Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:22:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance and Exchange into Bitcoins  (Read 21114 times)
BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:25:39 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2021, 07:09:17 AM by BitcoinReseller

Hello everyone,

I notice some people still don't know how to claim their bitcoin cash which are created by the fork and what to do with them.

I will explain here step by step how to claim your bitcoin cash doubled balance and how to exchange them into bitcoins.

this is what i did for my balance, so i will explain here how this happens.

i will use empty wallet as example in my explanation.

First Step : Check How Much Bitcoin Cash You Have

Visit this page (Blockchair) :

https://1ink.cc/xVle

Write your wallet address to see how much bitcoin cash available on it.

click on search, you will see 2 results. one for Bitcoin and other for Bitcoin Cash.

from Bitcoin Cash results, click on Bitcoin Cash Address to see details about your wallet.
You will see in this page :
Total unspent (balance)    AAAAA BCC

in my example :
Total unspent (balance)    0.03981931 BCC*

Second Step : Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance

You will need any bitcoin cash wallet, i used Electron wallet to get my balance. but you can use any other wallet for bitcoin cash.

You can download Electron cash wallet from here :
https://1ink.cc/Z3cMC

Open wallet app, it will ask you to create new bitcoin cash wallet :
- Where to save it
- Set password

You can keep all as default, and click next.

You will see your new wallet is empty, with empty history.
You can see History, Send, Receive
in my example there are some transactions are already done before i write this topic.

To import your bitcoin cash wallet address and transfer funds into your wallet app, you will need Private Key for your bitcoin cash wallet which is same to bitcoin wallet private key.

If you don't have private keys for your bitcoin wallet, you should contact your wallet service provider for how to get private key for it.

Now, after getting private key for your bitcoin wallet, which is same to bitcoin cash, you have to sweep it into your Electron wallet.

Click on Wallet > Private Keys > Sweep

Write private key for your wallet, and click on Sweep.

If your wallet has many inputs, it may takes some seconds to 1 minute till it complete balance transfer.
Elecrton app transfer 100 inputs max per sweep.
if your wallet has more than 100 inputs (as like 400 inputs) you will need to sweep it (same private key) 3 or 4 times to transfer all fund on it.
You will need to wait for payment transaction confirmation for each sweep.

After sweeping wallet, you will get confirmation message with amount that is credited to your wallet app.
Click on Broadcast to confirm it.

New confirmation with transaction id will appear, press ok.

Now you can see new payment is received to your bitcoin cash wallet

wait until it gets one confirmation at least to be able to send it into Bittrex site if you want to exchange it into Bitcoins.

Last Step : Exchange Bitcoin Cash (BCC) into Bitcoin (BTC)

I used bittrex.com to sell my bitcoin cash and exchange with bitcoins.

you can create account on bittrex from here :
https://1ink.cc/eCh

Signup, confirm account and click on Wallets to see your balances and make Bitcoin Cash Deposit on Bittrex site.

Copy deposit address for your Bitcoin Cash.

Important : Make sure you are making Bitcoin Cash (BCC) deposit, not classic bitcoin. else your deposit will be lost.

Open Electron wallet again (after payment get confirmed) and send new bitcoin cash payment into bittrex.

Wait for your deposit to get confirmed on Bittrex.

You can see when it will be confirmed from Pending Deposits panel on Wallets page (at bittrex).
then need 20 confirmations at this time. you can see how much confirmations your deposit gets in this menu (pending deposits).

After your deposit is confirmed and credited into your Available Bitcoin Cash on bittrex. you are able to sell them into bitcoins now.

To sell your Bitcoin Cash with bitcoins click on Bittrex logo to visit markets page.
pick BTC-BCC market to start your exchange.

from this panel : Sell Bitcoin Cash
write the amount you want to sell, you can click on Max to sell all your bitcoin cash balance.
Price, enter the amount you agree to sell with, if you want to get buyers immediately change price from menu and set to Last.
and click on Sell Bitcoin Cash.
make sure that minimum is 0.005 btc.

once your exchange is complete, you will be able to withdraw your bitcoins again into your bitcoin wallet.
to do this, click on Wallets > Bitcoins > [-]

white your Bitcoin wallet address to withdraw your exchanged fund and get the profits from your bitcoin cash.
there is 0.001 btc withdraw fee from bittrex for transaction confirmation.

hope this was helpful, if you get any problem please post your question here and i will reply it when i have time.

Good luck everyone, enjoy your extra bitcoin rewards  Cheesy

-------------------------------------
If you find this helpful, please send me any donation for the time i spent to write all this  Grin
Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash donates are approved on same wallet :
1ab3REU5L2x23oHqZWbCxPvZFyBFnfid5

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:02:53 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. My question is: Does Bittrex generate a new deposit address once you send the coins? Because I want to keep my privacy by sending BTC separately in different batches, and for that I need the exchange to generate new receiving addresses each time.

This is I haven't done this yet, it will take a lot of time for me to send all the coins separately, and I haven't even found an exchange that doesn't keep giving me the same deposit address each time yet.

No way im sending all of my bitcoin in a single address.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:27:22 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. My question is: Does Bittrex generate a new deposit address once you send the coins? Because I want to keep my privacy by sending BTC separately in different batches, and for that I need the exchange to generate new receiving addresses each time.

This is I haven't done this yet, it will take a lot of time for me to send all the coins separately, and I haven't even found an exchange that doesn't keep giving me the same deposit address each time yet.

Bittrex has one fixed deposit address for your account.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:57:40 PM

They have, in fact I did send all of my Bitcoin Cash there because it is really a hassle finding another exchange site that will be giving me a good bitcoin cash wallet also, Bittrex is a trusted site so I think I don't really need to find another site. Though after the fork, their Bitcoin Cash Address was under maintenance the reason I've waited for almost a whole day.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:13:19 PM

there is absolutely no reason for including shortened urls in this. why would you even do it?

also with electron cash you do two things that i prefer differently:
1. the wallet creation:
which is best to be done on a completely separate and isolated machine. so that you cut its access to your main machine and files, specially if you have Electrum installed.
(also preferably compile from repo not download the binaries)

2. the wallet import,
you don't need to first sweep and then send. just make a new wallet and instead of letting it generate seed, select "i have private keys" and import them directly and spend those.
you will save up on precious time and money since blocks are slow still and you have to pay fees twice.

There is a FOMO brewing...
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:27:45 PM

there is absolutely no reason for including shortened urls in this. why would you even do it?

also with electron cash you do two things that i prefer differently:
1. the wallet creation:
which is best to be done on a completely separate and isolated machine. so that you cut its access to your main machine and files, specially if you have Electrum installed.
(also preferably compile from repo not download the binaries)

2. the wallet import,
you don't need to first sweep and then send. just make a new wallet and instead of letting it generate seed, select "i have private keys" and import them directly and spend those.
you will save up on precious time and money since blocks are slow still and you have to pay fees twice.

yes maybe you're right about additional steps i did (as like sweep), but actually i show here the steps i followed personally.

i agree maybe if you import keys at the beginning you won't need to sweep wallet.
however, sweeping wallets is required if you have more than one wallet include bitcoin cash.

thanks for your tip

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:50:12 PM

Thanks, in that case I will not even bother with Bittrex. I will need to find any other exchange that allows you to maintain privacy. Not that I was going to bother anyway. Bittrex has now limited new accounts to 0.025 BTC withdraws unless you send them all kinds of personal information which is nonsense. I want to trade crypto to another crypto, why they need to know my real name, address, place of birth etc.. it's ridiculous. I don't trust a crypto exchange with my personal info at all.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:06:53 PM

Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial. I think many of the beginners needed this kind of steps. I too heard that Bittrex did this ridiculous limit to all the accounts and it will definitely affect them.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:44:08 PM

Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial. I think many of the beginners needed this kind of steps. I too heard that Bittrex did this ridiculous limit to all the accounts and it will definitely affect them.

i check my account now,
there is 3 btc limit for withdraw per day.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:51:07 PM

i check my account now,
there is 3 btc limit for withdraw per day.

Interesting. When did you create this account?

Back then, it used to be "unlimited", then "1337 BTC", in reality both of these were a 3 digit limit I think, they just set these funny numbers for a joke. These are now called "legacy accounts" and bittrex plans to delete them as in making them regular accounts so watch out for that.

Then I Heard it was 3 BTC, then 1 BTC, now im hearing 0.025 BTC.

I tried a while ago, and it was 1 BTC AND it required address, place of birth and other stuff in order to get verified to trade even crypto to crypto which is indeed nuts.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:21:27 PM

i created my account about two weeks ago, once i heard about bitcoin cash, i search where to sell bcc and i find bittrex.
my account created when bcc released.

krc

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:00:39 PM

Hi I am new to this
Followed all your instructions and managed to get my BCC and transferred it to Bittrex but found my btc was sent from my bitcoin wallet at the same time. Would like to know if I have lost these totally or if I can retrieve it somehow as I have just lost roughly £80 in BTC for £8 in BCC.
asmodeus130

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:11:31 AM

Hi, I had 0.5 btc on blockchain.info wallet before the fork. When I do the first step to check balance it says no result found for either btc or bch... Am I doing something wrong?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:16:44 AM

Hi, I had 0.5 btc on blockchain.info wallet before the fork. When I do the first step to check balance it says no result found for either btc or bch... Am I doing something wrong?

maybe the fork done after you sent funds from your wallet.
you can send me your wallet address and i check it again for you.

asmodeus130

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:40:48 AM

I went to install electron cash wallet from the link you provided and Window Defender said it found the following malware

Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl
Alert level: SEVERE

Just saying...
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

I went to install electron cash wallet from the link you provided and Window Defender said it found the following malware

Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl
Alert level: SEVERE

Just saying...

can you try to install it from the official site?
anyway, there is no worry if your bitcoin wallet is empty, if not just move your bitcoins to new wallet and you will be safe  Wink

asmodeus130

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:52:30 AM

Yeah Im sure its a false alarm anyway but just letting you know Smiley
krc

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:54:37 PM

Hi
   I have not had any reply to my earlier post regarding loosing my bitcoin following using this step by step guide I know my bitcoin went to the following address. 164hXP8g8B2GU6dMoxbYvPnm8KLt8YpVGx
When I searched this address found it had more bitcoin than I lost so I believe it may have been stolen. Would appreciate any advice on what I can do about retrieving my bitcoin.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:22:03 PM

do you get any balance credited into your electron wallet app?
maybe 164hXP8g8B2GU6dMoxbYvPnm8KLt8YpVGx is your address on electron wallet app.

krc

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:33:14 PM

Hi
I setup an electron wallet for bitcoincash but transferred that to Bittrex as your guide now I have the bitcoin cash left in bittrex and the electron wallet is empty also my bitcoin org wallet is empty I did download an electron bitcoin wallet to try the addresses but no luck also I did put the electron wallets on a different computer to the bitcoin org wallet to stop conflict. When I transferred the bitcoin cash to Bittrex the bitcoin went from my original wallet at the same time with exactly the same confirmations as the bitcoin cash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: