Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:50:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I support Firecoin2 & Update on the state of the coin  (Read 1559 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nolo (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:38:01 AM

I've been asked by a couple of people as to why I am supporting a coin so strongly when it was originally released as a "joke" to show how bad the new alt coins are.  (No, it isn't just because I have tons of these coins.  I do have quite a few of these coins though, but it's because I have mined it nonstop, and believe in it.) 

The reason is, that despite it's original intentions it turned out to be the most fair release of any of the new coins.  There was 0 premine.  It was not an orphan fest, where only those sitting on top of the nodes have a latency low enough to find any blocks. And it now has pretty good support in the community.  It has a very fast transaction time compared to some of the older coins as well, but not so fast as to cause crazy orphans and massive blockchain bloat. 

I am not a dev nor any kind of insider.  I am only a miner and supporter.

All of that being said here's the current state of the coin.  The coin has been completely rebranded as Firecoin2.  The "2" remained for no other reason than to keep the acronym FC2. 

Difficulty is currently 4.  The hashrate is moderately low however.  What this means, is that block times are taking roughly twice as long as they should.  I am throwing approximately 6 Mh/s at it, and am getting tons of blocks quite regularly.  If you don't have that kind of power, there are numerous pools up and running now.  But if you do, solo mining is still very effective. 

If you missed the original launch which was only two days ago, don't fret.  You can get tons of blocks now with the hash rate so low.  Below is the information you need to get started.  Also, if you would rather just buy the coins, they are being sold relatively cheap on my google docs exchange:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=207514.0

Firecoin2 has a block reward of 200 coins and will have a total of 336 million coins.

Default port is 9131 – Forwarding this port can help if you have connection problems
Default RPC port is 9132 - This is the port is point your miners towards if solo mining
Block target is 150 seconds
Difficulty changes every 2016 blocks
Block reward halves every 840,000 blocks

Windows binary: http://www.mediafire.com/?pgbk6ppwmo4cg3c
Source: http://www.mediafire.com/?pks74njs6b88i4b

Official website: http://firecoin2.com

Faucet: http://admindependencia.net/fcfaucet.html

Pool: http://pool.titanix.net:9999

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:43:56 AM

as soon as we have buyer, then we're good, unless... same the others, that's all  Grin

Kinetic915

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:50:07 AM

+1 to this.

Give this a look people.  This here is a solid reliable coin.  This is not a mad dash coin or a mad dump coin.  Give it a look and you will not be disappointed.  This coin is almost an entirely community supported coin, many are for it and want support for it.  Hazard, the dev, has been kind enough to give us very reliable support on the client side.  Check it out and let us all know what to do to improve!  The FireCoin2 community will do our best to support any requests.

TheDirtybird

Activity: 206

http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:54:28 AM

It was developed overnight..are you out of your mind?
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:57:44 AM

It was developed overnight..are you out of your mind?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

It was probably developed in less time than overnight.

Since when is the measure of a product it's development time?  Ask Butterfly Labs. 

The lack of a lengthy development time changes nothing in regard to the launch and mechanics of the coin. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:01:47 AM

Great coin love the name and new logo.  This one should go the distance
saudibull

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:35:07 AM

Dosent matter how long it took to develop, its a better coin than any other in a while, and people were working on those other coins much longer - It also dosent matter if it started out as a joke or not / if something works, it works. Imagine how many things we use, watch or deal with everyday that started out as a joke, and is priceless, multibillion dollar companies, what have you.... Im not saying this is the next BitCoin, it's not - But its the best alt. we have had in a while. If people looked into it a little more rather than hype and cool names like these other coins, you all will see your wallet full of FC2 go a long way -
bopbeep

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:38:40 AM

Dosent matter how long it took to develop, its a better coin than any other in a while, and people were working on those other coins much longer - It also dosent matter if it started out as a joke or not / if something works, it works. Imagine how many things we use, watch or deal with everyday that started out as a joke, and is priceless, multibillion dollar companies, what have you.... Im not saying this is the next BitCoin, it's not - But its the best alt. we have had in a while. If people looked into it a little more rather than hype and cool names like these other coins, you all will see your wallet full of FC2 go a long way -

please explain to me why this is better than the other alt coins
Kinetic915

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:41:28 AM

its entirely community supported.  besides the client everything else was the community pulling this together.  There was no secrecy in this coin. Yes it did not suddenly explode like wdc but I havent seen any accusation of scam etc etc.  Its a solid coin.  The coin itself is fast, confirms fast pays fast in large amounts.  I think this coin has got the best support i've ever seen in a alt so far

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:43:01 AM

It is also a beautiful looking coin
aysyr

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:43:53 AM

You do realize it had the exact same release as Feathercoin with the exact same source code and yet it's somehow better than it?

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
bopbeep

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:54:47 AM

its entirely community supported.
I think this coin has got the best support i've ever seen in a alt so far

support = early adopters
FC was pump and dump with a lot of support
CHN was pump and dump with a lot of support
i'm going to laugh if people buy into this
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:57:04 AM

You do realize it had the exact same release as Feathercoin with the exact same source code and yet it's somehow better than it?

I have no beef with FTC.  I supported FTC and thought it was a good coin.  But it grew too fast and fell pretty hard.  I'm hoping FC2 can resist that immediate out of control growth and collapse that FTC has underwent.  Although now, FTC seems to have found its place as it matures more.  

So like I said, no problem with FTC.  I hope it does well. It has its supporters though, and I'm supporting FC2 now.  

Kinetic915

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:59:21 AM

support = early adopters

The whole point is how its a solid steady coin.  No pump and dump.  Yeah we adopted it but that doesn't mean you cant too.

Nolo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:01:53 AM

support = early adopters

The whole point is how its a solid steady coin.  No pump and dump.  Yeah we adopted it but that doesn't mean you cant too.

Exactly.  I'm mining it hard, and getting plenty of coins.  I'll be even happier when more people mine and I get less coins.  The community behind this coin isn't here to pump it and dump it.  That's why the giveaways and bounty programs have been so successful. 

Jump on.  Get your blocks and join in on the next big coin Smiley

Kinetic915

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

We should name it commie coin. lol maybe a big fc2 giveaway will help idk?

tobobit

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:37:04 AM

All I've see Nolo doing is trashing other coins and promoting FC2

AFAIC he is just a mouthpiece talking out of his neck with as much cred as one of those shills from MCX

Just saying.
I mined a couple hundred FC2, so I have some interest in it gaining traction, but I think there are better alternatives.
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:49:01 AM

AFAIC he is just a mouthpiece talking out of his neck with as much cred as one of those shills from MCX

Just saying.
I mined a couple hundred FC2, so I have some interest in it gaining traction, but I think there are better alternatives.

Sad  Other than when a launch is a miserable failure due to low difficulty and orphans, I never bash other alt coins.  I'm one of the biggest promoters of alt coins there is.  

And just because I'm supporting FC2 now, that means I'm trashing all other coins?  

I disagree.  

(Don't like the name calling, that's usually the only time I'll delete a post, but I'll let this one stay as I wanted to respond to it.)

What do you believe is a better alternative right now?

saudibull

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:55:54 AM

Well, cant we all agree that all coins are the same, they are, in reality, other than BTC and LTC - but somehow some coins do well, make it to exchanges and become heavily traded and valued - everything is a fork of something. We are not here to try and compare any alt to Bitcoin or LTC, because we know nothing coming out is going to compare. What we are comparing is these alts based of LTC and BTC - so when you keep in mind thats what were actually comparing it to, FC2 is better, the price didnt run up to 30 LTC per 1K like WDC and so many others, it wasnt pumped and dumped - / Lets face it, It dosent matter what new coin comes out, some people will love it, some will hate it, thats how it always is here - So, what do people want to see, they want to see a coin they can get in on early, and make it to the big leagues.. because most people did not get in on BTC and LTC when it was dirt cheap / So pick a coin, stick with it, promote it, make it better, and you can be considered one of the first to get in on a coin at the start that eventually made value of itself - / Some of you will agree with this, some wont, everyone is different. But Ill tell you one thing, Nolo, kinect, hazard, me and many others are trying to promote the coin because we like it more than the other, we believe in it and want to be a part of making it succeed. Thats all. Other users do the same thing for other coins. Diversity -
tobobit

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:59:17 AM

Just saying.

Sad  Other than when a launch is a miserable failure due to low difficulty and orphans, I never bash other alt coins.  I'm one of the biggest promoters of alt coins there is.  

And just because I'm supporting FC2 now, that means I'm trashing all other coins?  

I disagree.  

(Don't like the name calling, that's usually the only time I'll delete a post, but I'll let this one stay as I wanted to respond to it.)

What do you believe is a better alternative right now?

Feathercoin, the coin that Firecoin2 is a 1:1 clone of, and the coin of which the developer is very active. The Fc2 dev is not active, and he admits it was launched as a joke
Yac coin, it uses a unique method of denying 1024k based mining, thereby denying GPU mining. (innovation)

I see a handfull of people pumping FTC2 (FC2).
they are very vocal, and some of them will also denounce other alt coins just to make FTC2 look better.

The FC2 coin was originally launched as Feathercoin2. According to the developer, FTC2 was launched as a joke coin, which allowed some people to trade for LARGE amounts cheaply, hence their motivation for being so vocal.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: