Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new platform to trade Bitcoins: BTX Trader  (Read 14610 times)
riddler (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:29:08 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2013, 02:07:26 AM by riddler

We've built a Windows based professional trading platform.

It's not an exchange. It's not a platform that will trade for you and generate profits. Rather -- it will help improve your trade entry and manage your trade's lifecycle.

You'll love the how easy it is to review market data, trade and understand exchange connectivity status.

I've attached a screenshot.

We're getting ready to hand out the platform to interested users.

If you would like to join the free private beta, please visit http://www.btxtrader.com and sign up with you email address.

Looking forward to hearing from the community!

http://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/ilya.png

http://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/candles.png
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:36:44 AM

Windows platform - ouch - way to cut out half your market before you even start.
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:27:17 PM

Windows platform - ouch - way to cut out half your market before you even start.

Windows runs on >89% of desktops / laptops, last time I checked. Smiley

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:06:38 PM

empoweoqwj: you are interested in a linux app?

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:23:33 AM

Go to a bitcoin conference or any dev conference. You won't find 89% Windows users there.

Always check your demographics before quoting any stats.

Young people run macbooks / airbooks / mobiles / tablets. And that's worldwide.

I don't want an app of any kind, I want something I can access through a browser. You are obviously after a different market.
Tywill

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 08:41:27 PM

Go to a bitcoin conference or any dev conference. You won't find 89% Windows users there.

Always check your demographics before quoting any stats.

Young people run macbooks / airbooks / mobiles / tablets. And that's worldwide.

I don't want an app of any kind, I want something I can access through a browser. You are obviously after a different market.

Gotta agree with this, I'm sure it is a great app but it probably won't get much use. Good luck though.
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:07:19 PM

If you would like to join the free private beta, please visit https://www.btxtrader.com and sign up with you email address.

Seems something is wrong with that page.  "Connection interrupted while the page is loading" error.  Sad

Change it to http://www.btxtrader.com and it works.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:10:24 PM

Any plans on working with other exchanges?  I'll likely just use this for planning rather than trading, if MtGox is the only one it's going to support.  Would prefer CampBX, and if not that then BTC-e.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
krudkeeper

Activity: 182

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:35:08 AM

Great idea! Keep working hard! I hope the price goes through the roof soon! Smiley

🆙
zkoynz

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 11:56:50 AM

Whoa Camp BX! Pretty sweet. Gotta check this out... Oh and im on linux and prefer browser apps.  Grin
riddler (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:34:59 AM

Yup, there is an issue with a few browsers and SSL (thanks to AppEngine). I'm working on it.

Http should work for all.

If you would like to join the free private beta, please visit https://www.btxtrader.com and sign up with you email address.

Seems something is wrong with that page.  "Connection interrupted while the page is loading" error.  Sad

Change it to http://www.btxtrader.com and it works.
riddler (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:37:42 AM

Any plans on working with other exchanges?  I'll likely just use this for planning rather than trading, if MtGox is the only one it's going to support.  Would prefer CampBX, and if not that then BTC-e.

We're launching with MTGOX integration. Would love to support more liquidity sources eventually.
dudel42

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:35:29 PM

first release working fine so far.

what I would really like to see is a candle stick chart (like clark moody) or at least a line chart (like bitcoinity) in the app, ideally for a configurable time frame (at least from 1-24 hours).

additional exchanges like btce and bitstamp would also be nice, but the chart is more important to me (as now I still have to keep a browser tab open for the chart).
btcusr

@_vjy

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:34:28 AM

Hi btxtrader  team,

Please allow users to optionally configure newly proposed currency code XBT, along with BTC.

1 XBT = 100 satoshi.

There are few threads in this forum that pushes for XBT ISO currency code standard adoption.

I am not sure, 'BTX trader' already uses this.

I will also send a mail to, help@btxtrader.com.

Thanks.

ilyabtxtrader

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:01:57 PM

first release working fine so far.

what I would really like to see is a candle stick chart (like clark moody) or at least a line chart (like bitcoinity) in the app, ideally for a configurable time frame (at least from 1-24 hours).

additional exchanges like btce and bitstamp would also be nice, but the chart is more important to me (as now I still have to keep a browser tab open for the chart).

Hi, My name is Ilya from BTX Trader.

Thank you for your feedback! we are actively working on charts and they will be in our next release.

Hi btxtrader  team,

Please allow users to optionally configure newly proposed currency code XBT, along with BTC.

1 XBT = 100 satoshi.

There are few threads in this forum that pushes for XBT ISO currency code standard adoption.

I am not sure, 'BTX trader' already uses this.

I will also send a mail to, help@btxtrader.com.

Thanks.

Also, we are planning on implementing XBT and other units of BTC, this is in our back log of to-do's.
btcusr

@_vjy

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:45:49 AM

Also, we are planning on implementing XBT and other units of BTC, this is in our back log of to-do's.

great. Cool

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 01:32:15 AM

Saw this posted again in another thread, so figured I'd download it to see if anything really has changed from my previous inquiries.

First issue, I have to create a login for a program running on my computer?  What's up with that?

Got that done, and looked around the program.  Seems nice, but for someone like me who is new to trading, a lot of the data doesn't make sense and the graph didn't look anything like I expected.  Standard candle chart would have been nice.

And finally, still no other exchanges than Mt Gox.  I don't see Mt Gox lasting much longer, and I've vowed to never use them again, so I've now uninstalled the program until there is official support for other exchanges.

swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 02:32:17 AM

I don't see Mt Gox lasting much longer, and I've vowed to never use them again

your not the only one Grin

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
riddler (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:39:02 AM

Saw this posted again in another thread, so figured I'd download it to see if anything really has changed from my previous inquiries.

First issue, I have to create a login for a program running on my computer?  What's up with that?

Got that done, and looked around the program.  Seems nice, but for someone like me who is new to trading, a lot of the data doesn't make sense and the graph didn't look anything like I expected.  Standard candle chart would have been nice.

And finally, still no other exchanges than Mt Gox.  I don't see Mt Gox lasting much longer, and I've vowed to never use them again, so I've now uninstalled the program until there is official support for other exchanges.

Thanks for giving it another shot!

It's true that the tick chart can be daunting. I've attached a little explanation of various aspects of the tick chart. I can tell you that it can be extremely powerful one you get the hang of it.

On the other hand, a standard candle/bar plot is invaluable and I'm working to push it out very soon.

Additional exchanges: yes, it's in my todos.

https://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/tickchart.png
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 04:11:02 AM

Thanks for the explanation, at least now I know what it means.  Still not easy to read, though.

Are there any plans to add any kind of bot-type features?  I'd really like some kind of trend-following stuff, like EMA/SMA crossovers, or even VWAP crossovers, for example.

As for priorities, I'd suggest that getting it working on other exchanges should be higher.  Simply due to there's a good chance that the legal issues and other problems surrounding Mt Gox will likely make it a bad exchange choice, or maybe even non-existent, in the very near future.

As it is right now, it is a non-choice for me.  There is no low-cost option for moving USD in/out any more with the Dwolla seizure, and what with no wire transfers going on right now.  Even so, wire is not an option for me, since I'm not going to pay $50 (or whatever it is) to move $20 over there to buy coins.  CampBX and Coinbase seem to be my only options to buy BTC with little to no cost of moving in the USD for the volume I'll be doing ($20 or so every paycheck).

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: