children, not crypto enthusiasts) acknowledge Enjincoin. I think their plan for adoption by giving Enjincoin to communities is going to fail- I think many communities are going to have buyback programs for the Enjincoins they hand out, where players can trade back the coin they earn for incentives within the community- thus defeating the purpose of having players actually use and trade the coin.

With that being said, I do not think it's fair at all to consider this project a scam. While I'm personally cynically on the need for an Enjincoin to achieve these purposes, I think the team of this project is more than legitimate, and I think the product they set to create is easily tangible and will come to fruition. I could not say this about 95%+ of recent and current ICO projects.

In regards to the dropping playerbase, I can attest firsthand to, in my opinion, what is leading to this decline. The people who used to play Minecraft are not the same as the ones who play now, and those who play now play differently. What I mean is, all the servers millions of people were playing 3-7 years ago all shut down, and they all used enjin. To give you a firsthand example, this is the enjin community for a server I primarily played on for many years. Notice how the home page has over a million impressions. Thousands of people played on here. http://thesavagerealms.enjin.com/ It's been down since 2014 I believe. This isn't a standalone incident. All the popular servers (a majority of whom used Enjin) have been overtaken by a more casual brand of Minecraft, one which does not really sustain any forum activity. Beyond this, the few popular servers modeled after the old ones I've run across have implemented their own dedicated forums. This can be attributed to more professional servers (popular minecraft servers make millions of dollars, which has translated into more professionals being on board server teams) which have the resources to build their own websites and forums. With that being said, there are still popular servers that use Enjin. Here is one I play on from time to time: http://www.dungeonrealms.net/home

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that although I'm very skeptical of Enjincoin from a financial standpoint, I'm not sure if it's fair to accuse it of being a scam. This is a company with millions of users that has been around for about a decade. I'm not sure if that could be said about any other ICO team to date.

Here's proof of my enjin account, which I've been using for maybe 6 or so years: https://www.enjin.com/profile/1221375/wall?sesstoken=7b4aa4bda749fb6730c6d73e0180a09f
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:06:30 AM

Hi jeffthebaker,

Thank you for the feedback, and using Enjin Smiley Let me respond to your points.

We want to make a useful token that isn't just hoarded but one that can be used, for things like virtual game items, privilege / access tokens, community rewards and as a currency to trade for other virtual items. There's a lot of "hodling" and "betting" already done in other cryptocurrencies - we want to focus on the challenge of giving ENJ users and other gamers thousands of different ways to use the token.

There are endless possibilities in gaming! It's finally an ecosystem where cryptocurrency can be used practically. The key to adoption will be providing easy to use toolsets and platforms to everyone. The blockchain currencies for gamers haven't even scratched the surface imho, which is why we're creating Enjin Coin. The system of minting items with reserve value in ENJ is incredibly flexible.

Here is a fun example. We've recently partnered with IEBC (the Integrated Engineering
Blockchain Consortium) to explore what can be done with Minecraft (Industrialcraft) + Enjin Coin items to create simulations of the engineering process. IEBC is publishing some articles in the coming weeks describing how using Enjin Coin with plugins like this can create a process to incentivize bright future engineers who were born and raised in massively-networked online environments. They believe that these hive networks of players can do it better than the archaic 8-level management hierarchies in engineering. It reminds me of the book Ender's Game Smiley https://www.enjin.com/partners/iebc

We are reaching out to many game developers with the goal of finding cool new gameplay mechanics that would be well-suited for Enjin Coin game assets. Just imagine the possibilities in bringing your inventory across to different games and servers and having some continuity. It might sound like a long-shot when you think of game currencies as simply "buying vanity items with coins", but we see a lot more potential here.

Regarding ages, our largest active demographic is in the 18-25 age group (2017) and there is a very large number of users in the over-25 age groups. These groups would be very open to cryptocurrency and are usually technically-savvy.

The Enjin Coin platform and toolsets will be integrated into keys parts of Enjin (mainly the rewards system, forum votes, automations and Virtual Stores) and won’t present any hurdles in getting started. We want to make it fun and incredibly easy to use in the end, so anyone can start minting and managing custom tokens and items.

Finally, while you may see some buy-back initially for game server incentives, this is actually a good thing. It is the seeds for an economy. We're not simply randomly distributing coins to communities, we're going to be working closely with game developers and game communities to build interesting gameplay mechanics, rewards, and items using Enjin Coin. The good ideas will stick, and we can continue developing features and frameworks around what works.

If you have any further comments or ideas, let’s continue in the official thread.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: