Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Wallet - It seems this transaction will fail...  (Read 1065 times)
fadingin (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:32:06 AM

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could really use some help, guidance, or any kind of nudge in the right direction. I see the tokens, but can't seem to send them elsewhere. I have sufficient ether in my wallet. I have tried various amounts of gas from low to high. I've tried opening in MEW as someone else suggested, but no tokens are visible, nor do they show up in MEW if I try to add custom token. I even updated Ethereum Wallet to 0.9, had to add the token contracts back to see the tokens again, but still the error persists when trying to send.

It seems this transaction will fail. If you submit it, it may consume all the gas you provide.

Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:41:59 AM

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could really use some help, guidance, or any kind of nudge in the right direction. I see the tokens, but can't seem to send them elsewhere. I have sufficient ether in my wallet. I have tried various amounts of gas from low to high. I've tried opening in MEW as someone else suggested, but no tokens are visible, nor do they show up in MEW if I try to add custom token. I even updated Ethereum Wallet to 0.9, had to add the token contracts back to see the tokens again, but still the error persists when trying to send.

It seems this transaction will fail. If you submit it, it may consume all the gas you provide.

Can you give us the more detail about your problem such as a picture or another visualization that will give explanation about what already happened with you dude.

What is the kind of the coin that you want to send it? Give the more detail about your problem.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:47:07 AM

You need eth to send token.
fadingin (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:57:20 PM

Can you give us the more detail about your problem such as a picture or another visualization that will give explanation about what already happened with you dude.

What is the kind of the coin that you want to send it? Give the more detail about your problem.

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to give this as much attention as I could on my own before following up, and I think I finally got it. No idea how or why, but it finally worked. I followed up with a second send right after it worked with the same settings and it failed again, only to try it a third time and it worked again. I really thought this was going to be on me, but I think Mist is just...not good. I'll be happy to get the heck away from Mist. I'm just glad it's finally sending. It never stayed running in Windows anyway. Crashed.every.single.day. Oh well. Thanks for the willingness to help though. Appreciate that very much.

gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:17:54 PM

It needs gas price to make a transaction, maybe it is low or other possibility that your token's contract address is wrong update it if so.
fadingin (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:58:33 PM

It needs gas price to make a transaction, maybe it is low or other possibility that your token's contract address is wrong update it if so.

I have ample eth for gas, and contract address was correct. I was able to finally get that (Storj) token emptied from my Mist wallet, but now, of course, the other token I have in there is having the same issue.

For this second token (Trustcoin) I assume I wouldn't see my token count if it were wrong, but I confirmed it's correct anyway. I will be extremely happy when I  don't have to use Mist anymore.

If I can ever figure out why this is happening, I'd happily post a solution, but in the interim I'll just be happy to get away from it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: