Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin mining profitability calculator  (Read 1044 times)
MonkeyBusiness (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:37:07 PM

Hi
I tried to find altcoin mining profitability calculator, but could not. Sites like whattomine.com, www.coinwarz.com etc show only small part of altcoins and I want to collect mining profitability for unknown altcoins, which I think will be more profitable to mine. I am going to make it in Excel. And for begining I have few questions:
1. Maybe someone did it already and I dont need to do this.
2. To count profitability I need to know current difficulty in each coin, but I cant find place where I can get it through API.
3. I know how to calculate bitcoin mining profitability and, as I understand, all altcoins using SHA256 algo will have the same formula, but what about different algos, where I can get formula for them, for example for Scrypt, X11, LBRY etc.

I found mining pools which have big list of altcoins with current profitability, but there is no API and I cant collect info. How they do this? What formulas they use and where they got it?
If someone know or have idea how to do this, please help me.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:14:00 PM

If you are looking for difficulty for coins that aren't listed on those sites, you just need to look up the Block Explorer for the given coin you want to know about.  The Difficulty is almost always listed. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
MonkeyBusiness (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:34:24 AM

Yes, I know that I can check difficulty in block explorer, but for many new altcoins there is no block explorer, some altcoins use their own explorer without API.
So now I need to know how to make block expolorer for selected currency. I already found on github block explorer for SHA256, SCRYPT and X11.
I am going to try set it up.
This is formula to calculate sha256 profitability.
P = (t*R*H)/(D*2^32)
P - profitability
t - time in seconds(1 day = 86400)
R - reward for block
H - hashpower in 1 second
D - difficulty
But what is 2^32? I dont understand why I need to use 2^32 for SHA256 and what constant I need to use for other algos, for example X11?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: