Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 10:31:17 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrest and other details.  (Read 3174 times)
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1092

GPG Key-ID: B82BA7E1 | I don't use skype.

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:21:22 PM

Hi,

I would like tell you about my arrest and defend myself from those accusations. I would like to inform you about my past as well.

My profile
I'm pankaj bhardwaj from Ghaziabad (Which comes under Delhi NCR Region) India. Most you guys know me as escrow.ms or escrowmsa from localbitcoins. I've been buying and selling bitcoins from 2013 on localbitcoins.com (My profile) and on bitcointalk as well. I was working with coinsecure.in from 2014. I was an active trader on localbitcoins, buying and selling bitcoins for Bank Transfer and Cash. You can see my profile I have 3000+ Trades done with over 800 clients.Mostly via direct face 2 face deals and never received a single complaint from my customers or anyone else. (Removed unnecessary details.)

Details about my arrest and news

Whatever you've read in news was false and made up by police to receive reward and recognition from their seniors. They made it like a big criminal was arrested.

Details about Sumier shaikh and his transactions:He called me in 2015 and started buying bitcoins and was a regular customer. Since he was buying bitcoins from his bank account I never asked him to provide me his ID proof but I did his background verification and found nothing except that he used to run a restaurant in mumbai. He stopped buying after shifting to dubai. He called me again in Jan 2016 and asked me arrange cash deal as he was unable to transfer funds via bank. He informed me about angadiya process told me he will be sending cash from mumbai to delhi and since he was a good customer before I agreed to him. He transferred 14.5 lac rupees via Angadiya and 9+5 Lac rupees via bank. Bitcoin price was fluctuating alot in that period so I told him to wait for few days as It was not easy to get bitcoins of that amount in cash. I sent him webmoney and bitcoins for his bank transfers and was holding his cash since he used to bargain for even 1 rupees. He was constantly pressurizing me to sell him bitcoins and told me he needs to make some payments and  his client his pressurizing him.

It went for several days and then one day he sent 4.5 lac rupees more via Angadiya and asked me to pickup that money. I called angadiya and he said he didn't received any money from mumbai. After some hours he called me again and said mumbai angadiya guy was arrested. I immediately called sumier and asked him about it. He told me the guy who was sending money was was involved some fraud and I shouldn't worry about that as he will sort it out himself. He never told me what really happened. After 2 days I got call from angadiya guy and he asked me to pickup funds but since I was already worried, I told him to transfer that money back to Mumbai but he said You have to pick these funds. He started asking my address etc so I blocked him. I told sumier to sortout things with angadiya guy himself as I won't be going there to pick any money and I will be holding his cash untill everything is sorted out and I'm satisfied that everything is fine.

Arrest

7 people came at my house on 8th Feburary 2016 at 10:20AM along with angadiya guy and started abusing me and my family. They told us it is a join operation of mumbai police and delhi police and that I did a crime and was being arrested for stealing money from many bank accounts. I told them about my business and my details and after some discussion they asked me from whom I was getting money, I told them about sumier and also told them I am holding his cash (which was my biggest mistake). I gave them 14.5 lac rupees immediately and they took me and my brother to a police station and kept us there for whole day. in evening they told me I need to sign few papers written in Marathi language(I don't know marathi) and only one of us will be going back to home. I begged them to free my brother as he was not involved in my trades. They told us that delhi police is asking 2.5 lac rupees to free my brother and they will deduct it from the money I gave them. They told me to keep quite about it in front of senior police officer. I agreed, After few hours my brother was freed but they kept me there for whole night. After midnight they called me and asked me to strip and give all the things I have like my purse and mobile etc. They slapped me as I was unable to tell them the name of my grandfathers home where I never went in my whole life.

They took out me in morning (9th of feb) and I was served to Joint Police commissioner of delhi and few journalist (I was so traumatized that I never noticed them). He asked me to tell about my past and I did and I was sent back to my cell. I was sent to mumbai (A city I've never been before) in the night and was told that they will be taking 3.5 Lac rupees from remaining funds and I need to stay quiet in front of seniors otherwise they will beat me and make my case tough for me (Reached mumbai on 10th feb 5:30pm ) and was presented in mumbai court on 11th feb (Charges: IPC 420,34 and IT Act 66c) and denied bail as main accused (sumier shaikh) was still absconding. I was sent to Taloja Jail on 18th of feb under judicial custody as a undertrial prisoner. I was there for week then Surat police came to mumbai jail and took me to surat as this was also registered in surat. I was charged with IPC 380 and 34 (Common Intention). I got bail in 15 days but had to spent a month as I was being transferred back to mumbai jail.

I am sure you will be confused by the connection between three different cities.
Delhi is my home city.  
Mumbai: Cash was sent from mumbai and one accused was arrested by police.
Surat: This is where the main crime was commited. According to police,the guy who was arrested in mumbai redhanded while withdrawing funds from debit cards was stealing money from Surat IDBI Bank customers.

Both cities or states where I've spent my incarceration period are 1300+ KM Away from my home and I've never been there before my arrest.

Ps: My only crime was to sell bitcoins to a person without asking his source of money and I believe I've gotten my punishment by spending 13 months in Jail. I've suffered a lot and my family suffered more. I was never involved in a crime and will never be. I've spent a long time in bitcoin community and always tried to spread awareness about bitcoins in India. I would like you to consider these things and remove you negative feedbacks or if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

If you want to know about Indian prison conditions and what I have suffered for 13 months, Please read this article http://ispsquash.com/MCOCA_Jail.HTM

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Bhardwaj

Please click here to know why I have negative feedback. https://21.co/escrow/
Tip address: 1nPfxnncZqWvVP4UHT6XLfNzfaik7akQS
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 994

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:01:12 PM

Hey Pankaj,the accusations apart but I can feel all the pain you'd have to go through in that phase.Being someone who is extremely familiar with the laws and how Bombay Police works,I can be sure you're telling the truth.The transfer between the jails in different cities to make the process harder and bribe as much cash as possible isn't something new.
I tell you a funny story,couple of days back,son of Haryana's MLA got arrested for attempt to rape the daughter of an IAS officer midnight.Funny part is,he was released with no charges in the morning.
Imagine,you got to jail for weeks when involved in a money laundering issues meanwhile son of politicians are free over-night of attempting to rape charges,That's how the law works around there.Whatever the cause maybe,do you still have cases on you ? Are you free of all the charges ? Btw the story that we all know was you were arrested as involved with Daud Abrahim's gang for robbing ATM's for cash and converting the same cash into bitcoins which were sent to Dubai and converted to fiat again.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO             
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:07:23 PM

Whatever the cause maybe,do you still have cases on you ? Are you free of all the charges ? Btw the story that we all know was you were arrested as involved with Daud Abrahim's gang for robbing ATM's for cash and converting the same cash into bitcoins which were sent to Dubai and converted to fiat again.

My Trial hasn't started yet, It will take at least 3-4 months more. I was not involved with anyone and everything was exaggerated by delhi police. I was a bitcoin trader and I was buying and selling bitcoins. What my clients do before buying bitcoins or afterward was none of my business. I never asked them questions. What most people fail to see is my trade history, I've been been trading since 2012 and had lots of clients. If one guy out of 800 turns out as a criminal, does that makes me a criminal too?

Ps: Thanks for understanding.

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:34:54 AM

Wow, that is one hell of an ordeal.   I wish you the best and hope you receive some treatment for the psychological distress you endured during your jail stay.    Obviously only you and the people involved know the entire truth, but if your story is indeed true, I have a great deal of sympathy and hope the trial ends in your favor.

Quickseller
Legendary

Activity: 1232

#PathOfTotality

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 03:34:50 AM

I'm not a fraud or scammer and I have never stolen a penny from anyone.
I don't think this matters around here, unfortunately.

I am sorry you are going through all of this. This place has really turned into an unhealthy place to spend a lot of your time. I get that you value your reputation, but I would honestly be surprised it will ever recover, even if you are found not guilty in court. I have been making an effort to spend less time around here, as I think a lot has changed for the worse over the years.

Even with a bad reputation here, I would suspect that you can continue to trade on LBC and elsewhere if that is what you wanted to do.

Good luck with your court case, I hope in the end, you get what you believe to be a fair outcome. It is unfortunate that the court system in many countries is effectively corrupt.

I hope that your psychological problems can be helped and resolved.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 1666

GUNBOT Licenses -10% with ref. code 'GrumpyKitty'

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 06:01:33 AM

I am not interested in the personal story, but will watch and see how others handle this and would likely follow the *will of the majority*. Good luck.
Note: I am only posting here since you've sent me a PM.

▄██████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████████
████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀████████████████████
Bazista®
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██

██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
|||
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:10:51 AM

I'm not a fraud or scammer and I have never stolen a penny from anyone.
I don't think this matters around here, unfortunately.

I am sorry you are going through all of this. This place has really turned into an unhealthy place to spend a lot of your time. I get that you value your reputation, but I would honestly be surprised it will ever recover, even if you are found not guilty in court. I have been making an effort to spend less time around here, as I think a lot has changed for the worse over the years.

Even with a bad reputation here, I would suspect that you can continue to trade on LBC and elsewhere if that is what you wanted to do.

Good luck with your court case, I hope in the end, you get what you believe to be a fair outcome. It is unfortunate that the court system in many countries is effectively corrupt.

I hope that your psychological problems can be helped and resolved.

Thank you, I know it's hard to convince people and it's more hard to prove them that they are wrong. But I will continue to do so because I did not commited the crime. I know I can continue to do trading or could have started fresh but why should I. It affects me a lot because I am innocent.

I have given enough proofs to all the people who have given negative feedback and I would request them to consider about it. If they don't want to remove their feedback they can change it to a neutral.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:21:45 AM

I am not interested in the personal story, but will watch and see how others handle this and would likely follow the *will of the majority*. Good luck.
Note: I am only posting here since you've sent me a PM.

Thank you.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:30:08 AM

Wow, that is one hell of an ordeal.   I wish you the best and hope you receive some treatment for the psychological distress you endured during your jail stay.    Obviously only you and the people involved know the entire truth, but if your story is indeed true, I have a great deal of sympathy and hope the trial ends in your favor.

Thank you so much,I really appreciate it. I tried not to put any detail of my ordeal here as I don't want people to think I'm looking for sympathy. I could have posted minute by minute details of my time spent in jail. I haven't forgotten it. It's all in my head but it's irrevelent here.

JDacer

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:11:16 AM

your in jail now?
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:06:37 AM

your in jail now?

The guy literally said they were released, so why, being such a blind, are you asking a stupid question here?
Pankaj, my sincere kind-hearted love to you brother as the place where you live, I know very well how tough it is to deal with situations there and when you get stuck, they just drag your family members too into this without any involvement of them. One of my colleagues went there and was arrested due to some misconceptions and got a bail after giving $2500 cash to the officer who arrested them. Such a shame that people like these are holding these high statuses and none can do anything against them. I feel pity for you but proud to see the way you dealt with the situations bravely.

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:39:31 PM

your in jail now?

No I'm not. I secured bail from lower court and was released in April.

Slow death

Activity: 644

Need a Campaign Manager? https://goo.gl/qpZyp7

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:46:14 PM

If you did not steal anyone here in the forum and you do not seem to have stolen anyone in real life then i think it would be fair for people to remove negative feedack

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:08:46 PM

If you did not steal anyone here in the forum and you do not seem to have stolen anyone in real life then i think it would be fair for people to remove negative feedack

Thanks and I did not. Whatever funds I had, I have given them immediately but they faked my arrest place.
I was arrested on 8th of feb from my home but in news it's 9th and according to them I was arrested from India Gate (I've never seen India gate).

They made it like money was recovered not handed over to them willfully. They could have taken my help to catch the real culprit but they just needed money and a scrapegoat, nothing else. After my arrest no investigation was done and sumair shaikh's family wasn't interrogated as he paid a large sum to shut their mouth.

Slow death

Activity: 644

Need a Campaign Manager? https://goo.gl/qpZyp7

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:42:09 PM

I was arrested on 8th of feb from my home but in news it's 9th and according to them I was arrested from India Gate (I've never seen India gate).

This doesn't surprise me, journalists defend their jobs, even if it means publishing something false they will publish it

After my arrest no investigation was done

the real culprit still free?

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:13:51 PM

the real culprit still free?

Yes, "Sumier Shaikh" He is a Indian citizen but hiding in dubai.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 994

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:06:25 AM

I have been thinking about the situation for a while and I'm surprised you haven't mentioned anything about the lawyer ? Did you have your lawyer ? If yes,why didn't they bail you out or did whatever it takes to not let you rot in the cell for 13 months assuming you were never guilty ? Don't tell me you used a Government lawyer.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO             
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 1344

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:22:36 PM

My concern is that, even if your explanation of events is true and that you were not aware you were receiving stolen money and effectively laundering it for bitcoin, you've still got a court case to get through and you're now on the radar of law enforcement as somebody who they can shakedown at the drop of a hat.

Essentially the reality is that you could be in the middle of a legitimate trade in the future and get locked up before you can complete.

Whatever your intentions may be there is a real risk of a trade going bad and people who deal with you do need to understand this.

I'd rather wait for the outcome of the court case to be known. No matter how innocent you claim to be, you are facing charges which make you somebody who is very high risk to trade with at this time.

Warning! Multiple ICO scams being launched through bot-posting forum threads, bought/hacked accounts and fake team profiles
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:00:35 PM

My concern is that, even if your explanation of events is true and that you were not aware you were receiving stolen money and effectively laundering it for bitcoin, you've still got a court case to get through and you're now on the radar of law enforcement as somebody who they can shakedown at the drop of a hat.

Essentially the reality is that you could be in the middle of a legitimate trade in the future and get locked up before you can complete.

Whatever your intentions may be there is a real risk of a trade going bad and people who deal with you do need to understand this.

I'd rather wait for the outcome of the court case to be known. No matter how innocent you claim to be, you are facing charges which make you somebody who is very high risk to trade with at this time.

If that's your main concern I would like to inform you I'm not into trading anymore and please tell why people like Charlie shrem are still doing business and considered as top bitcoin personalities. Isn't he was also charged with money laundering? isn't he went to jail? I can give you 1000 examples like this. Would you still say the same thing?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 1666

GUNBOT Licenses -10% with ref. code 'GrumpyKitty'

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 01:02:40 PM

I forgot to archive the list of people that neg. rated you, so here it is. I want to keep track as to who removed/changed theirs. Thanks for not PM-ing me anymore.

My concern is that, even if your explanation of events is true..
I doubt that there is a way for us to know with 100% certainty that the story (as told by OP) is true.

If that's your main concern I would like to inform you I'm not into trading anymore and please tell why people like Charlie shrem are still doing business and considered as top bitcoin personalities.
Charlie Shrem has served his sentence. Your court case is on-going. Massive difference there.

▄██████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████████
████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀████████████████████