Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: https://coinsgear.com  (Read 1015 times)
oek736 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:49:02 AM

I have utilized this site (bitcointalk) quite a bit over the last few weeks educating myself on a multitude of topics. I figured it is time to give something back that is useful to the community or what I believe to be useful. So, I was on an asic miner site, saw a web banner I had not seen before offering equipment for sale, then I was redirected from the advertised site in transit after clicking on the banner and landed at https://coinsgear.com/. That certainly aroused my curiosity. I noticed right away the https:// so I mean it is possible it wasn't of course a scam or anything. However, there is some level of sophistication that was put into this site's operation. So, for historical analysis for people later researching this site I add the following.

As I write this it is August 11, 2017 at 10PM EST USA. The site (according to the Whois record) was created 2018-08-08T14:08:07Z. That works out to be 4 days, 13 hours, 6 minutes ago as I write this. Obviously at this point they haven't really surfaced in search results but I believe that will change or they plan on it changing in the future. They used a privacy registering service to obscure their information so I can't tell you much more on that. I can say hosting costs 8USD a month with SSL. Economical.

Here is the interesting part. They have been online 4 days and 13 hours. In that time, according to their FAQ, they have over 2500 satisfied clients with over 8000 products sold, and you can check their customer reviews on each product they say. They have been extremely busy apparently selling items and getting satisfied customers in just a few short days. Even more interesting, is they haven't had the time to build those reviews because they aren't there to be found yet in those large numbers. I think they will build them out though, and wanted to get this out there before they polish the site more.

Disconcerting is their stated plan to add an app in the Apple Store, Google Play, and Windows Store. Of course those are "Coming Soon" apparently and it makes a more sophisticated looking site.

Only Bitcoin is accepted as a payment method.

Everything is free shipping from China and it is via "We ship via DHL, FeDex and UPS"

Of the few reviews here are some nuggets after 4 days 13 hours of site operation.

fast shipping -- thanks, did not expect it to arrive this fast, only in 5 days. wohooo time to mineeee baby --grvaughn

Thankk you -- thanks again for your great service, this is my third order for the antminer S9 --
Michael Scott

You NEED this miner. -- This miner is awesome! I've mined a few bitcoins already since i've received it Smiley
Revol. Tech

Thanks, much love -- this is my 4th antminer l3+ i bought from coinsgear, and they neve failed to impress me. great -- Michael Singer

was scared to buy -- finallyyy!! got my minerr delivered.. you gained my trust.. buying another one now --
Rudy   Bennett

coinsgate your the bestt -- if your looking to buy some d3's get it now, bought more than 10 Antminer S9's from them and they always ship fast...Dustin Snyder

Of course everything is in stock (not true everywhere else in the world as I write this) and the prices are fantastic.

Antminer S9 14TH/s - $1849.99
Antminer L3+ 504MH/s - $2649.99
Antminer D3 - $3149.99

I write this now because they aren't "fully launched" and I don't want someone to fall prey months down the road, when this could be caught early.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bigsky

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:40:08 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 12:34:50 AM by Bigsky

Thanks for writing your thoughts above.

I searched for coinsgear.com because I saw it on
an ebay listing as the "supposed" place of purchase of 5 x S9
here is the listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitmain-Antminer-S9-13-5-TH-s-PSU-Same-Day-Express-Shipping-/282607686692?hash=item41ccbb1424:g:oLIAAOSwaLhZhy~K#payCntId

This listing straight away raised my "Spidey sense" it looked like it was
designed as an advertisment, or to give some authenticity to coinsgear  

The website itself does look very professional, but so did a scam
site called bitcoins-expert.com, I tried to help someone who had purchased
from that site, and who had paid nearly 2btc for a couple of L3+'s,
bitcoins-expert then tried to get some more btc before they said they
would ship them to him, which he didnt pay

It is very easy to make a very professional site, and the demand for
mining equipment is huge, if you are looking at buying from any site
that only takes btc or offers discounts for btc payments, please think
and then think again, once you have sent your btc payment, there
is no getting it back

Thanks for the heads up

cheers

Bigsky

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:52:25 AM

Also some of the reviews on coinsgear website.....

order confirmed wohoo Smiley

coinsgate is the best, bought some antminers s9 and now booked the d3

Christie   Fuller
Review author
coinsgate your the bestt

if your looking to buy some d3's get it now, bought more than 10 Antminer S9's from them and they always ship fast...

I thought this website was called coinsgear,
though the reviews seem to have the site as coinsgate,

be careful out there folks

cheers

limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:14:07 AM

Thanks for the review about coinsgear, this can be a consideration for buyers before buying mining tools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: