Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:48:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding on to Byteball a good idea?  (Read 523 times)
valr (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:45:34 AM

I purchased some Byteball recently for the airdrop on 7th August. I predicted the big dump right after the airdrop, but I didn't expect it do drop this much and to not recover. I know the price would eventually get a bump before the next airdrop on Sep 6th, because of the incentive of holding GBYTE over BTC, but I wanted to get people's thoughts on whether it is a good idea to hold on to it long term and if there are any bag holders.

Can anyone let me know how the price fluctuated a few days before/after the previous airdrops and the general feeling about it - a genuinely good coin with good future prospects or just some other fade-away coin? Any advice on whether to hold for short/medium/long term and what makes it a good/shitty investment?

Appreciate all your insights. TIA.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:01:12 AM

I purchased some Byteball recently for the airdrop on 7th August. I predicted the big dump right after the airdrop, but I didn't expect it do drop this much and to not recover.
what you need to know is that Byteball price was in a bubble like many other altcoins. they all went up at the same time and needed to come down and correct.
also the airdrop will always cause 2 things:
- the panic sell
- the sell pressure because it was free money!

if any recovery happens it will be in long term.

.whether it is a good idea to hold on to it long term and if there are any bag holders.
hold what you can afford to lose.
altcoin price are very volatile. it is best to take precautions.

Can anyone let me know how the price fluctuated a few days before/after the previous airdrops
price got dumped before the airdrop started, then it slowly went lower after.

and the general feeling about it - a genuinely good coin with good future prospects or just some other fade-away coin? Any advice on whether to hold for short/medium/long term and what makes it a good/shitty investment?
i can say with a good certainty that it is not a "fade-away" coin. it won't just disappear.
we saw the potential it has for growth and the volume is very high. the price nearly reached $1000 and there are so little number of coins that can say this after their release and being around for a year or so.

the next airdrops will be smaller though. if i am not mistaken 1/10 of this time. and with getting closer to the end of distribution you can expect less big dumps like the previous ones.

they recently did some stuff to incentivize merchants to adopt byteball which i think will help in the long term price too.

--looking for signature--
Shawntastic

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:17:53 AM

Personally, i just bought myself another 3 GBYTE. I've been noticing the price recently, and the lowest it ever dropped to was around $350. This is the current price now, so i decided to buy.

Another thing, the price has dropped 30% the past 24 hours, and this may be due to the distribution on 7 Aug. Most people are dumping their coins, which led to the price dropping. I suppose people will start finding the value of this coin soon.
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:25:30 AM

Byteball is one of the most promising coin, with the same core tech as the overhyped IOTA. I didn't expect such a big drop, but the long term remains bright.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:00:51 AM

Now it's too late sell Byteball, price is low. I will hold my coins and wait some news from Tonich, about how he see a future roadmap of Byteball.
Unbiased ICO Reviews

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:01:52 AM

Overall Byteball has a very solid future. Byteball stands out because it allows users to bind payments to a condition, meaning you set a condition when the payee receives the money, and if the condition is not met, you get your money back. All this happens in a completely peer-to-peer manner, with no need for intermediaries or escrows.

Because of what it brings to the market, ICO reviews website Coins.best gave the Byteball ICO an 8.6 rating, with 9/10 sub-ratings for market need and blockchain fit. The unbiased third-party review can be viewed for free here: https://coins.best/ico-reviews/byteball/

Based on this information and the comprehensive, highly technical whitepaper (https://byteball.org/Byteball.pdf) released by Byteball, it can be understood that this is a relatively strong ICO with a real product that can be expected to stick around for the foreseeable future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: