Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:23:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZEN is a superior version of ZCash, but only 2% of price? lot of development  (Read 18748 times)
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:42:13 AM

Is it better than monero?

ZENcash still requires the trusted setup like Zcash, Monero not.
On the other side this never prevented ZCash from beeing worth 400 USD per coin also because of scarcity which is the same in ZEN.

ZENcash is rather a direct competitor to Zcash of which it is a kind of further developed version without such a high "developer tax",  with encrypted communication, governance and protection from censorship.

It is also interesting to observe that the price rise up to 13 USD is not even a pump, I just think some whales try to accumulate but can`t avoid pushing up the price because there are so limited coins in circulation.
It is so easy to push the ZEN price up now, it does not even require a big whale here.  Grin
Dart315

Activity: 122
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:54:30 AM

Is it better than monero?

ZENcash still requires the trusted setup like Zcash, Monero not.
On the other side this never prevented ZCash from beeing worth 400 USD per coin also because of scarcity which is the same in ZEN.

ZENcash is rather a direct competitor to Zcash of which it is a kind of further developed version without such a high "developer tax",  with encrypted communication, governance and protection from censorship.

It is also interesting to observe that the price rise up to 13 USD is not even a pump, I just think some whales try to accumulate but can`t avoid pushing up the price because there are so limited coins in circulation.
It is so easy to push the ZEN price up now, it does not even require a big whale here.  Grin

Interesting. Gonna give Zen a shot. I wish they get listed on Kraken, do you have information regarding this exchange?

I know they listed already on Bittrex for an example, but I like Kraken.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:03:21 AM

This is like saying Bitcoin Cash is a superior version of Bitcoin. Or Litecoin is a superior version,,, BCH is 15% of price and litecoin is like 20%. Lots of development. Lots of things going on.

But please. Until you have merchants accepting it, it is almost useless.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:58:46 AM

Interesting. Gonna give Zen a shot. I wish they get listed on Kraken, do you have information regarding this exchange?

I know they listed already on Bittrex for an example, but I like Kraken.

I think the other guys here are better informed then me but as far as I know the ZEN team will contact all exchanges which have Zcash listed and try to get a listing too.
This should be easy for the exchanges to implement. BTW I like Bittrex really, it is fast, no lags like Poloniex and you can withdraw with much higher limits.

This is like saying Bitcoin Cash is a superior version of Bitcoin. Or Litecoin is a superior version,,, BCH is 15% of price and litecoin is like 20%. Lots of development. Lots of things going on.

No ZEN is much more of an improvement of ZCash then what is LTC to BTC. Merchants are also not accepting Zcash, yet it went up to 400 USD. Wink
ZEN is a bargain compared to Zcash.
Dart315

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:05:04 AM

This
''Until you have merchants accepting it, it is almost useless.''

We should keep it in mind
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:30:49 PM

This
''Until you have merchants accepting it, it is almost useless.''

We should keep it in mind

I started mining this last month and as recommended in zcash miners forum. I´m aware most nvidia rigs are switching to Zen this days.

If acceptance is what you´re looking, this came from 4$ to 10$ in a month without much hype and still in pre-alpha stage.

KiwiMining

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:37:53 PM

I'm still really skeptical about ZEN, can someone make my mind up for me. To mine or NOT to mine? :/
tuiputui

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:45:57 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 02:18:49 PM by tuiputui

I'm still really skeptical about ZEN, can someone make my mind up for me. To mine or NOT to mine? :/

If you are on nvidia then choose an equihash coin is a wise choise (EWBF’s CUDA) as they resolve this better than any other.

Further than that you should do your research and not try to be convinced by others, but  as my very personal opinion this are my 10 reasons to support the project

1- started mining this in august at 4$, ended the month at 10$, looks like it´s going somewhere to me.
2- looks better to me than direct competitors like komodo or Hash: https://blog.zensystem.io/zencash-compared-to-komodo-infographic
3- listed o bittrex and other exchanges, easy to sell or trade after mining.
4- if you check the pools it´s starting to have support. When i think of succesfull projects like Dash, zcash, Eth, monero, litecoin, bitcoin, etc. those are mineable and supported by miners in the past. So to me is a good sign at this state.
4- it´s pre-alpha, has margin to grow as things get released.
5- active dev team focused on dev more than marketing.
6- it´s resolving problems concerning "privacy", a desirable word this days in crypto world
7- it´s not just a coin, it´s set of tools: "Zen is a collection of products, services, and businesses built around an enabling technology"
8- It´s a discrete coin... no youtubers hyping it and telling you to buy. Less noise to me means less market fluctuations and whales taking the kids money when the coin tries to grow.
9- it´s profitable in more ways than mining (Zen Secure Nodes), and that means to me more adoption and support.
10- The white paper Purpose is something i just like https://zensystem.io/assets/Zen%20White%20Paper.pdf
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:22:23 PM

@cryptimus prime i can understand what you are trying to tell here,but the case with NEO is that it has a big backing up from the Chinese investors which is a really huge thing and we could see projects coming out using that platform and so is the reason the price sky rocketed but i am not sure about ZEN,it might be a clone of Zcash may be with better security but for the price to shoot we must see some interest in the coin .
tuiputui

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:52:50 PM

@cryptimus prime i can understand what you are trying to tell here,but the case with NEO is that it has a big backing up from the Chinese investors which is a really huge thing and we could see projects coming out using that platform and so is the reason the price sky rocketed but i am not sure about ZEN,it might be a clone of Zcash may be with better security but for the price to shoot we must see some interest in the coin .

Neo is a smart contract tool, i don´t think it´s competing with Zen (you may mistake it with zen protocol https://www.zenprotocol.com , wich it is for smart contracts but  i bealive is independent project than zenCash )
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:19:55 PM

If you are on nvidia then choose an equihash coin is a wise choise (EWBF’s CUDA) as they resolve this better than any other.

Further than that you should do your research and not try to be convinced by others, but  as my very personal opinion this are my 10 reasons to support the project

1- started mining this in august at 4$, ended the month at 10$, looks like it´s going somewhere to me.
2- looks better to me than direct competitors like komodo or Hash: https://blog.zensystem.io/zencash-compared-to-komodo-infographic
4- if you check the pools it´s starting to have support. When i think of succesfull projects like Dash, zcash, Eth, monero, litecoin, bitcoin, etc. those are mineable and supported by miners in the past. So to me is a good sign at this state.
6- it´s resolving problems concerning "privacy", a desirable word this days in crypto world
7- it´s not just a coin, it´s set of tools: "Zen is a collection of products, services, and businesses built around an enabling technology"
8- It´s a discrete coin... no youtubers hyping it and telling you to buy. Less noise to me means less market fluctuations and whales taking the kids money when the coin tries to grow.
9- it´s profitable in more ways than mining (Zen Secure Nodes), and that means to me more adoption and support.
10- The white paper Purpose is something i just like https://zensystem.io/assets/Zen%20White%20Paper.pdf

Number 7 is very important and I think is missed by some; from their website:

“The world’s first private, distributed, and reliable “Platform” for communications, transactions and publishing.

It's not just a privacy coin, but a privacy platform

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
yorklab

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:05:32 PM

"it has a big backing up from the Chinese investors which is a really huge thing"

Wait until the Secure Nodes launch (about a month from now). Sometime after the launch I believe we'll see backers from companies/groups/organizations too. In fact I'm convinced they are just waiting for the Secure Nodes to launch (and prove to be stable) before integrating into the Zencash platform.

Again, think Platform here.

klllkll

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:49:48 PM

I also believe in ZEN. Glad I found this coin when it was $5 in fiat. I think it's still undervalued. Devs seem active and I like their marketing in Asia.

KiwiMining

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:33:52 AM

Thanks Tui! Just what I needed Cheesy will look abit further and hopefully come to a decision in the next coming days.
Dart315

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:22:36 PM

I also believe in ZEN. Glad I found this coin when it was $5 in fiat. I think it's still undervalued. Devs seem active and I like their marketing in Asia.

It's 7.09$ at coinmarket now. You're still happy?
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:11:50 PM

why wouldn't he be?

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
Regulater

Activity: 273

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:15:57 PM

Everything is down, what do you expect?
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:30:36 PM

BTC will hit 6K this year this low will be at 4K. Use those small swings caused by this BTC movements. This is perfect time for accumulation. ZEN won't go more down, do not count on this. We are awaiting a lot of good news and events - >

You can rent this space
tuiputui

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:51:32 PM

BTC will hit 6K this year this low will be at 4K. Use those small swings caused by this BTC movements. This is perfect time for accumulation. ZEN won't go more down, do not count on this. We are awaiting a lot of good news and events - >

Agree, if price is down today is purely for market trend not because Zen users cares a single bit about china or any gov. Zen uses ZenHIDE

https://zensystem.io/assets/Zen%20White%20Paper.pdf
5.5 ZenHide
It is possible for regulators in countries hostile to crypto-commerce to block traditional
crypto-currencies like Bitcoin and even Zcash. Zen uses Domain Fronting to extend the ability
to complete transactions in adversarial network environments
, as explained in Blockingresistant
communication through domain fronting abstract:
We describe “domain fronting,” a versatile censorship circumvention technique
that hides the remote endpoint of a communication. Domain fronting works
at the application layer, using HTTPS, to communicate with a forbidden host
while appearing to communicate with some other host, permitted by the censor.
The key idea is the use of different domain names at different layers of communication.
One domain appears on the “outside” of an HTTPS request–in the
DNS request and TLS Server Name Indication, while another domain appears
on the “inside”–in the HTTP Host header, invisible to the censor under HTTPS
encryption.
A censor, unable to distinguish fronted and non-fronted traffic to a domain,
must choose between allowing circumvention traffic and blocking the domain
entirely, which results in expensive collateral damage.
Domain fronting is easy to deploy and use and does not require special cooperation
by network intermediaries. We identify a number of hard-to-block
web services, such as content delivery networks, that supp

yorklab

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:20:40 PM

Someone just bought up a 28 bitcoin wall at about 170k and it's still climbing!

Looks like there are believers with a lot of Bitcoin out there. With all the news that's about to take place in the next few months this bodes well for Zencash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: