Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:26:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If War happens.  (Read 773 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:20:31 PM

As we all know Trump stand on North Korea to meet with fire has not gone very well, with North Korea, and normally you do expect them to say we will retaliate, or we can harm them, what is worrying that they have specifically said they will destroy, Guam, now we all know they want to target usa military and trump statement that America nuke has never been so powerful, though I know it won't happen but yet again if it does I believe Bitcoin prices shall cross unbelievable levels, as global currencies shall take a hit. Before you write war may not happen, look at the leaders of two countries and let's not discount the fact America terms with China are not good now. I wish no war should happen but keep a watch on this news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:13:40 PM

Imagine if war would wage on a city I think that cities economic growth and wealth will be very affected by it, and if North korea would wage war against America I think all economic market will be affected as well including bitcoin and the price would surely be affected I think let's all stand together so war would be prevented because I think a large portion of the bitcoin community from the US will be very affected by it.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

Money is already rushing into the traditional safe havens of gold and swiss francs.

The people most affected by a war with North Korea would be the South Koreans - and some of them might start putting money away in bitcoin just to be safe in case their economy tanks along with their currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:17:35 PM

That's true, war between the US and NoKor is inevitable seeing how the tension is escalating as I watched the news. It is a power play and I agree that South Korea is the most affected by the situation. NoKor is pushing for unification ever since and the alliance and support of US to South Korea makes it hard for them to achieve that. I just hope that btc will not much affected once the war happens. But most of all, my heart goes to all the citizens who will be caught in the middle of it. Sad thing that I know for sure a war will happen because it is biblical, it was foretold and nothing can stop it. It just a matter of when and where will it happen.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

people should stop worrying about the prospect of war between USA and its possible allies against the demagogue-lead North Korea. There will no such a war! What we are actually seeing and reading is a WAR OF WORDS and nothing more. This had been the case with North Korea before and they are just good in making threats. Of course, USA has to answer back with more threats because this is just a psychological warfare.

North Korea though lead by a leader who can be out of his mind is actually not very stupid to start a war because they will be all be killed in a snap if they do that. N.Korea knows this. Or maybe N.Korea understand that this is just to show off and brag their military capability to the whole world.

Days from now, there will not anymore be big news out of this! Shall we go back to Bitcoin now?

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:49:31 AM

If North Korea launches a EMP attack against South Korea, how will the south koreans use their bitcoins?

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:31:56 AM

If North Korea launches a EMP attack against South Korea, how will the south koreans use their bitcoins?

They will just be forced to hold them or go to Japan and spend them.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:07:09 AM

As we all know Trump stand on North Korea to meet with fire has not gone very well, with North Korea, and normally you do expect them to say we will retaliate, or we can harm them, what is worrying that they have specifically said they will destroy, Guam, now we all know they want to target usa military and trump statement that America nuke has never been so powerful, though I know it won't happen but yet again if it does I believe Bitcoin prices shall cross unbelievable levels, as global currencies shall take a hit. Before you write war may not happen, look at the leaders of two countries and let's not discount the fact America terms with China are not good now. I wish no war should happen but keep a watch on this news.

If a nuclear war happens, the price of Bitcoin will be the least of our worries. Even if I were sitting in an unaffected country, the long term consequences of war (indirectly) would be felt. South Korea is a major market for Bitcoin and the effect of war on Bitcoin's price is not predictable.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:18:36 AM

If a nuclear war happens, the price of Bitcoin will be the least of our worries. Even if I were sitting in an unaffected country, the long term consequences of war (indirectly) would be felt. South Korea is a major market for Bitcoin and the effect of war on Bitcoin's price is not predictable.

That's my gut reaction: unpredictable. I don't think it would necessarily be a boon for Bitcoin at all. Similarly, I'm not sure a stock market crash would benefit Bitcoin either (like many bitcoiners think). Lack of cheap money and the collapse of speculative (particularly tech) investments, could cause quite the opposite effect. But again, I really don't think it's easy to gauge demand under these hypothetical scenarios. Economic turmoil (caused not by inflationary currency but war) could be very bad for BTC. No idea, though....
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:29:51 AM

If war happens no currency will be spared including cryptocurrencies. The world will go into an economic collapse and the most valuable trading mediums will be your basic necessities like food, water, clothing and other items you could use to survive. What use is there for BTC in times of war? Nothing.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:31:34 AM

North korea : They might not have all the nuclear weapons which they claim they have

America : Trump want to stand strong but he might not just drop some bomb or something in stronger opponent like china or north korea.

China : China is more focused on being being financially strong rather than politically strong, so they might arise as new world leader if there will be war between USA and North korea.

Talking about impact of this in bitcoin's price, definitely price can shoot up to $100k or even more because china love bitcoin and it have most of the largest bitcoin miners in the country.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:02:48 PM

If huge scale war happens, noone is sure what is going to happen with crypto syastems and bitcoin. It may slow down I suppose. I am sure that national currencies would take a hit. People would go buy LOT of gold instead.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:09:34 PM

Just the mere thought of this war between north korea and the united states of america, send so much chills to my body down to my bone marrows. GHAD!! This is not just about bitcoins and other crypto currencies it's about the whole world! Damn! Even if we are in a country that won't be reached by the war, we will still be reached by the long term events that may haloen after this! I just hope this never happens :/
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:30:47 PM

In wars, safe haven assets boom. The question is: Has Bitcoin reached the point where it can be considered a safe haven asset, the way gold is?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:39:46 PM

Wtf nokor has barely one nuke ready to deploy.

Need some more nukes for a nuclear winter or post apocalyptic dystopia.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:45:41 PM

Don't worry about bitcoin if these war happens. It is nuclear war, no one is safe. Even if nokor does not have enough firepower to match USA, and all it have is bluff. His actions, if he chose to start nuking any USA base might ignite wars all over the world. Bitcoin will be irrelevant then.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:57:42 PM

if these happen we dont have any clue if bitcoin can be a good asset to hold since we are also ain't sure whether system will survive if war
ignite between super powers nuclear weapons can destroy each economy and bitcoin won't be exempted if things happen it should be stop
so we can enjoy our investment.

sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:23:25 PM

War with North Korea is beneficial to America. What says Kim Jong UN doesn't mean anything. If this war it will be only on the territory of North Korea and might affect the neighboring countries. This will lead to an outflow of capital to a quieter area. This is America, and Europe. China may face problems and this may affect the price of bitcoin.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:42:54 PM

I was late about this news and i just watch this news few hours ago and hope that this war will not happen because i think it can affect also the price of bitcoin or worldwide price of bitcoin..
I just watch the news that north  korea was lunch a nuclear to the ocean.  i just saw that news few hours ago and looks like they want to Challenged USA..
Hope that it will not turn into the war..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

Its something that I have equally been following for quite a while and I see that this is something that would be unavoidable for long because of the way the two leaders are going about it and even the confrontations between US and Russia is not as so challenging as this. If this should happen, I believe world leaders are equally not sleeping over the matter and would be planning for a buffer which I believe strongly won't be automatic entry for bitcoin but there would be some improvement though but not massive as being speculated.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: