Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Publica - Blockchain revolution for the publishing economy  (Read 27224 times)
pyknepyk

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:23:46 PM

What is the size of the current community? Seems like Publica isn't doing very well as the building of the community should be the first thing.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PublicaIO (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

Publica - Protocol for Decentralised Publishing

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 10:11:09 AM

What is the size of the current community? Seems like Publica isn't doing very well as the building of the community should be the first thing.

Hello! Thank you for your interest, we are working on building our community around strong leaders. Recently we have launched a community page, feel free to join!

https://community.publica.io/

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 11:50:44 AM

We are excited to announce that Marc Kenigsberg has joined Publica advisory board!

Marc Kenigsberg is the founder of Bitcoinchaser.com, one of the most popular resource sites for blockchain enthusiasts, and a regular speaker and contributor at industry events around the world. With 18 years’ experience in online marketing and having advised many successful blockchain businesses, Kenigsberg is a strong addition to the Publica team!

Marc on Publica: “Blockchain will go down in history as one of the most disruptive technologies of all time. Publica’s vision to unite it with printing and the internet, two of humanity’s most disruptive inventions, is brilliant and perfectly timed for this revolution in human history. The Publica platform is going to enable a lot of positive change for many people around the world.”

Welcome!

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 04:41:13 PM

Publica's CEO answering your questions:

Why does publishing need Publica?

Amazon and iTunes ebooks changed publishing for online retail but left the rest of the ecosystem to others. The online marketplace responded with many sites and services.

None of them have taken up the blockchain opportunity. Publica expects those sites and services to simply adopt Publica as their easy gateway to the benefits of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain revolution.

What’s the simple idea of the Publica project?

Publishing is a global economy and ecosystem unto itself.

Online retail is only one corner of it. DIY self-publishing is good but sacrifices some of the best parts of traditional publishing. They can be revived with elements of the gig economy and the sharing economy so long as the ecommerce is tailored to publishing.

Most of the ecommerce in making and publicizing great books happens before retail, starting with how book projects are funded. Book projects continue long after the release of their first editions.

Publica serves book projects from start to finish--and they don’t have to end. Some book projects can go on forever in new or expanded editions, derivative rights, audio books, movie scripts, games, merchandise, etc.

What’s the radical idea of the Publica project?

When you buy a paper book, you own it. The same should be true of an ebook. This is very different from a revokable license to read it on a proprietary device or app such as iTunes or Kindle.

No one, including Publica, can tell you what to do with your ebook. There are no terms to accept, no fine print, no subscriptions to maintain, no proprietary devices. The digital key you hold is the only proof of ownership you need.

This presents new business opportunites for authors, and total transparency for their readers and the rest of the people and businesses illustrated in the Publica Circle drawing.

What does Publica do for authors?

Advances on revenues in new Book ICO’s. That practice virtually disappeared in the Amazon/iTunes age and authors need it back.

Social networking with a professional edge, e.g., treating books as the projects they are. Project managers, collaborators, publicists, marketers, printers, and all the rest of the people and businesses that make books great and help authors reach the readers who want their books.

Authors need an ecosystem with simple, trustworthy ecommerce that looks more like a LinkedIn than a 50-page contract of fine print that serves lawyers better than authors.

New business models. Every new book is like a startup. The business model is as important as the creative writing, and one size doesn’t fit all.

In one easy example, readers can’t pass traditional ebooks along to their friends and colleagues for fear that the publisher might miss out on revenues. This stifles word-of-mouth marketing and forces all sales to unrealistic retail pricing. Ebooks languishing in an elibrary don’t help anyone except the minority of readers who want to re-read them.

At Publica, readers can resell ebooks on an open market. Authors can set creative new terms for ebook resales including a portion back to themselves or their next book project. They can promote word-of-mouth marketing, host a shop on their own site inlcuding like-minded authors, boost their fan clubs and book clubs, etc. Opportunites abound.

What does Publica do for readers?

Crowdfunding in creative ways. Whatever the readers, authors, institutions, and project managers can dream up in their business models to include their fans and readers who care and want to participate.

After reading, resell ebooks on an open market. This is also good for authors because they can get a portion of the resale on Publica.

In one easy example, university textbooks are expensive and students sell them back at a fraction of their purchase price. Universities don’t need that commerce, they do it because they have to, so the courses can happen on time.

At Publica, authors, project managers, and institutions can set creative new terms for book resales including a portion back to the book project or its successor (fund the next edition). Ebook resale market prices are then up to the seller (reader) and buyer (next reader).

How is Publica different from other ICO’s mentioning books or publishing?
Publica is a platform for ecommerce in the publishing economy, including the social networking that fuels commerce between businesses, groups, and individuals who need to collaborate on book projects.

Other ICO’s will continue to address atomic portions of the publishing ecosystem, i.e., copyright registration, translation, retail ebook sales, advertising, reputation points, book recommendations, or crowdfunding. On the Publica Circle drawing, those are the corners nearest to the readers and authors. Publica addresses those too, plus all the rest of the publishing ecosystem so that everyone can enjoy the full benefits of social and commercial network effects.

What is PBL? Is it a token, a currency, a coin?

PBL, called Pebbles, are ERC20 tokens.

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 04:03:34 PM

Check out Publica ICO review on YouTube  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNh8nM19_Jk

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 10:55:04 AM

Publica's profile on ICObazaar - https://icobazaar.com/publica

Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:04:21 AM

This project is out there since August and they are not so many activities in the topic. I can see the ICO is reaching fast in this month and people are not knowing about this. I also found this project by chance now and immediately it took my attention. I have it now to read later well about this interesting concept.
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:07:34 AM

You guys should run heavy weight marketing and promotion campaign as time is very short. I was going through all the previous pages which are couples. It is not enough to have good idea without creating awareness about this. People watch and make mind to invest in them.
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

You guys should run heavy weight marketing and promotion campaign as time is very short. I was going through all the previous pages which are couples. It is not enough to have good idea without creating awareness about this. People watch and make mind to invest in them.

Thanks for this!

Our marketing campaign is in full flow on all social media platforms. From tomorrow we are releasing more Publica profiles where you will get to know the Publica team members on a more personal basis.

Here are the links to our social platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPublica/posts/147893305811417:0

9GAG: @Publicaico

Reddit: PublicaIO

Twitter: @PublicaIO

Instagram: @PublicaIO

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 11:41:05 AM

This project is out there since August and they are not so many activities in the topic. I can see the ICO is reaching fast in this month and people are not knowing about this. I also found this project by chance now and immediately it took my attention. I have it now to read later well about this interesting concept.

Have a look at our website for more: https://publica.io

Thank you! Smiley

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:56:57 AM

Publica is rated 4.8 of 5 by ICObench Wink

Check out our profile on ICObench.com: https://icobench.com/ico/publica

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 09:25:06 AM

Publica's CEO article published in services4authors.com - https://services4authors.com/2017/09/27/the-blockchain-for-books-sets-sail/

Find more articles here: https://medium.com/publicaio

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 09:49:08 AM

Publica is among top rated projects recommended by icoreview.it  Smiley

More info: https://icoreview.it/2017/10/03/publica/

Domineum

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 09:20:55 PM

This is great for a lot of the crypto-based platforms in regards to writing like Medium, Steemit, etc.
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 07:56:31 AM

This is great for a lot of the crypto-based platforms in regards to writing like Medium, Steemit, etc.

Thank you for your feedback!

oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:51:08 PM

Hello! the road map indicates that 2% is allocated to the bounty campaign. Tell me, when will the terms be announced?
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 11:04:03 AM

Hello! the road map indicates that 2% is allocated to the bounty campaign. Tell me, when will the terms be announced?

Hello! Please contact us to discuss this question. You can contact us via Live Chat on the website (https://publica.io) or by sending us a direct message.

Thank you!

ccaldas

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Hello,

I'm able to do your portuguese translation ( white paper etc. ), have done a few others in the past and can provide proof of my work.

Cheers
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:42:24 PM

now the bounty campaign, why don't you? Starts from 19 October? nice project I will follow. hopefully you will be successful.  Wink Wink
capitomil

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:15:28 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 09:57:50 AM by capitomil

Hello, I am interested in your project, I would like to know that you have decided that you are going to manufacture an erader (it is what I read on the web), you are going to manufacture your own ereader? Are you going to make a cheap or high-end device like Kindle Oasis 2 or Kobo (KA1) ? the others are worthless, and the best screen resolution is 7,8' I guess the technology will be E-ink of course.

Thank you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: