Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:09:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do anything about my dust?  (Read 995 times)
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:30:01 PM

Yea, it finally confirmed, I think it took 4 days. But, that's fine.

I'm  just thinking, fees would be lower if everyone paid lower fees. Wink

I think I agree with you but it will be difficult to build a consensus on this to have everyone opt for the lower fees but if that was possible I bet we could have changed the status quo.
PilotofBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:01:28 PM

I think I agree with you but it will be difficult to build a consensus on this to have everyone opt for the lower fees but if that was possible I bet we could have changed the status quo.

With bitcoin at $4200 USD, paying the current 150 sat per byte is pretty expensive. I'm surprised fees haven't creeped down as btc has gone up against fiat.

Probably due to wallets having defaults... and also having it denominated in BTC. I wonder if people say their fees in their fiat value, people would start lowering the fees. Wasn't that one of the "promises" (benefits) of bitcoin, 10 cent ish fee for transaction thousands or even millions?

Perhaps when Segwit happens and people start moving to SegWit txs blocks would all be 100% full and fees will creep back down.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:29:01 PM

With bitcoin at $4200 USD, paying the current 150 sat per byte is pretty expensive. I'm surprised fees haven't creeped down as btc has gone up against fiat.

Probably due to wallets having defaults... and also having it denominated in BTC. I wonder if people say their fees in their fiat value, people would start lowering the fees. Wasn't that one of the "promises" (benefits) of bitcoin, 10 cent ish fee for transaction thousands or even millions?

Perhaps when Segwit happens and people start moving to SegWit txs blocks would all be 100% full and fees will creep back down.

Anyone knows a mobile wallet that lets me input the desired fee? (and not only I can choose from a drop down list, or similar e.g. priority, low prio, economy, etc.)
Last time I moved some gathered dust with Mycellium mobile wallet, I've paid like 50% of the amount for lowest prio fee and I don't want this again.
What happens when I move a lot of dust in 1 transaction, and after, I want to move forward that sum again to a different address? Does it still counts the original inputs, or it counts only the last transaction's input (which is 1). It affects the fee, this is why I'm wondering.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:43:57 AM

Wow, didn't expect it to go through actually. Congrats.

Except that most people can't wait 4 days to get their transactions confirmed. The current fees is what it has settled on so far just from offer and demand.
One thing you should know is that when you’re making transactions, the transactions fees are not being charged from the amount you’re carrying out, but from the remaining balance you have in your wallet. So if it says not enough to spend, that means you don’t have enough left in your wallet to pay the fees.
Try reducing the amount that’s being carried out, and see if it works. And also, don’t choose a “High Priority” fees, or they will charge you a lot. Although high priority is fast, and seems to be better. The other option is slow.
PilotofBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:36:41 PM

Anyone knows a mobile wallet that lets me input the desired fee? (and not only I can choose from a drop down list, or similar e.g. priority, low prio, economy, etc.)
Last time I moved some gathered dust with Mycellium mobile wallet, I've paid like 50% of the amount for lowest prio fee and I don't want this again.
What happens when I move a lot of dust in 1 transaction, and after, I want to move forward that sum again to a different address? Does it still counts the original inputs, or it counts only the last transaction's input (which is 1). It affects the fee, this is why I'm wondering.

I couldn't find one, that's why I ended up using Electrum.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: