Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:15:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Publica - Blockchain revolution for the publishing economy  (Read 27226 times)
PublicaIO (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

Publica - Protocol for Decentralised Publishing

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:05:44 PM

Publica will reschedule its ICO in light of the announcements of the two upcoming Bitcoin forks. Publica’s large-scale contributors and community are supporting the plan.

The new dates are:

Pre-sale whitelist is open now and continues through October 31.

Crowdsale opens on November 1 and continues through December 1.

“This is good news for the Publica community and ICO buyers,” said Publica’s CEO Josef Marc. “When we launched the Publica project we didn’t suspect that a Bitcoin fork would be scheduled for the same day as our PBL token crowdsale. It’s no problem, we’ll simply extend our pre-sale whitelist period until after the Bitcoin Gold fork, and reschedule our crowdsale end date until after the Bitcoin Segwit fork expected in mid-November.”

Marc continued, “We understand that today might not be the best day for many people to trade their Bitcoin or Ether. We’re happy we can accommodate our community needs. We’re reaching out now to our pre-sale subscribers, ambassadors, forums, ICO listings and trackers. We’ll update our website tonight. We’ll spend the extra two weeks answering questions and continuing our work on the Publica platform — Gutenberg’s Press for the blockchain era, as some of our supporters are now calling it. And we’ll keep our eyes on the news too.”

You can still sign up for a whitelist to get a maximum bonus! Subscribe here - https://publica.io

Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 2578

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:20:57 AM

Good day, interesting project  Smiley

you need a German translation from your ANN Thread? PM me Wink

regards

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:00:40 PM

Publica has announced a new ICO schedule along with soft and hard caps designed to benefit you and the Publica project.

Read 3 Top Reasons Why Publica Restructured Its ICO During Presale: https://medium.com/publicaio/3-top-reasons-why-publica-restructured-its-ico-during-presale-1d23c33030c5

irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:09:04 AM

Is there somewhere that shows us how much has already been raised?

I would like to invest but it would help if I could see that. If I can't see that I will not invest.

Thanks

The website is confusing too.
It says

A) Softcap $1M
B) Tokens will be minted until $5M is raised.

How are these both true?  Huh
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

I would like to invest but it would help if I could see that. If I can't see that I will not invest.

Thanks

It says

A) Softcap $1M

How are these both true?  Huh

Hello!

we are confidently reaching softcap, plan to reach the milestone before we go to public ICO and plan to raise hardcap during first 2 weeks

Second part means:

Softcap = $1M

Hardcap = $5M

Let us know if you have any other questions

PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:57:32 PM

Please join PUBLICA's official Telegram group and feel free to ask any questions - https://t.me/joinchat/GXeUdA5NL51TAV_YFY8BDw

HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:40:51 AM

Please join PUBLICA's official Telegram group and feel free to ask any questions - https://t.me/joinchat/GXeUdA5NL51TAV_YFY8BDw
Well, thanks for letting me know about the translation job. I just skimmed your thread and noticed that there wasn't that many people interested in this coin. So, I will not be doing the translation for this coin. I hope you get someone else to help you out.

Thanks again.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

Thanks

It says

A) Softcap $1M

How are these both true?  Huh

Hello!

we are confidently reaching softcap, plan to reach the milestone before we go to public ICO and plan to raise hardcap during first 2 weeks

Second part means:

Softcap = $1M

Hardcap = $5M

Let us know if you have any other questions
So will the crowdsale stay open until $5M is raised? Even if it takes 5 years?
JosefMarc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:42:02 PM

We won't keep the ICO open to reach a number. We have to close it so we can mint the PBL and distribute them to their owners. Good question, though.
DariaPT

Activity: 85
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:33:03 AM

So will the crowdsale stay open until $5M is raised? Even if it takes 5 years?
Hmmm...strange project. Very unclear how guys will do all that they announced  - 5 years sounds like unreasonable timing Sad
Guys. can you comment more here regarding your timelines for pre-sale and ico
JosefMarc

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:18:23 AM

Sure! I'll keep it simple, ask me if I can explain further.

November 1 to December 1 -- ICO crowdsale is open. Presale is open now. We'll mint the PBL Tokens right after December 1.

It's not a 5 year project, it's a right-now project. Maybe you saw a reference to a five years lock on 20% of PBL. Those aren't the PBL sold in the ICO! That's just in case the project needs them for something we can't predict today. But it won't take five years to see Publica in action. In fact,

The ICO ends December 1 and that directs our budget, effectively tells us what the community wants us to do. In December we'll put the system online in UX demo mode for user feedback. The Publica platform is for authors and readers who probably aren't familiar with Ethereum, so we have to make that a seamless UX.

The ICO soft cap, $1M, is for the first half of 2018. We'll put the PBL Exchange live, ereader app-wallets on app stores, Book ICO website templates for authors online, and their READ Tokens in smart contracts on Ethereum.

The ICO Milestone figure, $3M, isn't a cap. It's for the second half of 2018, so we can develop the RIGHTS Token system. That's mostly the legal framework for it. RIGHTS Tokens are the logical followup to the READ Tokens so that authors and PBL owners can take advantage of derivative rights like movies, games, merchandise, etc.

The ICO hard cap, $5M, is all the PBL we'll sell in the crowdsale. That budget is for 2019 and making the project famous around the world, beyond the fans of cryptocurrencies and tokenization.

Is that a better explanation?
daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:26:38 AM

Just see OP has negative trust, I even think this is a highly possible scam, I try to avoid such project because this is very dangerous for the investment, crypto is risky.
JosefMarc

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:32:58 AM

That negative-trust you saw is probably just the ANNCMT, because that's not a person. We're the people and we're real, we're here. I understand why you fear scams but this is not one of them. Here's my LinkedIn page, I hope you can see that scams are no part of my life. www.linkedin.com/in/josefmarc
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:27:52 PM

Meet Publica in Switzerland on November 11-14 at d10e conference!

Publica joins d10e - the leading conference in decentralization held on November 11-14 in Switzerland, Davos.

We go there to ask for help and advise from the community - publishing has been maturing for centuries and we need to figure out how to approach this Goliaf.

Know somebody we should contact? Please, message one of Publica founders @asaptelegram.

JosefMarc

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:53:34 PM

If you want to talk to us about Davos or Tokenization of Publishing on another board, our group discussion on Telegram is pretty active too - search Telegram for Publica ICO
PublicaIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:07:52 PM

Publica's pre-sale ends on October 31! Subscribe now to participate in the pre-sale and get a maximum bonus: https://publica.io

Mang86

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:13:20 AM

ICOcra.com Ratings Service says that publica.io has
Hype-score - Medium
Risk-score - Low
Investment potential - High
http://icocra.com/hikashop-menu-for-products-listing/product/165-publica

I think that it is good!
To the moon!
JosefMarc

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:28:21 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 07:49:42 PM by JosefMarc

Thanks, Mang86! I don't know how a hype-score happens but we're surely trying not to hype Publica. We're trying to explain it as we best understand it. I suppose some hype-score is due to our delegating some publicity tasks and ad-people naturally assume that hype-y words breed excitement. Anyway, I'm not a marketer so I'll just trust the pros. I appeared on the BadCrypto podcast because the hosts are authors and we got along great. We hear from our Telegram community that many people are joining in and supporting us because of that podcast. You can hear in my voice how we feel about this project. So now we're doing another couple videos, signed up to the Ethereum Davos conference to meet people, signed up to announce the Publica project to the booksellers world at FutureBook Conference on December 1. Trying to be as real and transparent as we can. We have a pretty big team working on Publica and everybody but me is either an ecommerce site developer, mobile app developer, or UI/UX FE/BE designer. I'm on the project because I worked on books all my life, all the odd jobs, and I have friends who're helping us with understanding the nitty gritty details of how the biz works around the world.
Here's something I say to them often, and does this sound like hype? Because it's not, it's what we really talk about around here when we're talking about decentralization and tokenization. "What happens if we reinvent Gutenberg's press for the blockchain? Or -- What if we DON'T?" That can sound hype-y but if you really ponder it, it's pretty real.
Cheers,
Josef
partingpropose

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:10:09 PM

what platforms do you use on your token?
JosefMarc

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:18:10 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 07:50:15 PM by JosefMarc

We're minting the PBL (Pebbles) Tokens on Ethereum, ERC20, for this ICO we have underway now. We've been experimenting with others for the READ Tokens too, because the point of the Publica platform is to be a non-stop engine for Book ICO's. No problem with ERC20 for READ Tokens, but we'd like to know that we have options and we'd like to know how different platforms behave. Ebooks have interesting properties of their own, so we're testing IPFS for storage. We've got test beds here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: