Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM WARNING] Noobpool.com  (Read 1204 times)
krallkain (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:55:58 PM

This is to warn everyone about noobpool.com and the little scam they are running.

Since the pool had decent reviews on this forum, I decided to put some hashing power to test out the pool on Monday and Tuesday. I made something like ETH 2.5, and then stopped mining there since it looked like payments were not coming through. Next thing I know, the owner sends out an update that payments are going to be delayed because of a supposed hack. But that's not all, the next day he sends out another update that "pool hoppers" are not welcome to the pool and their reward will be redistributed to other miners.

Now, I guess I can believe that noobpool were hacked (although many larger pools run the same software -- none of which reported any problems AFAIK). But next, stopping payments and then arguing that people who redirected their miners elsewhere because they were not being paid were hopping is complete BS. Not to mention that pools with PROP rewards can only blame themselves if people are hopping (for God's sake, just do PPLNS if you don't want that to happen).

In any case, noobpool.com operator, you owe me a bit more than ETH 2.5. I do not expect to recover any of it, but I can at least warn everyone else not to trust you.

TL;DR Mine at your own risk on noobpool.com.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noobpool

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 03:41:28 PM

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.  They take a huge % of the reward for an hour of being on the pool when others spend a full day or two to find the block.  I believe what the website says is.

POOL HOPPERS are unwelcome here. I'm talking about the people who jump on the instant we hit a block with 20GH for an hour or two just to take a big % of the reward from the miners who actually stay and work to find a block. These type of pool hoppers will be taxed and that eth spread to the other miners.

And since everyone with an amount over 0.1 were paid off 2 days ago, I don't see how you could be owed 2.5 eth?  That would mean you took 50% of the block reward.  We have an average of around 8GH, and as far as I know, no one has been running any hash power that would cause them to be able to make that kind of %..  Oh wait, the pool hoppers. 

If you don't like it, don't use our pool for you're pool hopping.  No one has been taxed yet, but if you continue to do it, you will be.  Or I can just ban you totally. 

So everyone beware!  Noobpool.com is a scam because they don't want pool hoppers cheating honest miners.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
krallkain (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:08:58 PM

Where is the evidence that I was pool hopping? I was trying out your pool and submitted pretty constant hashrate over the two days. Then I stopped submitting because I was not being paid and your conclusion is that this qualifies as hopping?  Huh

Also, you have got to be kidding me that you taxed no once since I had a little over ETH2.5 pending yesterday and I am barely at ETH1 now with no payments made. The only fact at this point is that you took over half my ETH and most likely will never pay the rest.

As for your suggestion that I must be a pool hopper because I have some pretty big hashrate, that is just BS. I came to your pool with half my hashrate to try out a new pool with (apparently) good reviews, not to pool hop. I do not know who your pool hopper is (assuming there even is one), but it sure is not me.
noobpool

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 05:55:16 PM

I actually should be thanking you for advertising that we don't allow pool hoppers.  It helps the real miners, not the people who are trying to scam the system, and in turn will bring more people to the pool.  Good job, it was a very helpful post.  And the title will get a lot of people to read the post.  I should hire you as a marketing guy.

sir_blacks

Activity: 119
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:50:31 PM

1. if he was say he was mining 2 day how it can be name pool hopper ? according what he was say "Monday and Tuesday" post address probabil it can show to all if he was constant mining

2. like a noob in mining i am tent to say > pool hopper < (pool jumper) system it can work on small pools what have let say 1-10 block discover / day not on a pool with +~370 / day (24 hour) = ~15,4 block / hour, probability to find exact time on exact % to jump in hmmm very hard, not impossible true, to be found on this rate but i am a new comer in this domain Smiley

3. if a person it constant mining 8-12-16 hour / day it can be name "pool jumper" ? or let say if it mining 8 constant hour on 1 pool then goo to other & stay there other 4-10 hour is pool hopper ?

@noobpool & to other pool's small suggestion for help small miner make min cash out 0.01 or 0.02

p.s. watch out on what you wish about hire a person like this Wink build a reputation base on drama not a smart idea Smiley but i guess you was want to make a joke Smiley

cheers
noobpool

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:05:52 PM

If someone joins the pool with a big hash rate and stays for 6,8,12 hours, that's not a pool hopper.  The ones I, and the miners of the pool, don't like are the people who jump in a few seconds after we hit a block and mine for 1-2 hours and leave.  They grab a majority of the % and then let everyone else stay around and do the work to find the block and they get an easy payday from it.  It's considered cheating the system by pretty much everyone except the people who do it.

Those are the only people that are not welcome.  They can take us off their list for their bots to use and everyone will be better off.  If they keep doing it they will be taxed to the point they won't waste their time trying to cheat others.

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:14:38 AM

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.  They take a huge % of the reward for an hour of being on the pool when others spend a full day or two to find the block.  I believe what the website says is.

POOL HOPPERS are unwelcome here. I'm talking about the people who jump on the instant we hit a block with 20GH for an hour or two just to take a big % of the reward from the miners who actually stay and work to find a block. These type of pool hoppers will be taxed and that eth spread to the other miners.

And since everyone with an amount over 0.1 were paid off 2 days ago, I don't see how you could be owed 2.5 eth?  That would mean you took 50% of the block reward.  We have an average of around 8GH, and as far as I know, no one has been running any hash power that would cause them to be able to make that kind of %..  Oh wait, the pool hoppers.  

If you don't like it, don't use our pool for you're pool hopping.  No one has been taxed yet, but if you continue to do it, you will be.  Or I can just ban you totally.  

So everyone beware!  Noobpool.com is a scam because they don't want pool hoppers cheating honest miners.

If someone joins the pool with a big hash rate and stays for 6,8,12 hours, that's not a pool hopper.  The ones I, and the miners of the pool, don't like are the people who jump in a few seconds after we hit a block and mine for 1-2 hours and leave.  They grab a majority of the % and then let everyone else stay around and do the work to find the block and they get an easy payday from it.  It's considered cheating the system by pretty much everyone except the people who do it.

Those are the only people that are not welcome.  They can take us off their list for their bots to use and everyone will be better off.  If they keep doing it they will be taxed to the point they won't waste their time trying to cheat others.

The person saying the above mentioned must be some kind of ignorant fucking retard, get with the times noobpool you thief!

What you are doing is withholding somebodies payment/s due to you not liking the situation, that deserves a BIG BOLD WTF ! You deserve to be tagged red as a scammer and scam pool !

If your miners can't hit blocks reguarly on your pool then they should move to another pool that does so they get constant payments, why do you think miners get incentive ? exactly... the more rig hashpower you point the more rewards you get, now if you throw heaps onto a tiny pool you are essentially solo mining with scavengers.... others are getting fractions quicker then having to wait days/weeks/months to find the next block, be fucking grateful !

You should educated yourself more before trying to play GOD with other peoples money, there is specific guidelines in crypto and you obviously just crossed the line and admitted it yourself.

*In Summary
Stay away from Noobpool.com !
*It's a SCAM !
noobpool

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:30:44 AM

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.  They take a huge % of the reward for an hour of being on the pool when others spend a full day or two to find the block.  I believe what the website says is.

And since everyone with an amount over 0.1 were paid off 2 days ago, I don't see how you could be owed 2.5 eth?  That would mean you took 50% of the block reward.  We have an average of around 8GH, and as far as I know, no one has been running any hash power that would cause them to be able to make that kind of %..  Oh wait, the pool hoppers.  

If you don't like it, don't use our pool for you're pool hopping.  No one has been taxed yet, but if you continue to do it, you will be.  Or I can just ban you totally.  

So everyone beware!  Noobpool.com is a scam because they don't want pool hoppers cheating honest miners.

If someone joins the pool with a big hash rate and stays for 6,8,12 hours, that's not a pool hopper.  The ones I, and the miners of the pool, don't like are the people who jump in a few seconds after we hit a block and mine for 1-2 hours and leave.  They grab a majority of the % and then let everyone else stay around and do the work to find the block and they get an easy payday from it.  It's considered cheating the system by pretty much everyone except the people who do it.

Those are the only people that are not welcome.  They can take us off their list for their bots to use and everyone will be better off.  If they keep doing it they will be taxed to the point they won't waste their time trying to cheat others.

The person saying the above mentioned must be some kind of ignorant fucking retard, get with the times noobpool you thief!

What you are doing is withholding somebodies payment/s due to you not liking the situation, that deserves a BIG BOLD WTF ! You deserve to be tagged red as a scammer and scam pool !

If your miners can't hit blocks reguarly on your pool then they should move to another pool that does so they get constant payments, why do you think miners get incentive ? exactly... the more rig hashpower you point the more rewards you get, now if you throw heaps onto a tiny pool you are essentially solo mining with scavengers.... others are getting fractions quicker then having to wait days/weeks/months to find the next block, be fucking grateful !

You should educated yourself more before trying to play GOD with other peoples money, there is specific guidelines in crypto and you obviously just crossed the line and admitted it yourself.

*In Summary
*It's a SCAM !

Sure, it's a scam.  Everyone should stay away.  Unless, of course, you want a pool that doesn't allow people to cheat the system and you get paid for the work you do instead of competing with pieces of shit who use bots to try to steal a big % of the reward and screw over smaller miners.  People talk so much shit when they can hide behind their keyboard.  Without the hoppers we hit a block every 2 days on average.  We would rather spend a little extra time than to be fucked over by some piece of shit trying to cheat the system.  I warn you on the website home page and I warn you here.  If you're a pool hopper who jumps on the second we hit a block with 20GH to cheat the system, you won't get paid for it.  So fuck off, stay off our pool, or don't..  Bring us free hash power that you won't be rewarded for.  This is NOOBPOOL, so obviously most a lot of our members are NOOBS, as in new to mining cryptocurrency and I won't allow them to be cheated by assholes like you.  I will protect them and make sure they are paid what they deserve for the work they do.   

Did I mention you can fuck off?  If not, you can just fuck off.  Go find another pool to scam, we don't put up with that shit at noobpool.com.  All hail the noob!  (that's me by the way). 

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:00:37 AM

*In Summary
*It's a SCAM !

Sure, it's a scam.  Everyone should stay away.  Unless, of course, you want a pool that doesn't allow people to cheat the system and you get paid for the work you do instead of competing with pieces of shit who use bots to try to steal a big % of the reward and screw over smaller miners.  People talk so much shit when they can hide behind their keyboard.  Without the hoppers we hit a block every 2 days on average.  We would rather spend a little extra time than to be fucked over by some piece of shit trying to cheat the system.  I warn you on the website home page and I warn you here.  If you're a pool hopper who jumps on the second we hit a block with 20GH to cheat the system, you won't get paid for it.  So fuck off, stay off our pool, or don't..  Bring us free hash power that you won't be rewarded for.  This is NOOBPOOL, so obviously most a lot of our members are NOOBS, as in new to mining cryptocurrency and I won't allow them to be cheated by assholes like you.  I will protect them and make sure they are paid what they deserve for the work they do.  

Did I mention you can fuck off?  If not, you can just fuck off.  Go find another pool to scam, we don't put up with that shit at noobpool.com.  All hail the noob!  (that's me by the way).  

Lol, so calling 1 user with better hashpower than you who chooses where and how long to mine for is called a cheater in your books and won't be paid by you....

Speaking to you makes my brain cell count dimnish Cheesy I can assure you that presents will be coming your way.
noobpool

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 07:26:45 AM

Oh no, some random person on the internet is making idle threats to me because I won't allow him to cheat the system.  Oh how will I sleep at night?  Now I'll have to start sleeping with my gun under my pillow.  Oh the terror.  Oh the fright.  I'm not sure how I can go on.  I better just close down my pool now and go hide somewhere.

Oh wait..  What I meant to say was...

Bring it on bitch.  You can't, and won't do anything but talk.  So talk all you want, bash the pool everywhere on the internet you can find.  It doesn't do anything but give us more exposure and help bring in more miners who don't want to mine on a pool that allows scumbag pool hopping cheaters like you.   

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:32:44 PM

*In Summary
*It's a SCAM !

If you are blaming the variance on the pool and its miners, then you have no idea no idea what you are talking about and how crypto mining works. If you need daily payments, then dont fucking join a pool that generates 2-3 blocks a week in average. If you are pool hopping expecting to only find blocks within a 30% variance, else go to the next one, by the definition of variance (on prop pools), youre fucking other people over. Surely youre free to do it, but dont expect people to be happy about it and get mad when they try to prevent it.

Then again, youre calling a scam while advertising a binary options site on your signature... go figure.

Note that Im new to this, and was just wondering why was that. In no way my intention is to start drama or w/e.

Such noob, many advice, so smart, make me rich, moon Roll Eyes Cheesy
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:17:20 PM

*In Summary
*It's a SCAM !

If you are blaming the variance on the pool and its miners, then you have no idea no idea what you are talking about and how crypto mining works. If you need daily payments, then dont fucking join a pool that generates 2-3 blocks a week in average. If you are pool hopping expecting to only find blocks within a 30% variance, else go to the next one, by the definition of variance (on prop pools), youre fucking other people over. Surely youre free to do it, but dont expect people to be happy about it and get mad when they try to prevent it.

Then again, youre calling a scam while advertising a binary options site on your signature... go figure.

Note that Im new to this, and was just wondering why was that. In no way my intention is to start drama or w/e.

Such noob, many advice, so smart, make me rich, moon Roll Eyes Cheesy

So because I had no experience in order to be sure in calling out a suspicious transaction (in which i was completly right btw), means I dont know the maths behind the probabilities of mining?. What a moron.

Yet you believe the Pool OP when he says the Pool got hacked a few times, yet the thing is it's the same code he and many others who host Pools use Roll Eyes

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:05:06 PM

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple. 

Not paying users for submitted hash is theft, plain and simple. And your attitude in this thread  says all that needs to be
said about your immaturity and lack of ethics.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
noobpool

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:45:11 PM

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple. 

Not paying users for submitted hash is theft, plain and simple. And your attitude in this thread  says all that needs to be
said about your immaturity and lack of ethics.

Call me what you want, but the pool hoppers have suddenly vanished.  Shocking.  I'm running a prop server and no pool hoppers.

As for the comments about me stealing the hacked reward blocks.  Ugh.  Just go back and track the transactions instead of making stupid accusations. 

Chunry

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:30:49 PM

i have been making between 120 and 140 mh/s, for 3 days i only made 0.0266 wich is about $8.5. i did not doubdt and start mining with nicehash where i make aboaut the same in one day, i think it is SCAM
eliteminer8

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:24:14 AM

What happened to the OP? How come he stopped replying when the pool operator asked for specifics.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:36:17 AM

While alot of things that happened in this thread are unprofessional the simple solution for this to resolve itself is for the OP to just post the address he was mining to. This would allow for fill transparency to check the claims.  I am not a fan of believing everything I read on the internet without proof and I think this is a great example if you are going to put out accusations that they should be backed up with evidence from a third party that can verify.  I dont want to take sides here but would like to see more details as opposed to he said she said type arguments.  Without evidence it would be pretty easy to discredit many competitor pools by making accusations, not saying that is what is happening here but its a slippery slope.
MaxHash

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 02:24:17 AM

While alot of things that happened in this thread are unprofessional the simple solution for this to resolve itself is for the OP to just post the address he was mining to. This would allow for fill transparency to check the claims.  I am not a fan of believing everything I read on the internet without proof and I think this is a great example if you are going to put out accusations that they should be backed up with evidence from a third party that can verify.  I dont want to take sides here but would like to see more details as opposed to he said she said type arguments.  Without evidence it would be pretty easy to discredit many competitor pools by making accusations, not saying that is what is happening here but its a slippery slope.

Preach!
PandaminerScam

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:37:20 AM

Maybe Noobpool operator does not know how to code and write PPLNS/PPS?

PROP is PROP and it is your fault for running PROP. PROP is PPLNS where N = one block.

Your pool sux anyway, look at the orphan and uncle rate lol! Something is wrong.
noobpool

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 08:37:21 PM

I don't want to run a pplns pool, I want to run prop.  It's better for noobs and part time miners.  Our hopper code stops the pool hoppers and when they do decide to try, their shares are given to the other miners, so it only helps the people who don't try to cheat the system. 

Yes, sometimes we have bad luck on a block and it takes longer than average to find a block, so people end up making less than they would somewhere else, and often we find blocks faster and people make more.  People don't understand the luck factor involved because in big pools it's not noticeable, but smaller pools it makes a big difference.  If we average a block a day and we find a block in 5 minutes, you got paid a days worth of work in 5 minutes.  If it takes us 2 days, you got worked for 2 days for 1 day's worth of pay.  It's just how mining works.  It works the same on big pools who find a block every 5 minutes, but you don't notice when a hard block comes along and it take 10 minutes.

And if you believe the pool to be a scam, don't mine there.  If you're going to post that it's a scam, lets see some proof.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: