Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:20:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has the price of NEO increased so much?  (Read 3480 times)
kazuya_94 (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:48:15 PM

What is the reason behind it? What events lead to the price being increased x5 ? is regulation inevitable ?
RestinStJames

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

It seems like it may be a lot of hype, but it was named one of the top 10 cryptocurrencies of 2017, so there must be something to it.

From what I have read, a lot of people think it will eventually be worth more than ethereum. I bought some a couple of days ago and it has almost doubled in value, so that's cool.

This is a pretty interesting article about it, but it doesn't really explain all that much.

https://www.inc.com/brian-d-evans/the-ethereum-of-china-neo-is-now-a-top-10-cryptocu.html
KBater

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:33:48 PM

HYPE! Plus the upside is real...

The 'ethereum of china' could have a market cap the size of a small country ...oh wait it already does. A large country - truly it could be the size of Bolivia or Paraguay by this time in fall of 2017.
Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:35:51 PM

Neo is like ethereum but better. Please let me explain first before you yell at me.

1. Neo supports more programming languages, so it reaches more programmers easily. Ethereum is limited to hundreds of thousands programmers, neo's is in the millions.
2. Neo generates GAS automatically without miners.
3. Da Hongfei is a great leader. He doesnt brag, he doesnt burn ethereum for example. He praises it and also tells us why neo is technically better in details. Please watch some of his videos on youtube.
4. NEO is more secure because of dBFT.
5. You can sell your GAS for extra money, or keep it to sell it in the future, which you actually get for free.
6. For now there is no transfer fee in NEO. However this will change soon, so i think people are seeing neo as a bargain and filling their wallets with it.
7. To follow up on #1, this causes faster development and advancement. (google city of zion. Its the neo developers community)
8. NEO has a total cap of 100 million. Ethereum doesnt have a limit cap.
9. Neo doesn't depend on miners so the chance of NEO requiring a hard fork in the future is minimal.

I started investing in NEO when it was around 5 dolars. I still invest in it whenever i have the money for it. I currently own 90% neo and its now worth 4 times more than my average purchase fees.

I've stated this before and ill say it again. By the end of 2018 NEO will surpass ethereum. Mark my words, i've done my research.

what a base 4 your research?

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Blackcloud

Activity: 111

GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:40:01 PM

Neo is like ethereum but better. Please let me explain first before you yell at me.

1. Neo supports more programming languages, so it reaches more programmers easily. Ethereum is limited to hundreds of thousands programmers, neo's is in the millions.
3. Da Hongfei is a great leader. He doesnt brag, he doesnt burn ethereum for example. He praises it and also tells us why neo is technically better in details. Please watch some of his videos on youtube.
5. You can sell your GAS for extra money, or keep it to sell it in the future, which you actually get for free.
6. For now there is no transfer fee in NEO. However this will change soon, so i think people are seeing neo as a bargain and filling their wallets with it.
7. To follow up on #1, this causes faster development and advancement. (google city of zion. Its the neo developers community)
9. Neo doesn't depend on miners so the chance of NEO requiring a hard fork in the future is minimal.

I started investing in NEO when it was around 5 dolars. I still invest in it whenever i have the money for it. I currently own 90% neo and its now worth 4 times more than my average purchase fees.

I've stated this before and ill say it again. By the end of 2018 NEO will surpass ethereum. Mark my words, i've done my research.

Great analysis! However I think the price at this moment increase too fast, and there should be some corrections in near future

Justaguy2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

Allow me to ask the experts in this thread if it is true that you only generate the most gas the first year? After that it just declines, when the blockchain gets more difficult you will only get gas every 30years or so??

If some of that is true, and i were to sell these neo shares to someone, will he/she get gas again?

I find this rather confusing.
zirt

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:34:17 AM

Hi
I have Neo in bittrex.
Say I have 100 Neo since 1 month.
Seems Bittrex will distribute gas.
How many gas would I get? What I know is I will get about 9-12 gas per year per 100 Neo, but I don t know how many I will get when Bittrex releases them. Does possession time influences how many gas?
thank you!
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:46:52 AM

Hi
I have Neo in bittrex.
Say I have 100 Neo since 1 month.
Seems Bittrex will distribute gas.
How many gas would I get? What I know is I will get about 9-12 gas per year per 100 Neo, but I don t know how many I will get when Bittrex releases them. Does possession time influences how many gas?
thank you!
Bittrex doesnot give gas.
You need to have Neo in wallet to earn gas.
nelmari

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:00:57 AM

Most likely the reason would be because of too much hyped. But I think NEO is a great coin, I think it has the possibility to grow more in the future. Will be searching more about this coin and see what are its coming projects.
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 08:16:30 AM

NEO is getting a lot of media attention recently since it broke the magical 1BN market cap. Many people jumping on the bandwagon, I believe there will be a correction soon.
YBL

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:18:55 AM

It seems like it may be a lot of hype Grin Grin
danceforce

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:23:48 AM

Amen! Couldn't explain it better myself. Great work.

For very trollkid in this thread there's only one word in the NEO community; LOVE! Corrections are inherent @ trading. But NEO has the potential to become real big.
And every1 who thinks he missed the train. There is still a lot of profits to be made. I would say join the NEO family and embrace the LOVE.

Happy trading
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:28:21 AM

But what is dBFT? and how it works? Where from the neo gets the decentralized to keep the netwok is always safe for anytime usage? I'm interested in your explanation it seems to be good for me but neo is ethereum for chinese person. But i also like that.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:31:01 AM

It is all about hype and community support. Chinese support it like it is new bitcoin so everyone think it as very great coin. And it is overhyped now, just before correction, I suppose.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
grexmebeen

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:35:34 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think the actual reason is that people will earn gas if they hold NEO
JonahCallan

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:48:46 AM

My view is NEO is the Chinese market attention.
zirt

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:12:59 AM

Thanks, seems Bittrex will give the gas they owe us.
Otherwise they ll keep for them?
Coinbase did it for bcc/bch...
BenCodie
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:26:56 AM

NEO continues to increase in the coming time

Be Ready!
BIG DUMP is COMING UP
Shishir99

Activity: 658
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 11:37:13 AM

I think everyone is promoting NEO at the moment.
This is the main reason for price booming.
I am not going to buy NEO now.
I am expecting a dump.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:46:30 AM

My view is NEO is the Chinese market attention.

NEO is very popular in China, and is often referred to as the Chinese ethereum. With that kind of population behind it, it is easy to see why the price is doing well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: