Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e account speculation thread  (Read 1774 times)
Zhongjunkun

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:24:55 AM

I have $30000 in my account, and I hope btc-e will keep it
guy_wonderful

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Working 24 hours a day isn't enough anymore.

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:30:42 PM

BTC-E UPDATE ENGLISH
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

Don't put all your hopes in a revival of this exchange. Healthy speculation is however a good way to stay positive. It's depressing enough for those who probably lost hundreds or more BTC on this exchange. Given the massive penalties imposed by the US authorities, it's almost impossible to recover losses 1:1. If you're lucky, you might get a certain percentage back. If.

And if they do recover and reestablish themselves as an exchange, trust will be the operative word. Gaining it will require an enormous effort to fight the stigma of being labeled a rogue exchange and the disdainful way they treated customers. They were known for showing contempt to their customers, for making it difficult for their customers to access their money, for being dishonest... well, evil begets karma. Scammers on this forum seem to forget that.

figmentofmyass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:01:16 PM

we have a more substantive update from btc-e. the service will be launched on btc-e.nz, where users can login, check their balances, and change password/2fa token if necessary. this should occur in the next 3 days, if i am reading their update correctly.

this won't be the actual domain for the new service. that hasn't been announced yet. launch of the new domain and withdrawals are expected to occur by september 15 at the latest.

since balance recalculation formulas have not been decided yet, i assume we will see our original balances when btc-e.nz is brought online. either way, since accounts can be logged into (and therefore traded at that point), the btc-e account market should be opening in the next few days.

here is the update (google translate):

The launch of the service will take place in 3 stages.

At the first stage, the old company (with which you have signed an offer contract) will prepare and transfer to the new company digital personal data of users, in full compliance with the European directives on personal data and in compliance with European legislation in this field.

Terms of transfer until 15.09.2017

In the second stage, the licensed financial investment company, assumes the task of restructuring the digital assets of the new company and registering digital data of users at home.

In the third stage, the licensed financial investment company will audit and register personal data in accordance with AML laws and KYC identification procedures.

In the future, this financial company will operate under its financial license both digital and monetary data.

In parallel with the legal issue of restructuring, users will be given the opportunity to check the integrity of the digital balance in the user's account, and users will be able to make changes in the security of the account. For chat and support, chat will be available.

For these purposes, the service will be launched on the old domain (btc-e.nz). You will be able to log in and check your balance before recounting.

Term before 02.09.2017

Since there is a risk of third-party access to account accounts and to protect users' digital balances, it is highly recommended that you update the security and identification settings. Instructions for these actions will be duplicated by a separate news item.

The helpdesk system will be operated by the licensed financial company after the start of the digital data transfer procedure. After starting the service from the financial company and in case you have difficulties with entering the account or there are inaccuracies in the balance, you can get help and answers through the ticket system.

The following information update will be released on 01/09/2017

If you have any questions we are ready to answer them.

How will the balances be recalculated?
This information will be published in the next updates.

What is the domain for the new service and what is the financial company?
This information will be published before September 15, 2017

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:03:51 PM

And if they do recover and reestablish themselves as an exchange, trust will be the operative word. Gaining it will require an enormous effort to fight the stigma of being labeled a rogue exchange and the disdainful way they treated customers. They were known for showing contempt to their customers, for making it difficult for their customers to access their money, for being dishonest... well, evil begets karma. Scammers on this forum seem to forget that.

Well, there is another thing that a lot people here seem to ignore now there are signs that this exchange will relaunch. Important to note are the allegations of them being involved in the massive MtGox theft back in the days. I don't believe the US will just leave the freshly relaunched exchange alone without trying to shut that one down as well. From that point the question will not be will they come back, but how long they will remain operational. I have 1 BTC stuck in there, and if offered the chance, I'll immediately withdraw my 0.55 BTC and from there think about what my plan will be with the remaining '0.45 BTC' in BTCT.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:44:47 PM

Well, there is another thing that a lot people here seem to ignore now there are signs that this exchange will relaunch. Important to note are the allegations of them being involved in the massive MtGox theft back in the days. I don't believe the US will just leave the freshly relaunched exchange alone without trying to shut that one down as well. From that point the question will not be will they come back, but how long they will remain operational. I have 1 BTC stuck in there, and if offered the chance, I'll immediately withdraw my 0.55 BTC and from there think about what my plan will be with the remaining '0.45 BTC' in BTCT.

If they relaunch, it will create an extremely interesting situation. Yes, this means that the US government is highly motivated to take them down. However, I think it will take quite some time. If the exchange relaunches, the US government will be humiliated on multiple fronts: in that case, not only did they not announce seizure of funds, but they couldn't actually take down the exchange.

It took them 7+ months just to unseal the indictment; they probably investigated them for 1-2 years prior. If they spent this amount of time and money on a complete blunder, I think they'll spend considerably more time doing it right the second time around. And I think that playing cat-and-mouse with domains like torrent sites would only make the US government look powerless.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: