Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just wake up  (Read 354 times)
sanfran112 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:32:00 AM

at the end of 2012 I paid to craigslist poster service by bitcoin. I do not remember method of payment details but checked emails and discovered that I used '' MT.Gox" ," bitstamp coupons ",  and I had problems with " Bitinstant" also I made payment by "zip zap"( like moneygramm). I can not find a way to check do I have some bitcoin in my wallet or not and where is that wallet is. Please help me find out my balance
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 05:16:01 AM

Do you have the wallet address?

If so you can look up the balance and transaction activity here.

Enter your public address in the search field.

Good luck!

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:37:14 AM

at the end of 2012 I paid to craigslist poster service by bitcoin. I do not remember method of payment details but checked emails and discovered that I used '' MT.Gox" ," bitstamp coupons ",  and I had problems with " Bitinstant" also I made payment by "zip zap"( like moneygramm). I can not find a way to check do I have some bitcoin in my wallet or not and where is that wallet is. Please help me find out my balance

If you only used Mt.Gox "bitstamp coupons" probably all your money is gone as Mt.Gox has failed in early 2014 and his owner is in jail in Japan.
If you have used Bitcoin Core as that was the most used wallet at that time do a search in your PC and search for "wallet.dat". If you haven't formatted your PC since then it should be in your PC ,usually at %appdata% at a folder named Bitcoin-qt there. If it is password protected you should remember your password otherwise your chances to open it are very slim. Check if you have wallet.dat in your PC and let me know so I can tell you what to do next.
tcsh

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:11:29 AM

If you only used Mt.Gox "bitstamp coupons" probably all your money is gone as Mt.Gox has failed in early 2014 and his owner is in jail in Japan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: