Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:00:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why buy OmiseGO?  (Read 3574 times)
Sikka157 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:36:10 AM

I have seen people compare OmiseGO with the next big potential coin along with Waves and NEO? I donot know the reasons. Any opinions.
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:00:16 AM

I have seen people compare OmiseGO with the next big potential coin along with Waves and NEO? I donot know the reasons. Any opinions.

I don't know but the price is still hyped as I see. Just today went up 30 percent.
D1FRNT

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:01:59 AM

OmiseGo will be the first one to take apart in the project of plasma.io (Vitalik's tweet about it today), that's probably the reason for the rise today.
Sikka157 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:23:01 PM

OmiseGo will be the first one to take apart in the project of plasma.io (Vitalik's tweet about it today), that's probably the reason for the rise today.
I completely missed buying OmiseGo. I was looking to buy yesterday at $3 when price was at $3.3, didnt expect it to increase 80% today. Anyone think it will fall back below $4, or should I buy it at this price?Huh
bestrolledLs

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:28:37 PM

Buy half now and half if it dips more.
lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:32:16 PM

OmiseGo is tied to Omise. A financial/merchant company in Thailand. Apparently it is intended to be a point of sale project (among other things), which could bridge the gap between fiat money and blockchain currency. OMG is rumored to be involved in a pilot program in Thailand which will place OMG payment options in several retail malls and apparently McDonalds all over Thailand. If that goes well -- the sky is the limit.

Plus cool name -- which I think most people appreciate.

Of course, this could all be made up BS (except the name). You never can tell. Most articles about it are in various Asian based languages and I got sick of using google translator. Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Sikka157 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:36:25 PM

OmiseGo is tied to Omise. A financial/merchant company in Thailand. Apparently it is intended to be a point of sale project (among other things), which could bridge the gap between fiat money and blockchain currency. OMG is rumored to be involved in a pilot program in Thailand which will place OMG payment options in several retail malls and apparently McDonalds all over Thailand. If that goes well -- the sky is the limit.

Also -- Vitalik. Plus cool name -- which I think most people appreciate.

Of course, this could all be made up BS (except the name). You never can tell. Most articles about it are in various Asian based languages and I got sick of using google translator. Wink

did you buy some? i think i will wait for a correction in its price now. should have bought at least half yesterday.
lokinator

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:37:55 PM

did you buy some? i think i will wait for a correction in its price now. should have bought at least half yesterday.

I picked up a hundred or so a few weeks back (wish I would have bought A LOT more). I am happy with the investment. I think I got them for around $1-1.50 or so.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Sikka157 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:48:35 PM

I picked up a hundred or so a few weeks back (wish I would have bought A LOT more). I am happy with the investment. I think I got them for around $1-1.50 or so.
I was buying 600 OMG yesterday at $3.3 but thought I will wait for price to drop some more and i can buy 700 OMG at $3 for the same money. I am so angry with myself for not buying. Now i cant decide what price to enter. It is hard to buy something after it goes up 80%. Now I will need twice as much to buy the same amount
lokinator

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

I was buying 600 OMG yesterday at $3.3 but thought I will wait for price to drop some more and i can buy 700 OMG at $3 for the same money. I am so angry with myself for not buying. Now i cant decide what price to enter. It is hard to buy something after it goes up 80%. Now I will need twice as much to buy the same amount

I made a mistake early this morning as well. When the price started to spike it leveled off at around $4 and started going back down ... I sold all of my OMG with intentions of buying at back at around 3.75. That never happened and I ended up buying back above $4. Which cost me essentially 20 OMG. I pretty much just gave away 20 because I was trying to turn 100 into 110 or so. Lesson learned.

dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:19:36 PM

Also today Omise launched in Singapore!!

I predict 30$ to the end of this year because of real usage.

Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:55:25 PM

It has a supply just over 100 million so it needs a big market cap to get over $30, that will take a while as it's still in testing. Perhaps by next spring they will have more progress on it. A good hold for sure, but not recommended to buy now as there was a snapshop of eth holders and will be an airdrop of omisego tokens so it might dump a bit. Hopefully back to 100k sats.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:57:37 AM

I don't know but the price is still hyped as I see. Just today went up 30 percent.
OmiseGo can be compare wind waves and NEO. Currently this coin is showing great increase in its value just like other famous altcoins. I guess the reason is quite obvious from the increase in its price over last few weeks. NEO, waves, eth and OmiseGo if start working together, they can take altcoins top of list at every exchange.
photonfanatic

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:04:06 PM

Does anyone have something like a... timeline that we can look at? I know they have their road map, but it doesn't really say when they expect that items on the road map might get done.
Westfiled

Activity: 271

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:41:32 PM

Because the omisego is comparable with another project such as neo and stratis. just take a short time tof rht omisego project to get a lot of the interest by the cyrpto users. I think omise dev will have something biggest for us in the future.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
elektibi75

Activity: 326

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:13:42 PM

Lots of good points above my comment, but I personally will stay away from it now, simply because it looks overbought. I maybe wrong, but I don't want to FOMO on this one.

█ DARFChain █ DARFChain - smart escrow engine, based on proof-of-accounting consensus █....
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
• Whitepaper • ANN Thread • Telegram • Facebook • Reddit • Slack • YouTube • VK
cryptocali

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:25:25 PM

They have a big announcement coming soon with Ethereum. Should be interesting what it may entail.
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:39:11 PM

omise is a huge payments company in asia. product launch will be in q4 2017. one of their advisors is the founder of ethereum, this is vitalik's second of 3 projects he is advisor for, very reputable team.  they will be used by mcdonalds in thailand, followed by more stores around asia. the reason why this coin is growing so fast is because people have done their research and know this will be a top 3 crypto.

dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:42:20 PM

I thinking about allin my ETH to OmiseGo tomorrow. I have a good feeling about this coin.
MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:14:47 AM

Lots of good points above my comment, but I personally will stay away from it now, simply because it looks overbought. I maybe wrong, but I don't want to FOMO on this one.

That's what I thought when ETH hit 25$ this year. I am glad I still went ahead and bought some.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: