Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:01:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $25,000 to $50,000 prediciton in CNBC  (Read 1273 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:41:14 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/09/this-is-why-bitcoin-could-be-the-new-gold-tom-lee.html

Good video with some good bullish predictions in national american TV.. it looks like all these boomers are catching up slowly. That woman say that she owns several cryptos because she thinks it will be like the early internet stocks, and she doesnt know if bitcoin will be the one that wins.

Now they just need to learn how 99.99% of altcoins are shitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:02:07 PM

Bitcoin price rises->everyone talks about the problems of BTC and the risks and how criminals use Bitcoin etc...
Bitcoin on the rise-> bullish previsions of Bitcoin going to 10k/50k/1M etc.

Bitcoin is being manipulated by the news as the other markets. Bullish?
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 914

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:06:19 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/09/this-is-why-bitcoin-could-be-the-new-gold-tom-lee.html

Good video with some good bullish predictions in national american TV.. it looks like all these boomers are catching up slowly. That woman say that she owns several cryptos because she thinks it will be like the early internet stocks, and she doesnt know if bitcoin will be the one that wins.

Cryptocurrencies are exactly like the early internet stocks before the dot-com bubble.
After the crypto bubble bursts,the only two currencies that will survive will be bitcoin and ethereum.
All the other "shitcoins" will be gone.
It`s good that bitcoin gets recognition on CNBC,we need more "free advertising" for btc. Grin
That woman doesn`t know that much about the blockchain and segwit,i guess.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:11:42 PM

Bitcoin price rises->everyone talks about the problems of BTC and the risks and how criminals use Bitcoin etc...

That is no manipulation at all. Everyone is free to make their own predictions. If they give you the opportunity to go on live television and they ask you for an honest prediction for the next years, you can say whatever price you want, that's not manipulation, it's just an estimate, and I think it's pretty good. $50,000 to $100,000 is what my calculations tell me the price of BTC will be in around 2030 when the coins that get into the system are really low, and sidechains and lightning network payment will be at full steam by then allowing for everyone on the planet to transact in BTC.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:17:39 PM

Cryptocurrencies are exactly like the early internet stocks before the dot-com bubble.
After the crypto bubble bursts,the only two currencies that will survive will be bitcoin and ethereum.
All the other "shitcoins" will be gone.
It`s good that bitcoin gets recognition on CNBC,we need more "free advertising" for btc. Grin
That woman doesn`t know that much about the blockchain and segwit,i guess.

I think we will see a few more than just bitcoin and ethereum, I have been a fan of XEM which is I think a better proposal than ethereum.

A lot of the fat will be trimmed once crypto really gets mainstream and we will end up with a handful of decent coins / platforms and I agree a lot of the useless coins which there are at least 700+ of right now will eventually die off.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

I have been noticing a positive sentiment change amongst most of the main stream (local and non local) news sources. It wasn't all that long ago where they were reporting about Bitcoin only in cases of idiots demanding ransom in Bitcoins, people using Bitcoin to buy drugs from deep web markets, people buying weapons with Bitcoin, large scale money laundering, etc. I find it already a top achievement that they are letting this go and start looking at Bitcoin from a different, mainly less negative, perspective. Regarding altcoins, I don't see this as something that concerns me - people have the freedom to invest into whatever they want. In some cases people are genuinely interested in the features certain altcoins offer, or better said, what inconveniences they solve that Bitcoin doesn't solve, and not necessarily in the speculative aspect. But as you also pointed out, these projects account for an extremely low percentage of the altcoin market, the rest is pure trash.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:44:03 PM

I share your opinion, but what will happen if future will correct our expectations, and bitcoin will be pushed into oblivion by some new predatory altcoin.
As you said 99.99% altcoins are shitcoins, but what will happen when we will encounter this 00.01%? It might be the end of our dream of Bitcoin dominance.
Plus, I don't believe that bitcoin's price will rise to $20k+ without major adoption happening in the meantime (maybe India will accept BTC?).
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:45:27 PM

Well I hope that BTC will rise more and more and then get´s unstoppable, and therefore I think a "manipulation by the news" is not really a manipulation in this case, it´s more like influence. There is no centralized organisation behind BTC and so there are no sponsored ad´s or something, this is why I appreciate everything bitcoinrelated from the news.

[could be your ad]
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:00:30 PM

Well, this is to be expected. The mainstream media will slowly catch up to what's happening with the cryptoworld especially when the price of BTC increases every month/year. I think, this will bring more positive exposure for bitcoin, I guess?  Roll Eyes . . More people will be curious about what BTC is and will hopefully, bring more money to cryptospace. The prediction is not out of the horizon in terms of future BTC price but we need more time to get there.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

They are exaggerating the news regarding bitcoin. This is a good strategy for them since more and more people will be aware and since they have btc it is actually a good move. Especially people nowadays are gullible when it involves money. If you mention great profit, people will jump on without understanding what they are getting themselves into. All for the money, that's it all really is.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:31:03 PM

That is no manipulation at all. Everyone is free to make their own predictions. If they give you the opportunity to go on live television and they ask you for an honest prediction for the next years, you can say whatever price you want, that's not manipulation, it's just an estimate, and I think it's pretty good. $50,000 to $100,000 is what my calculations tell me the price of BTC will be in around 2030 when the coins that get into the system are really low, and sidechains and lightning network payment will be at full steam by then allowing for everyone on the planet to transact in BTC.

I think you're pretty conservative here. Don't get me wrong I like that kind of behaviour. Better not expect too much too fast so you won't be disappointed or impatient.
However I believe $50k at least could be reached way earlier. 2025, one year after the 4th halving this could be a realistic outcome imo.
And it's not just the gold market where money could flow into Bitcoin from. Offshore tax and wealth haven accounts, real estate, bonds and stocks market, derivatives, remittance market etc.

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

Furthermore Bitcoin and whatever will be build on top of it and beside it via sidechains etc. will create completely new use cases and create new wealth we may not even be able to imagine right now.
All what Bitcoin has to do is to survive!

TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:40:41 PM

They are exaggerating the news regarding bitcoin. This is a good strategy for them since more and more people will be aware and since they have btc it is actually a good move. Especially people nowadays are gullible when it involves money. If you mention great profit, people will jump on without understanding what they are getting themselves into. All for the money, that's it all really is.

Again, this mainstream media specially CNBC are just riding the popularity of bitcoin now. They even have a market analyst that tackles all about bitcoin and making exaggerated predictions about it. Well they have their every right to predict, but why now? Last year we never heard anything positive about the market and now they self proclaimed fortune tellers on where the movement of price of bitcoin will be. I guess publicity is good for us whether is positive or negative so just ride on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:06:30 PM

I really don't mind even if they are speculating bitcoin prices. It is free advertisement as other friends said. Maybe it is better for overall trust.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:38:02 PM

Again, this mainstream media specially CNBC are just riding the popularity of bitcoin now. They even have a market analyst that tackles all about bitcoin and making exaggerated predictions about it. Well they have their every right to predict, but why now? Last year we never heard anything positive about the market and now they self proclaimed fortune tellers on where the movement of price of bitcoin will be. I guess publicity is good for us whether is positive or negative so just ride on.

But you guys got to realize this: Back then, mainstream media was pumping BTC to $3000, and a lot of people said "that is ridiculous, it will never happen" or at least not anytime soon. And here we are at almost $3500 and growing. So the thing is, what appears now an impossible, can become possible, and it may seem a bit ridiculous specially in the words of mainstream media, but if you do the numbers, $10,000 to $50,000 is very doable in these timeframes. Just consider what's coming after segwit. We are looking at a potential trillion dollar marketcap after all that technology is deployed.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:31:22 PM

different speculations (or better say opinions) are always available everywhere. some are more right that others, some are just bullshit, some have hidden agenda, ... you have to look at all of it as information and then form your own opinion about bitcoin price.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:41:30 PM

I think we can say only 90% of altcoins are shitcoins because some of the cryptos like ethereum, waves, lisk are offering something which bitcoin can't offer and they also have real life use cases. Thats why they are also pumping hard just like bitcoin and I think investing in multiple alts like these ones is better than investing in just one alt or bitcoin.  Wink
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:03:00 PM

I have been noticing a positive sentiment change amongst most of the main stream (local and non local) news sources. It wasn't all that long ago where they were reporting about Bitcoin only in cases of idiots demanding ransom in Bitcoins, people using Bitcoin to buy drugs from deep web markets, people buying weapons with Bitcoin, large scale money laundering, etc. I find it already a top achievement that they are letting this go and start looking at Bitcoin from a different, mainly less negative, perspective. Regarding altcoins, I don't see this as something that concerns me - people have the freedom to invest into whatever they want. In some cases people are genuinely interested in the features certain altcoins offer, or better said, what inconveniences they solve that Bitcoin doesn't solve, and not necessarily in the speculative aspect. But as you also pointed out, these projects account for an extremely low percentage of the altcoin market, the rest is pure trash.

It's because they're seeing the continual price rises and want to be part of it. I bet some of them wish they'd bought last year instead of rubbishing it for being criminal.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:07:13 PM

I think we can say only 90% of altcoins are shitcoins because some of the cryptos like ethereum, waves, lisk are offering something which bitcoin can't offer and they also have real life use cases. Thats why they are also pumping hard just like bitcoin and I think investing in multiple alts like these ones is better than investing in just one alt or bitcoin.  Wink

Not anymore. With sidechains, Bitcoin can do everything that most altcoins can do, including Ethereum. With Rootstock you can do everything that Ethereum deliver, smart contracts, ICOs, tokens etc, as far as I know.

Also Ethereum is a scam as far as im concerned, the way the coins were distributed is so dodgy. Developers control most of the supply. That should raise alarms already about scammy products.
§

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:30:57 PM

I think we can say only 90% of altcoins are shitcoins because some of the cryptos like ethereum, waves, lisk are offering something which bitcoin can't offer and they also have real life use cases. Thats why they are also pumping hard just like bitcoin and I think investing in multiple alts like these ones is better than investing in just one alt or bitcoin.  Wink

Not anymore. With sidechains, Bitcoin can do everything that most altcoins can do, including Ethereum. With Rootstock you can do everything that Ethereum deliver, smart contracts, ICOs, tokens etc, as far as I know.

Also Ethereum is a scam as far as im concerned, the way the coins were distributed is so dodgy. Developers control most of the supply. That should raise alarms already about scammy products.

Just because bitcoin can do the same thing or implements new features like smart contracts in the future, doesn't mean everyone will flock to bitcoin or remain only strictly bitcoin.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:58:17 PM

I am hearing these sort of dream valuation for a very long time,statistically and logically thinking it should be the right price with the amount of users increasing in bitcoin with every year and the number of countries trying to tax bitcoin in the name of legalizing it so that they could earn the profits made by the citizens, these things could have a bigger impact in the price ,but still not sure about $25 k .
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: