Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash miner: forcing to mine the currency i want  (Read 407 times)
Lionel (OP)

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:08:35 PM

Hi,
i am using NiceHash miner but
i want to disable auto-switching of the currency and telling it to mine a specific coin that i want.

How to do that?

Also, will NiceHash automatically run the best mining software for that currency ?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:32:21 PM

Go into the benchmarks page and unclick the algorithms you do NOT want to mine, then restart mining.

**************** BUT *******************

IF you want to mine a CURRENCY, you need to mine through a pool for that currency or solo mine, NOT use Nicehash - you don't mine CURRENCIES through their service, you provide hashrate that is paid for via their market for that ALGORITHM then whoever is buying your hashrate uses it to mine whatever THEY chose to mine with it.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 786

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:02:29 PM

You can disable the rest of the algorithms you don't want to use, but that doesn't make any sense. You won't be getting that you are mining in the form of that coin (Decred algorithm won't get you Decred coins). Everything you mine is automatically turned into Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x