Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:53:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A decentralized web would give power back to the people online  (Read 2068 times)
Bobobog (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:07:54 PM

Privacy: Decentralisation forces an increased focus on data privacy. Data is distributed across the network and end-to-end encryption technologies are critical for ensuring that only authorized users can read and write. Access to the data itself is entirely controlled algorithmically by the network as opposed to more centralized networks where typically the owner of that network has full access to data, facilitating  customer profiling and ad targeting.

Data Portability: In a decentralized environment, users own their data and choose with whom they share this data. Moreover they retain control of it when they leave a given service provider (assuming the service even has the concept of service providers). This is important. If I want to move from General Motors to BMW today, why should I not be able to take my driving records with me? The same applies to chat platform history or health records.

Security: Finally, we live in a world of increased security threats. In a centralized environment, the bigger the silo, the bigger the honeypot is to attract bad actors. Decentralized environments are safer by their general nature against being hacked, infiltrated, acquired, bankrupted or otherwise compromised as they have been built to exist under public scrutiny from the outset.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/09/a-decentralized-web-would-give-power-back-to-the-people-online/

---

Do you think that SHIFT has massive potential for the future?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shift/
neverth

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:11:07 PM

Looks like it recovers.
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:31:21 PM

Are you talking Shift?
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:45:57 PM

Are you talking Shift?
Yes.
Bowtiesarecool

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:55:47 PM

Quite the long winded pitch, but you sure do highlight a lot of positive benefits.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:07:28 PM

This coin exists since 2015 and there is nothing even in late 2017. I don't know also whether they have enough money and a good team to develop their product.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

This coin exists since 2015 and there is nothing even in late 2017. I don't know also whether they have enough money and a good team to develop their product.
What? There is already a working product in testnet.
neverth

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:20:56 PM

It is in testnet.
cryptor47

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:50:47 PM

I just bought into shift today.. have been waiting for some tome to get in cheap and I finally made it. I believe Shift will be very huge one day. I0ve voted for the delegates and will be receiving 8 Shift per month which might be worth a lot in a year or so. Very optimistic on this one.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:51:36 AM

I just bought into shift today.. have been waiting for some tome to get in cheap and I finally made it. I believe Shift will be very huge one day. I0ve voted for the delegates and will be receiving 8 Shift per month which might be worth a lot in a year or so. Very optimistic on this one.
Good time to buy. Yeah.
Amandier

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:40:48 PM

This delegate thing catched my eye. May you tell me more about it ? I am also believing it could be worth quite a bunch in some times, so I would like to do the same thing than you.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:22:25 PM

This delegate thing catched my eye. May you tell me more about it ? I am also believing it could be worth quite a bunch in some times, so I would like to do the same thing than you.
Shift team is on Ryver, you can ask there and they focus on product first. Then marketing will be started. Also, phantom is already released in testnet and will be in mainnet soon.
Bowtiesarecool

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:31:03 PM

Found this on their sitehttps://www.shiftnrg.org/
Can it generate profits?
On the new web, your work has real value.
The new web allows anyone to profit from their work directly, either by securing the network as a Delegate in one of the 101 spots or as a Blockchain-App developer by earning the sidechain fees their Apps generate.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:46:24 PM

Found this on their sitehttps://www.shiftnrg.org/
Can it generate profits?
On the new web, your work has real value.
The new web allows anyone to profit from their work directly, either by securing the network as a Delegate in one of the 101 spots or as a Blockchain-App developer by earning the sidechain fees their Apps generate.

There is more info here:

https://www.shiftnrg.org/about/

Shift, a state-of-the-art blockchain

Blazing fast, dApp-ready blockchain network

The Shift blockchain and its delegated Proof-of-Stake consensus are the foundation for the new web. The value of the token riding on top of the blockchain gives us infinite possibilities for seamless payment services.

Phantom, permanent, secure storage

Peer-To-Peer, distributed data & content storage

Our flagship app 'Phantom' will use the interplanetary filesystem, through which we can connect every computing device to the new web. P2P cloud storage, the Internet of things and many decentralized services all profit from this.

The new web can do everything the old web does.
Just better.
From hosting apps, to community forums, to marketplaces - our new web can do everything you love about the old web. Just decentralized, permanent and secure from censorship. Below you can find a few of the many applied use cases we can realize.

Decentralized marketplaces

Trade and exchange freely, across borders and without fees imposed on you by centralized marketplaces.

Uncensorable social media

Speak your mind and share the knowledge you want, wherever you are. Because no one can censor you.

Identity and reputation

Get a unique ID, valid across the whole network. Permanently embedded in the blockchain to make it tamper-proof.

Unlimited possibilities

The new web is versatile and adaptable. Anything that can be done on the world wide web, we can do better.
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:47:46 PM

This is the best time to buy Shift. Price is at it's lowest and product is about to hit mainnet anyday. The devs are also heavily focussed on the technology and making in the best there is, so that helps.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:59:00 PM

This is the best time to buy Shift. Price is at it's lowest and product is about to hit mainnet anyday. The devs are also heavily focussed on the technology and making in the best there is, so that helps.
When it hits mainnet it'll be huge. decentralised web is a trillion dollar market.
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:25:18 PM

When it hits mainnet it'll be huge. decentralised web is a trillion dollar market.

It's so difficult than you think ever, you are talking about decentralized web and hits mainnet, it needs a lot of funds, investmens, a very talented team and advisors, still it takes at least 5 year to make a company like that.

Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:29:14 PM

It's so difficult than you think ever, you are talking about decentralized web and hits mainnet, it needs a lot of funds, investmens, a very talented team and advisors, still it takes at least 5 year to make a company like that.
Of course but at least shift market cap would see $200M soon. It is easy for a project like that and devs are good.
neverth

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:54:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. It has some real value. We'll see in top 20. Decentralised internet is a good idea.
Zenoru

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:35:32 AM

Still holding my stake (was in it when it was $0.15, didn't sell even when it spiked to $2.70). It was unfortunate that its price was impacted by a couple of issues occurring close to each other (controversy over increasing supply to compensate stolen coins, Bitcoin uncertainty). But its fundamentals remain the same - it just needs some more marketing and Shift will fly.

I can tell you that decentralized storage will be big soon, I know major tech companies are already investing into the tech themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: