Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptkeepers Rant & Alt Picks for Q3 2017 (Nvidia/CUDA Miners)  (Read 1581 times)
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:38:08 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 12:51:34 AM by cryptkeeper1979

Back in Feb of this year I posted my altcoin picks for Q1 2017. Based on each of the projects developments and roadmaps, was the primary reason for investing in them. I want to go over those picks below, show the gains since Feb and also share my picks for Q3 of this year.

We have 2 categories, altcoins worth mining with Nvidia GPUs and altcoins worth holding for the long term. Just for the record, this is based on my personal research, if you're going to invest in altcoins, read the whitepapers, go on the forums, go into their slack, irc, social media, ask questions & read up on the projects...Come to your own conclusion. These are based on my personal experiences, and I'm not giving any of you beautiful people investment advice, just sharing my path so far in the crypto world and why some of these projects might be worth taking a look at.

Original link is here for anyone interested in seeing the post for Q1 2017 Altcoin picks: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1780829.msg17760247#msg17760247

For Q1 alts I measured 2 factors, coins worth mining and coins worth holding.

Q1 2017 Mining Picks:
Nvidia/CUDA Mining Picks: (Hash based on Nvidia GTX 1070)
1. Decred (DCR) Algo: decred - Hash: 2460.00 MH/s
2. VertCoin (VTC) Algo: lyra2v2 - Hash: 18.57 MH/s
3. LBRY (LBC) Algo: lbry - Hash: 254.95 MH/s
4. NEVA (NEVA) Algo: blake2s - Hash: 3704.05 MH/s
5. Myriad (MYR) Algo: skein - Hash: 375.80 MH/s
6. Verge (XVG) Multi-Algo: blake2s/lyra2v2

Q1 2017 Altcoin Holds:
1. Decred (DCR) Overall Gain since Jan 16th +2700.80%
2. WAVES (WAVES) Overall gain since Jan 16th +2140.44%
3. Stratis (STRAT) Overall gain since Jan 16th +16,721.71%
4. EmerCoin (EMC) Overall gain since Jan 16th +399.00%
5. Counterparty (XCP) Overall gain since Jan 16th +234.70%
6. Litecoin (LTC) Overall gain since Jan 16th +1,127.87%

Overall conclusion for Q1 picks, Decred was $1.07 mid Jan and easy to mine with GPU's making it a win/win for miners and investors. It hit around $2.07 during late Feb and continued to rise, with minimal dips. Decred is now worth $29.57 as of Aug 9th, 2017 and is still a worthy hold because it brings unique features that no other coin has in the space. When a coin offers something no other coin/project has, it's worth taking a deeper look into. In terms of what everyone has witnessed with BTC and BCC and August 1st, if Bitcoin had the Governance system Decred has now, things might of played out differently. Nobody's complaining, we all got free BCC but it was still sloppy and bitcoin took a hit for it.

Since Feb 2017, Decred has increased over 2,700% and has a viable chance of getting listed on Coinbase later in the year or possibly in 2018 after Coinbase adds 10,000 employees and a robot AI force to deal with the massive amount of new users. Everyone loves to hate them, but Coinbase has a massive impact on the digital currency landscape, in North America at least.

Here's a video of Decred making their pitch at Coinbase HQ earlier this year: (58min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2VOfCsg2uU

As for Verge, Myriad, NEVA, LBRY, they had their ups and downs, if you were mining them with NVIDIA GPU's you had a very nice bonus to hash rates thanks to Tpruvot's CCMiner builds. http://ccminer.org and https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

The one coin that's still dear to my heart is Vertcoin, and the devs and community behind it are still the reason why Vertcoin continues to improve. Vertcoin is very easy to mine with GPU's and has ASIC resistant benefits to it's algorithm making it rather hard for ASIC's to take control of the network with a 51% attack. Vertcoin has been around really since the beginning of late 2013 and has survived just fine, if not starting to thrive. In Jan 2017, VTC was worth $0.047 and since then we have seen Vertcoin jump over 1,000%. Vertcoin is on par with Litecoin to me, they are 2 coins I'll be holding for a while ie. 5-10 years min.

Jumping into Q3 2017, the digital currency landscape has exploded. Mainstream media is now taking digital currency much more seriously with regular updates on national news outlets, international acceptance as well with Japan's regulation of Bitcoin, India's back and forth and China's ever changing stance, not to mention Russia getting into the ICO market and digital currency as a whole. The tide of this space is moving and fast, so noobs please refer to the documentary "SINGULARITY - Rise of the Machines with Ray Kurzweil".

Going forward, I do believe the market is still undervalued, even at the current market cap of $120,290,529,134, mainstream adoption has not taken effect yet, but the steady rise of interest on an international basis is a very good sign, especially coming from governments like Russia, China, India and Japan. If governments are starting to "mine" digital currency, ie. Russia as of yesterday with it's announcement, it's definitely something that isn't going to disappear anytime soon.

Russia Bitcoin Mining via Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/putin-s-aide-seeks-100-million-to-rival-china-in-bitcoin-mining

As of mid 2017, mainstream outlets have stopped mocking Bitcoin and started embracing "blockchain tech", and corporate backed or not, financial institutions of the world cannot ignore "blockchain tech" because it does completely disrupt their industry.

Anyways, here are my Nvidia Q3 2017 Mining Picks...

Nvidia/CUDA Mining Picks: (Hash based on Nvidia GTX 980)

1. Denarius (DNR) Algo: Tribus - Hash: 25 MH/s (Only 10mil coins, great roadmap, new alg, good community and dev team )

2. AEON (AEON) Algo: Cryptolight - Hash: 970 H/s (Monero clone that nobody really knows about, a sleeper coin + very low energy to mine. Monero is $40+ because of it's anonymous functions, AEON is basically Monero with a different name and it's around .40 cents right now.)

3. Komodo (KMD) Algo: Equihash - Hash: 300 Sol/s (Focused Dev team and good overall roadmap, overall 938% gain and rising)

4. Signatum (SIGT) Algo: SkunkHash Raptorfuck - Hash: 12 MH/s (love it or hate it, people are mining the shit out of this, huge vol.)

5. VertCoin (VTC) Algo: lyra2v2 - Hash: 18.57 MH/s (proven over and over again, this coin is worth mining and holding longterm)

6. Doubloons (BOAT) Algo: HMQ1725 - Hash: 3000kH/s (under the radar coin with some of the best POS Staking + Pirate *BOOTY* Rewards, some blocks are like finding a chest full of loot, not huge volume, but such a fun community and many miners on the high seas are supporting it for the staking and huge coin rewards.) Reminds me of early Dodgecoin.

Here are my Altcoin holds for Q3 2017:

NEO (NEO)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2057932.0
Official Site: https://neo.org/en-us/

ARK (ARK)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1649695.0
Official Site: https://ark.io/

Stratis (STRAT)
Bitcointalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.0
Official Site: https://stratisplatform.com/

Litecoin (LTC)
Bitcointalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47417.0
Official Site: https://litecoin.org/

Decred (DCR)
Bitcointalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.0
Official Site: https://decred.org/

WAVES (WAVES)
Bitcointalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0
Official Site: https://wavesplatform.com/

Ethereum (ETH)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.0
Official Site: https://ethereum.org/

Conclusions, NEO has more use cases then any other coin right now and is going to rival Ethereum if not overpass it. It's hands down one of the best projects of the year and worth a long hold. Stratis is also worth holding for it's use cases and is similar to NEO but with it's own uses as well. Projects like NEO and Stratis are making for a very bright future.

ARK is the sleeper pick in my opinion, it's based on the delegate system like Lisk and NEM, but takes things further by allowing holders to spend 1 Ark coin to vote for a delegate in the top 51 positions. Each Delegate that's ranked in the top 51 has the ability to forge for new ARK coins, and if you vote for a delegate in the top 51, you receive dividends of your holdings with each delegate defining different percentages and rulesets. Some offer 70% return, some offer 90%, each with different outcomes, but at the end of the day, if you have a bit of ARK and vote for a delegate, you will gain ARK on a daily to weekly basis without doing anything, there's no need to keep the ARK client open or waste electricity, the coins are generated automatically through scripts that send to your account. As long as the delegate is in the top 51, you will receive dividends. You can also un-vote for a delegate and re-vote for another one if you decide to change your mind.

Currently I've voted for a delegate by the name of Jarunik who offers 70% profit sharing on a daily basis, my average ARK return with 1000 ARK is about .2 ARK per day. If you forget about it for a year, that's around 73 extra ARK for the year, not too shabby. The real use case for ARK though isn't it's dividends and delegate system, it's something called SmartBridge,hense the name "Ark" fits nicely. Basically if this feature is successful, ARK will allow you to SmartBridge your ARK to any other coin ie. Bitcoin, Ethereum, NEO, Litecoin, the list goes on. You send your ARK to your Litecoin address for example and basically your ARK turns into LTC through the ARK client and through it's SmartBridge system. The overall goal is that ARK's SmartBridge will connect to different blockchains therefore connecting everything together, now that's an ARK of a deal..No pun intended. Last but not least, the Ledger Nano has plans to bring ARK to it's hardware wallet as well further legitimizing the coin. The fact it's less then $1 now, could be a good steal in the next few years. But then again, who the hell knows, we're in the wild wild west of Crypto.

As for Litecoin, it's literally Silver to Bitcoins gold and it's the "Vanguard Fund" of the cryptoworld with conservative growth and steady return. For Decred, it's proven to be one of the few elite altcoins with features no other coin/project has, it's growth potential should see spikes this year and beyond especially if it sees Coinbase adoption. WAVES is an interesting hold, the best part is acquiring new dividends sometimes on a daily basis, you can sell them inside of WAVES on their local exchange and cash out for Bitcoin or other currencies. WAVES has huge support from Russia as a digital currency, so it's worth keeping an eye on.

Ethereum is a no brainer, it's tech is already being adapted by the biggest corporations and companies in the world and whether you hate the "man" or not, hold this like your holding a newborn baby, carefully and for at least 5 years, this will be the coin of the %1 and it's worth getting a stake in it now before it hit's the $500 mark.

Thank you for reading my rants and speculative picks in the altcoin space. If you found this article helpful, please feel free to donate to some of my crypto addresses below.

BTC: 1PP5r4YnGNXo4TFpCX4TKgSjrh9qRmWocn
LTC: LdjD436ei3ahPfxB86t8MTXkgH24kJ8RGQ
ARK: AZ1GzajZm1U7GfiCM74JtCXA4KTndQzTHA

*Warning/Legal Disclaimer: Digital Cryptocurrency is exceptionally volatile and can be a financial risk, please do your own homework before investing. These picks are based on my own research over the past few months and were chosen based on personal multiple pre-reqs including, New Features, Wallet-Ease of Use, Devs, Community, Roadmap and Future Potential. The Mining picks are based for NVIDIA/CUDA GPUs and have been most profitable for myself over the last few months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redhorse

Activity: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:30:20 PM

Thanks for your research and the interesting read. I haven't looked into Ark and Decred, but both sound interesting and I will look them up now.

I wonder if you've also researched Factom and if yes would you share your thoughts on it?
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:22:12 PM

Thanks for your research and the interesting read. I haven't looked into Ark and Decred, but both sound interesting and I will look them up now.

I wonder if you've also researched Factom and if yes would you share your thoughts on it?

Hey Red,

Thanks for your comments. I've heard good and bad things about Factum but personally haven't looked into it or done any research. I'll do some research this week on the project and put it on my watchlist. As for ARK and Decred, both are very much worth looking into and doing some research, ARK for it's SmartBridge functions + delegate dividends and Decred for it's governance system & staking.

redhorse

Activity: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:52:37 PM

Hey Red,

Thanks for your comments. I've heard good and bad things about Factum but personally haven't looked into it or done any research. I'll do some research this week on the project and put it on my watchlist.

Hey Cryptkeeper,

thanks for the response. Looking forward to read your review.
AnimoEsto

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 09:13:07 PM

Nice pics.  I have been gone for awhile. I do not even recognise most of em. haha! 

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:37:35 AM

Nice pics.  I have been gone for awhile. I do not even recognise most of em. haha! 

Yea it's funny Animo, the second you walk away from it, 1000 new projects pop up. Growth is a good thing and it's definitely hard to keep track of everything. Whitepapers, good community, new features and roadmaps are all good starting places.

iwouldntknow

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:01:35 AM

No offense but you could have thrown darts at a list of altcoins and gotten the same results.  Damn near everything spiked Q1 and is still continuing to rise.  I see too many people now that think they are experts because they called some coins to be successful and happened to be right.  But with the way the market has been going it's been kinda hard to be wrong lately unless you're one of the people that panics at every dip.  Not saying you're one of these people as you've put some thought/research into it at least. 

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:13:03 AM

No offense but you could have thrown darts at a list of altcoins and gotten the same results.  Damn near everything spiked Q1 and is still continuing to rise.  I see too many people now that think they are experts because they called some coins to be successful and happened to be right.  But with the way the market has been going it's been kinda hard to be wrong lately unless you're one of the people that panics at every dip.  Not saying you're one of these people as you've put some thought/research into it at least. 

None taken, and yes everything spiked after Q1, shitcoins included...But there's still a fundamental difference between a shitcoin and a project with unique features/assets that brings benefit to the space. We're in the Westworld of crypto, people are going to speculate and panic sell, but if you look at the longterm there's positives for holding a portfolio of digital currency, mainstream adoption is already happening. I'm by no means an expert, just drunk and inspired. Think there's a bright future for digital currency, projects will fail, but some will bring new tech to the space and thrive.     

infidelio

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 07:34:07 AM

Thank you for your very informative post. I think everyone should do their own research about where to invest.
Personally, I have started investing in crypto not long ago, and my list is very similar to yours.
I have already seen gains of around 130% in the last couple of weeks, with real winner being OmiseGO.
What do you think about OMG coin?
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:37:38 AM

Thank you for your very informative post. I think everyone should do their own research about where to invest.
Personally, I have started investing in crypto not long ago, and my list is very similar to yours.
I have already seen gains of around 130% in the last couple of weeks, with real winner being OmiseGO.
What do you think about OMG coin?

Huge potential for OmiseGO, plus the team behind it seems solid, not to mention Vitalik having the OmiseGO sticker on his laptop and half of Ethereum seems to be advising it. People are saying there's some kind of deal with McDonalds and Omise coming? I need to do more research on this project but it seems really exciting.

AnimoEsto

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 01:14:10 PM

Yea it's funny Animo, the second you walk away from it, 1000 new projects pop up. Growth is a good thing and it's definitely hard to keep track of everything. Whitepapers, good community, new features and roadmaps are all good starting places.

So true. I am going to try make some selections and get back into the game.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
longtune

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:50:59 PM

Amd vs Nvida cards 0?
which is better?
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:20:59 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 11:11:05 PM by cryptkeeper1979

Amd vs Nvida cards 0?
which is better?

AMD cards vs NVIDIA is like Coke vs Pepsi, both are good just different. For my mining picks, I'm focusing on NVIDIA related coins that can be mined easier with NVIDIA cards, but AMD cards can mine these as well. AMD is great, not knocking it, just a NVIDIA fan. Some of the coins if mined with CCminer and NVIDIA cards, do have higher hash rates compared to AMD, so just need to do your research on the specific project.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:33:56 PM

Comments like this are always easy to make after the fact.  I'm guessing if it were as easy as you make it sound you would have been putting every spare penny along with retirement savings into coins as they are all going up!  There are 491 coins on Cryptopia.  I don't have the stats but I'm guessing if you picked 5 at random back in January, results would be in the red.
Tanaka Osato

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:38:26 PM

Amd vs Nvida cards 0?
which is better?

AMD cards vs NVIDIA is like Coke vs Pepsi, both are good just different. For my mining picks, I'm focusing on NVIDIA related coins that can be mined easier with NVIDIA cards, but AMD cards can mine these as well. AMD is great, not knocking it, just a NVIDIA fan. Some of the coins if mined with CCminer and NVIDIA cards, do have higher hash rates compared to AMD, so just need to do your research on the specific project.

Thanks for a great post.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 12:40:23 AM

Amd vs Nvida cards 0?
which is better?

Thanks for a great post.

AMD cards seems to be better while mining most of the coins. But the AMD cards are not available easily everywhere. That is the only reason I'm stuck with NVIDIA mining.  Sad

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:51:53 PM

Good day OP,

I am researching for CCminer when I stumbled across your thread.

Somebody told me that this article is only for AMD and not for NVIDIA:

http://cryptovore.com/2017/07/19/how-to-mine-signatum-sigt/

I am trying to mine this coin, do you happen to know if there are added instructions for me to do so I can use CCminer to mine this coin....

Or any other coin you may recommend?

Thank you for the information sir. I would appreciate if you can help a first time miner.

I use a toshiba satellite laptop with Nividia GeForce 710M

Any can help me with this dilemma I am facing right now? Would this be even possible or not? If yes, what instructions can you share with me. Dying to mine coins. First time mine here.
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:06:49 AM

Thanks for the interesting read, you obviously know what you are talking about.
You say that SIGT is good for mining and it obviously is, i have mined 40k so far, but you don't have it in your hold list, care to explain why not ?
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:09:13 AM

Good day OP,

I am researching for CCminer when I stumbled across your thread.

Somebody told me that this article is only for AMD and not for NVIDIA:

http://cryptovore.com/2017/07/19/how-to-mine-signatum-sigt/

I am trying to mine this coin, do you happen to know if there are added instructions for me to do so I can use CCminer to mine this coin....

Or any other coin you may recommend?

Thank you for the information sir. I would appreciate if you can help a first time miner.

I use a toshiba satellite laptop with Nividia GeForce 710M

Any can help me with this dilemma I am facing right now? Would this be even possible or not? If yes, what instructions can you share with me. Dying to mine coins. First time mine here.

Don't waste your time mining on a laptop.  Your gains will be minimal
Tanaka Osato

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:30:40 PM

Where is a good resource for information on vert mining?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: